How to Turn Off Aspect Switching Sounds

6 Troll Hunter
02/20/2011 8:33 AMPosted by Arånann
I found the constant CAW CAW CAW sound to be horrible

I know I can't be the only one that thought this upon reading this line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzVz24xlXYk#t=1m05s
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
I fixed my spelling mistake, though i'm confused as to why that's getting more attention then my post?
Reply Quote
Though I think this is a great idea, I've got some concerns about this. Mainly that even though I won't hear the sounds once I modify said computer files on my own computer, everyone else in my raid/dungeon will hear them and quickly get annoyed. I'm still convinced that there has to be some way to make a macro that will check to see if the aspect is up already and avoid casting it again. If there isn't then its a HUGH oversight on Blizzard's part and is something that needs to be addressed IMO.

I completely agree, this solution is far from ideal and is only necessary because of the horrible design being shoved upon us. IMO the aspect system should be removed and we gain the advantages of both as passive traits. Our damage should not be balanced around being in one aspect that completely prevents movement. But in order to do any sort of competent pvp, you better be moving! BTW, all of this for me is based on pvp, if I raided I'd just bind them separately.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
02/20/2011 7:16 PMPosted by Chorgahn
I found the constant CAW CAW CAW sound to be horrible

I know I can't be the only one that thought this upon reading this line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzVz24xlXYk#t=1m05s
And here I was thinking http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dvijoXytkE&feature=related
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
forgot to ask, why is there 5 different Fox thingies?

ah and this worked beautifully, thank you again for finding it.
Edited by Strlder on 2/20/2011 8:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!!! i asked for this and you have answered my prayers /bow thanks so annoying now i can still have ingame sound plus not having to dumb aspect spamage
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Wouldn't doing this to switch to fox on steady/cobra actually be a dps loss unless you're actually moving?

I prefer to do any stance dancing manually personally, if things become too automatic I cant adjust to new situations that come up that the macros didn't anticipate.
Reply Quote
Wouldn't doing this to switch to fox on steady/cobra actually be a dps loss unless you're actually moving?

I prefer to do any stance dancing manually personally, if things become too automatic I cant adjust to new situations that come up that the macros didn't anticipate.

Yes, that's a downside. I'm thinking if you put the conditional to make it only switch to Aspect of the Fox in Arena or BGs, it might be plausible.

I have separate macros for arena/bgs and PVE, I switch to fox automatically in pvp and manually in PVE. You do still want hawk up when doing steady/cobra in PVE.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
The problem still exists that you're going to really piss off your raid members. :) Great post, though.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Just out of curiosity, what shots are you linking to which aspects? Are you always making sure you're in hawk for insta casts like Chimera and Arcane? Is there any shot that you would ALWAYS want to be in fox for? I understand the idea of getting rid of annoying noises, I just don't understand the need to macro aspects to shots.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
Nvm.. THIS is the video that "Caw Caw" reminded me of.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k7ae1w_WkU
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
02/20/2011 7:15 PMPosted by Waug
I'm still convinced that there has to be some way to make a macro that will check to see if the aspect is up already and avoid casting it again. If there isn't then its a HUGE oversight on Blizzard's part and is something that needs to be addressed IMO.

Macro's cannot check for conditions. The reason why you still hear the sounds when aspect switching is the aspects are made to be turned off. The "!" in front ensures that this doesn't happen however you still hear the sound and see the animation.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
02/21/2011 9:44 AMPosted by Whizwit
Just out of curiosity, what shots are you linking to which aspects? Are you always making sure you're in hawk for insta casts like Chimera and Arcane? Is there any shot that you would ALWAYS want to be in fox for? I understand the idea of getting rid of annoying noises, I just don't understand the need to macro aspects to shots.

Fox - for Steady Shot / Cobra Shot
Hawk - everything else.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight

Fox - for Steady Shot / Cobra Shot
Hawk - everything else.

Well then you're losing that attack power bonus on a decent amount of your damage since there are plenty of times that you'll be standing perfectly still casting steady/cobra. This isn't a huge deal right now, but if the 2000 AP buff to hawk isn't a typo, then doing this will definitely be a dps loss.
Edited by Whizwit on 2/21/2011 10:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
You know that you can have two separate key binds for Cobra Shot/Steady Shot - one with Hawk and one with Fox. Or use a modifier. Either way, in most cases hunters need to stay in Fox pretty much most of the time as smart arena players generally get in on the hunter's face.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
02/21/2011 10:15 AMPosted by Bikini
You know that you can have two separate key binds for Cobra Shot/Steady Shot - one with Hawk and one with Fox. Or use a modifier. Either way, in most cases hunters need to stay in Fox pretty much most of the time as smart arena players generally get in on the hunter's face.

From my limited PvP experience this expansion, yeah fox FTW.

Personally, my mouse wheel can be pressed left and right and I use left for hawk and right for fox. Makes switching on the fly very convenient and doesn't require me to switch if I don't want to simply because my shots are macro'd that way.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]