[GUIDE] Subtlety Rogue (PVP)

10 Goblin Rogue
I'd just like to point out that this thread hasn't been updated in a long time, and many of the things in it have changed and are no longer considered optimal.

It's been a while since I looked at it, but Snozy was kind enough to point it out, and I figured I'd let the forums know.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Okay, I have a spec and enchant question. If you take 2/2 Quickening does the speed increase stack with Assassin's Step or are you just taking it for the heal bonus? The reason I ask is if the two speed bonuses don't stack what's the benefit of taking the AS enchant over 35 agi to boots?
I'm planning on upgrading boots next so I wanted to know what would be the better enchant/talent pt. decision concerning Quickening. Thanks in advance.
Edited by Howlurr on 1/20/2012 10:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
10 Goblin Rogue
Okay, I have a spec and enchant question. If you take 2/2 Quickening does the speed increase stack with Assassin's Step or are you just taking it for the heal bonus? The reason I ask is if the two speed bonuses don't stack what's the benefit of taking the AS enchant over 35 agi to boots?
I'm planning on upgrading boots next so I wanted to know what would be the better enchant/talent pt. decision concerning Quickening. Thanks in advance.

Quickening does not stack with Assassin's step and it is recommended that you take the 35 agility boot enchant if you are specced into quickening.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Thanks for the confirmation.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
umm...I'm not sure why a mage toon I've never played or made is showing up in the place of my posts?
Edit: Forum bug, nvm
Edited by Howlurr on 1/26/2012 2:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
thanks dude super helpful with the glyphs...had no idea what to do with them
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Bump
Reply Quote
10 Goblin Rogue
01/31/2012 01:27 PMPosted by Lëwß
Bump

You don't have to bump a sticky, silly.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Very good and well written guide.
Reply Quote
70 Human Rogue
Getting a clean Kidney Shot:

Using Kidney Shot from face on can sometimes be Blocked, Parried or Dodged, however if you Gouge first then get behind your opponent and Kidney Shot there is a 100% chance it will not be Blocked, Parried or Dodged. Moves from behind cannot be Blocked, Parried or Dodged in PvP.

Correct me if I'm wrong. But if you can't dodge while stunned can you? So you can gouge KS without needing to reposition behind them.

And somewhat related. You can blind another rogue that Evasioned to prevent them from dodging your next attack. Blind>Garrote>Dismantle to completely negate their Evasion.
This assumes that Garrote doesn't immediately apply damage. I'm assuming that is still the case? I've been gone for over a year :).

Edit: After rethinking it CS would probably be better than garrote to maximize FW damage during the last 7seconds of evasion. I keep forgetting about that change... FW used to be 6% dmg increase for assasination...
Edited by Youarebad on 2/9/2012 1:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
55 Human Death Knight
Ya i was just in a BG and inspected a rogue who didnt take sanguinary vein and had crippling on his main and wound on his offhand because "faster offhand means more applications"

After the Bg was over i had 62 applications of wound because it was on my main hand and he had 8.....

not to mention not taking SV seems mind boggling stupid...The best part was he was so adamant he wasnt doing anything wrong he refused to even listen to reason.

We lost the BG too. With idiots like that running around what do you expect.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
lol hemo n backstab essential but shadow dance glyph isnt essential can be replaced with slice n dice lol, hope u havent updated this in a year because this is awful
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
As this being an old thread, if anyone responds to this, would you as forum browsers, like a new, updated version for this guide?

I would be more than happy to oblige, with a more in depth guide that adds more arena macros / etc and more up to date content, into MoP.

Let me know
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
As I have my own thread "Answering rogue PvP questions" also asking that I update this.

Expect within the next few days that I will post a new one that is fully updated with everything in the other one but updated, also with a more full list of macros for arena, including 1-2-3 macros etc.

Give me some time and I will have it up
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
I made an updated version at the link below

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4079618472?page=1#2
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Didn't read it all but I will soon, I just happened to notice no improved recup? Why is that?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
Getting a clean Kidney Shot:

Using Kidney Shot from face on can sometimes be Blocked, Parried or Dodged, however if you Gouge first then get behind your opponent and Kidney Shot there is a 100% chance it will not be Blocked, Parried or Dodged. Moves from behind cannot be Blocked, Parried or Dodged in PvP.

Correct me if I'm wrong. But if you can't dodge while stunned can you? So you can gouge KS without needing to reposition behind them.

And somewhat related. You can blind another rogue that Evasioned to prevent them from dodging your next attack. Blind>Garrote>Dismantle to completely negate their Evasion.
This assumes that Garrote doesn't immediately apply damage. I'm assuming that is still the case? I've been gone for over a year :).

Edit: After rethinking it CS would probably be better than garrote to maximize FW damage during the last 7seconds of evasion. I keep forgetting about that change... FW used to be 6% dmg increase for assasination...

i belive you are missunderstanding the question and answer. he is stating Kidney shot can be parried and or dodged or blocked. BUT as rules state. you cannot dodge,block, or parry if the target is behind you. thus moving behind your target garantees a non-dodge/parry/blocked stun.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Do you guys evisc in shadowdance or do you just save the energy and use it for more ambushes, because i get 5 cp its about 1.5 s in SD and idk if i should use them or just keep spamming ambush for example. SD>ambush>ambush>ambush or SD>ambush>ambush>evisc?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]