Dial-Up Internet...

(Locked)

85 Orc Hunter
For those of us that play WoW on Dial-Up hear me out, and blizz.

I have played wow on dial-up since the beginning of Cataclysm. Now, seeing that Blizz added new locations and npcs items, and more people are now playing, i would like to add my ideas to blizz developers.

In the Escape menu there should be and option. <Internet>

And in this option you should be able to select which internet service you use, so for me i would hit Dial-up. When you hit the Dial-Up option the game should automatically run only the maps, items, npcs and players that are in your guild, ONLY in the area that you are in, because my game is trying to load EVERYTHING in WoW on my crappy internet. so if the Blizz developers could make a new feature that would reduce lag for users like me, because my latency is usually around 4k, so if i were to go into Org then it would take 10 bloody minutes to load a vendor, bank, person, whisper.... and so on and so forth.

So if you guys could figure out a new way to majorly reduce lag for Dial-up people i would really like that, because i love wow, and the only way that i am going to continue with my subscription is that it will be faster.

Try to figure out a way please. :D

Zhonn
85 Orc Hunter
Ok, someone just told me that the game only runs whatever my viewing distance is, well, my setting are on the LOWEST, the game runs on dial up, its just REALLY slow, i can download all the patches and stuff somewhere else then besides my home.. so if blizz could make it more compatible for Dial-up users then they will have another 15$ a month. If not then i will not bother to continue subscribing... I would like to though...
90 Human Paladin
Not trolling im actually asking this seriously. Dial up still exists? X_X ...
93 Night Elf Druid
Sorry to burst your bubble, but if I recall correctly, the game does not support dial-up connections (think it needs to be at least a broadband connection). That doesn't mean you can't play over a dial-up connection, that just means that Blizzard isn't going to nudge the design of the game to work more efficiently over dial-up nor is support going to be able to help you all the time.
85 Troll Mage
World of Warcraft has not supported dial up since the release of Wrath. I am shocked that anyone can really do anything in game when attempting to run a dial up connection.
100 Dwarf Shaman
02/23/2011 1:15 PMPosted by Junemarquis
Not trolling im actually asking this seriously. Dial up still exists? X_X ...

Yeah, lots of people can't get broadband in more remote areas. Not sure what can be done about the 56k problem. Online gaming has expanded beyond 56k.
90 Human Paladin
02/23/2011 1:17 PMPosted by Orissa
Dial up still exists? X_X ...

BEEEP BOP BADING BADING BADING KSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHT BEEEE WOOP

ROFL that brought back memories.
40 Tauren Paladin
Sorry to burst your bubble, but if I recall correctly, the game does not support dial-up connections (think it needs to be at least a broadband connection). That doesn't mean you can't play over a dial-up connection, that just means that Blizzard isn't going to nudge the design of the game to work more efficiently over dial-up nor is support going to be able to help you all the time.

But she is asking for that support.
83 Blood Elf Hunter
02/23/2011 1:17 PMPosted by Disposition
World of Warcraft has not supported dial up since the release of Wrath. I am shocked that anyone can really do anything in game when attempting to run a dial up connection.

I have to agree.

If you want to play WoW, you NEED broadband or wireless or something..
100 Blood Elf Paladin
02/23/2011 1:18 PMPosted by Simple
my friend leveled to 80 on dial up. funny thing happend he would have me log onto his toon to go to dal and spend his badges back in wrath mind you . i would log onto his toon go get his loot then i would take the port to exodar run to wher the dranei start and trash his hearthstone and log out lulz

I suggest you edit or delete your post. If someone were to report that, both your friend's account and yours would be banned.
100 Orc Shaman
While I don't have any experience with Dial up anymore perhaps you could look into the Cellular internet cards they have out, I play on my fiance's when I'm at her house and it runs just fine.
85 Troll Mage
For those of us that play WoW on Dial-Up hear me out, and blizz.

I have played wow on dial-up since the beginning of Cataclysm. Now, seeing that Blizz added new locations and npcs items, and more people are now playing, i would like to add my ideas to blizz developers.

In the Escape menu there should be and option. <Internet>

And in this option you should be able to select which internet service you use, so for me i would hit Dial-up. When you hit the Dial-Up option the game should automatically run only the maps, items, npcs and players that are in your guild, ONLY in the area that you are in, because my game is trying to load EVERYTHING in WoW on my crappy internet. so if the Blizz developers could make a new feature that would reduce lag for users like me, because my latency is usually around 4k, so if i were to go into Org then it would take 10 bloody minutes to load a vendor, bank, person, whisper.... and so on and so forth.

So if you guys could figure out a new way to majorly reduce lag for Dial-up people i would really like that, because i love wow, and the only way that i am going to continue with my subscription is that it will be faster.

Try to figure out a way please. :D

Zhonn

In all honesty if you live in an area where broadband is accessibly I would suggest looking into Satelite Internet. Yes you will still have around a consistent 1200 ms Latency but the connection is always up (with the exception of storms) and in most cases is fairly cheap to get. Also there is Wireless plans that seem to operate decent.

I said this just due to the fact I really don't see Blizzard going back to dial up support for the game.
Edited by Disposition on 2/23/2011 1:23 PM PST
85 Human Warrior
What is Dial Up?
Is this some sort of mage magic? Mayhaps a Warlock curse?
93 Night Elf Druid
02/23/2011 1:19 PMPosted by Moonica

But she is asking for that support.
When Wrath came out the dial-up requirement was dropped and the connection speed requirement was bumped to broadband. Blizzard had a good reason for doing it. There many "pipes" of communication between your computer and the realm. Dial-up simply cannot send and receive information fast enough to support playability. As each expansion and patch adds new content and features, the amount of data flying back and forth will only increase. Dial-up simply cannot stay afloat in such a sea of data.
85 Orc Hunter
Yes i am, i can do dungeons, (which run smoother then leveling in outlands...for some reason...) leveling is a bit difficult, due to having to fly, walk and kill so man y things, i am determined to get to level 85 though, and no i dont live on mars, i live in Canada, in the country. so Highspeed is hard to get. you can get it, its just really expensive.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]