The Farstriders News! 2/22/11 ((RP))

90 Gnome Rogue
New week, new Voice of the Alliance! Looking at it, you notice a small business flyer. Waterlogged, but still legible, the flyer is titled “The Bulkhead Stream Register” and headlines about the rising clam market and the fall of the smallfish standard. The Darkshore murlocs have discovered journalism.

Welcome back to the Voice of the Alliance! I got the news and you have the views, so let’s get to it!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
News:

STORMWIND: An investigation is underway against famed chef Robby Flay for allegations of making the orphans of the city heavier. The chef, known for giving willing citizens tasks around the city to supply him with various foodstuffs, has been accused by the headmistress of the orphanage of feeding excessive amounts of cookies to the children, leading them to be overweight. Additionally, the excess sugar has lead to a number of them developing dental issues. The Guard had no immediate comment.

The Horde have returned to attacking the outskirts of the city once again. Butchering both livestock and civilian, this is a return to the tactics used before last weeks assault on the main gates of the city. An orc warrior was spotted, and is most likely the source of the violence. The Guard is offering a bounty of five hundred gold for the orc, alive or dead, but in this editor’s opinion, he is a threat alive. Return the favor to the coward tenfold and give his ancestors a dismembered soul and the Teethies their next meal.

IRONFORGE: There is rumor that the Deeprun Tram may be getting an extension. In order to help strengthen the ties between the three Dwarven clans, a Dark Iron engineer is proposing setting up a connection between Ironforge and Shadowforge Cities. This has sparked some outrage amongst the Bronzebeard clan as the bitter feuds between the two clans have yet to truly simmer down despite the Council of Three Hammers’ formation.

DARNASSUS: Druids are looking into any method to restore some of the forests of Darkshore since the Shattering. With Deathwing’s passing, the land was nearly torn in half due to magic invoked by the Twilight cultists. Thanks to the efforts of those aiding the night elves and the archdruid Malfurion Stormrage, the cultists, though still found in camps in the region, have been foiled. Still, the land is broken, as scene in what remains of the main road to Ashenvale, as well as the ruins of Auberdine. The Editor wishes the kaldorei the best of luck in restoring their homeland.

THE EXODAR: Radiation levels in the skies above Azuremyst and Bloodmyst Isles are keeping flightmasters from allowing anyone with licenses to fly on any mount other than those used to transport between Azure Watch, Blood Watch, The Exodar, and Rut’theran Village at the base of Teldrassil. This has had a silver lining, as it also prevents the Horde or another foreign assailant from reaching the crashed ship. It may also attribute as to why Deathwing did not attack the Exodar during the Shattering.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Useful Information:

For the next few weeks, I’m going to talk about the various new factions that have arisen since the Shattering. This week, we’ll take a look at the Guardians of Hyjal, a sect of the Cenarion Circle dedicated to defending Hyjal against the forces of the Elemental Firelord, Ragnaros.

Leading the Guardians is none other than Ysera the Dreamer, the aspect of the Green Dragonflight and sister of the Dragonqueen Alexstrasza. Additionally, the ancients from the time of of the First War against the Burning Legion, such as Aviana, Goldrinn, and Cenarius himself have joined in to protect the sacred mountain from the forces of the Twilight’s Hammer at the base of the mountain in Darkwhisper Gorge.

Those seeking to help are directed to first speak with Cenarion Emissary Jademoon in the garden of Stormwind Keep to secure passage to the Moonglade. From there, a short flight from the assisting green dragons brings one to Nordrassil, the first World Tree. It is from here that the Guardians are based.
Edited by Steelgear on 2/22/2011 1:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
Any small task given on Hyjal’s slopes provides great reputation amongst the Guardians. Because of this, those seeking them out elsewhere in the world will be disappointed. Nonetheless, wearing the tabard of the Guardians shows your dedication to their cause to drive Twilight’s Hammer from our world, and thus increasing your reputation as well.

Being honored amongst them provides many rewards, including a cloak created to support the healers magic, a ring to boost the physical might and skill of it’s bearer, a necklace that fortifies those that seek to defend others, and lastly, a leather chestpiece that provides exceptional speed and grace.

At revered, a special helm enchantment is offered for more aggressive spell casters. To go with the chestpiece, a small acorn fashioned into a necklace is offered, leather gloves blessed for the magic nature of druids, boots for the aforementioned melee fighter, and leg guards for shaman that focus on restoration.

Finally, those that are exalted receive the greatest of rewards the Guardians have to offer. To complete the ring and boots, the exalted warriors, paladins, and death knights can receive a large belt dedicated to Goldrinn, priests can find a special belt in honor of Aviana to enhance their healing crafts, hunters and shaman that enhance themselves can find a pair of mail boots fashioned in memory of Malorne, the White Stag, and finally, The legendary fortitude of Tortolla is represented in a cloak for the exalted defenders of Hyjal and the world.

That’s it for this weeks UI! Next week, we’re looking at the Earthen Ring!

Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
Interview with the Gnome:

This week, I thought I’d give the old voice recorder another chance of working. I was assured by a friend in Tinker Town that it works perfectly fine, so, I decided to take it out on the town and interview a random person. After this interview, I went back to Tinker Town and bludgeoned him with it.

Naomi: Excuse me, miss. Do you have a moment to answer a few questions for the Voice of the Alliance?

Emmari: *nods*

Naomi: Would you mind giving your name and occupation to the readers?

Emmari: *The voice is oddly accented, some sounds unclear or mispronounced entirely* Et’s Emma. Emmareh Stellwater. Iy’m a scriybe and mage for the Selver Legiyon.

Naomi: Pardon me for saying so, but you have a rather unusual accent, Miss Stillwater. Gilnean?

Emmari: *watching the gnome’s face carefully before speaking* Iy’m Gelnean, but et’s not why Iy speak liyke thes. Iy’ve behn deaf sense chiyldhood.

Naomi: Oh! I am sorry! Umm... well, I’ll try to keep it quick then. What do you think of the state of the Alliance?

Emmari: Iy thenk et’s verreh strong. The niyght elvehs have been good to help the cursed of our people to fiynd their places. When we help the Alliyance to defeat the cultests, then we well turn together to tayke back Gelneas.

Naomi: You are very optimistic, more so than most people I have seen in the city. What do you think of the Silver Legion? I did an interview with Lady Illunara not too long ago.

Emmari: They’re all good people. We do good work, thengs the melehtareh can’t always coveh weth trouble from the Horde and the cultests. Iy’m glad they took me.

Naomi: The romantic season is over. Did you have a special someone in your life you spent this time of year with?

Emmari: *blushes* Sort of...

Naomi: Anything special you wish to say for the readers of the Voice?

Emmari: Onleh to consedeh that not all Gelneans wanted the Wall up en the ferst playce. There are begger thengs to worreh about than past desagreements between ouh factions.

Naomi: Well, thank you for the time, Miss Stillwater. Hope you enjoy your time in Stormwind!

Emmari: Et was my plehsure.

Deafness is an ailment that I wasn’t too knowledgeable about until this interview. In the case of Miss Stillwater, it is of a mundane nature and is nearly impossible to cure with magical means. Be kind to those with disabilities, be they citizens of the Alliance or soldiers returning from the battlefield.
Events:

No announcements this week, but I should mention the Darkmoon Faire.

Starting on the 6th of March, the Faire will be in Elwynn Forest until the 12th! If you have any of those card decks I see some with, the time to trade them in for your trinkets is in two weeks. So get that elusive Ace and I’ll see you at the Faire!

As always, send me a letter in the mail if you wish to announce any events for yourself, your guild, or your friends!
That’s it for this week of the Voice. Now that the Crown Chemical Company is gone, breathe easy!

- Naomi Steelgear
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
I gigglefitted over the investigation of Robby Flay.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
02/22/2011 8:18 PMPosted by Axegrin
The Horde have returned to attacking the outskirts of the city once again. Butchering both livestock and civilian, this is a return to the tactics used before last weeks assault on the main gates of the city. An orc warrior was spotted, and is most likely the source of the violence. The Guard is offering a bounty of five hundred gold for the orc, alive or dead, but in this editor’s opinion, he is a threat alive. Return the favor to the coward tenfold and give his ancestors a dismembered soul and the Teethies their next meal.

Lok-tar Ogar! Crush the Alliance scum!

<3

*smacks Axe over the head with one of his tomes*

Starting trouble are we? You have any idea how much the Professor will be upset with you, if he hears you have anything to do with this escapade, Axegrin? DO YOU!?

*Va'dae sighs, pointing back towards the harbor* You better hope he's not sharpening his claws as we speak.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
*Kani giggles madly.*

Better the orc be found instead of me! Lok'tar, kick some ass! Now, if you'll excuse me.... I have a monarch to assassinate!

*vanishes*
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]