What class is the best healer?

85 Human Rogue
I have an 85 rogue but i am tired of dps! I want to heal I have a 30 shammy and a 30 druid and my friend has an 80 pally who stopped playing and said i can have him if i pay. Ive done research and heard that shammys lose there mana real quick but i have no idea who to heal with. Please help!!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
why do people still post these? there is no best healer.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
A restoration holy palpriestshamruid
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
The "best" healer for each role changes depending on patch number, weather patterns, basal metabolic rate and mood of the user, the surface temperature of Mars, and the current stage of the celestial alignment.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Mhee, its not as variable as people say, and there is better healers depending on the role.

So, just think exactly what you want to heal and reformulate the question.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
02/25/2011 1:12 PMPosted by Deceive
A restoration holy palpriestshamruid

I've heard of those. I think it was a Manbearpig with some really awesome racial abilities.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I would level a druid. They can perform really well in any healing role and tend to not get knocked around too much by overnerf/overbuff rinse repeat cycles.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Holy Priest imo is the strongest PvE healer
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
If one healer were far and above better than the others, it would then be balanced. Blizz doesn't want any of the healers to be "the best".
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
I'll list out what ever healer can bring to the table

Druid heals: Good Group Healing, HoT, and heals

Shaman Heal: Totem buffing (to the group or healer), Good single target healing, decent group healing. I believe ( i run as a tank) that shamans go oom the least.

Pally healing: Really good at single target healing, aren't squishy, poor group healing

Holy priest: All healing. Great group healing ( a little bit less than druids imo). Brilliant single target healing. but Holy priests are more than just healing. With great power comes great responsibility. And by responsibility, I mean mana conservation. These guys (in my time running heroics with these healers) run OOM at a higher rate than others.

Disc priest: Bubbles much? Damage reduction/absorb is their strength.

I know im over talking about holy priests but I have an alt holy priest so I have a little bit more insight on them. The rest are simply my observations as a tank.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I would think the better question to ask would be something like "What are the strenghts and weaknesses of the healing class/specs and what kind of play style can I expect from them?"

I can only speak for two of the classes and my impessions from having played them at 85.

Paladins- I like to call them the Emerils of Healing. Lots of quick hard hitting heals. I can hear hi saying BAM! BAM! BAM! as I heal on my paladin. Useful but limited group healing. A lot of oh crap and utility abilities. Boiled down Paladins are good at fast hard hitting single and to a lesser extent dual target healing. They also have more mobility than they used to have.

Shaman- On my shaman I enjoy more of a sense of control and frankly they are more subtle than a Paladin healing. I have healed things shaman I would have had a lot more diffculty healing on my paladin. Little thinkgs like Wind Shear, Hex and Bind Elemental make life much easier. summed up shaman are more proactive to prevent damage when on my Paladin I would have to power thorugh the damage Emeril style.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/25/2011 01:06 PMPosted by Rogman
my friend has an 80 pally who stopped playing and said i can have him if i pay

Don't post on the forums that you may be buying a character. Buying and selling characters can result in a permanent ban by Blizzard.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
At first I wondered why Megakiller left out monks, and then I saw this thread was necro'd from February 2011. Normally I'm not the first one to bash people posting on old threads, but when it's THIS old, almost everything said in the old part of the thread is going to be obsolete even if it was correct when posted. There's been a whole expansion since then and the introduction of a new heal spec.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
hehe, I think he meant he would have to pay the sub fee. Not buy the account. :P
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
02/25/2011 01:06 PMPosted by Rogman
I have an 85 rogue but i am tired of dps! I want to heal I have a 30 shammy and a 30 druid and my friend has an 80 pally who stopped playing and said i can have him if i pay. Ive done research and heard that shammys lose there mana real quick but i have no idea who to heal with. Please help!!

Lose their Mana too quick?? The only person who loses their mana too quick are players that don't know their class. Not sure where you have been doing your "research" but that info is so incredibly wrong that you should reevaluate your study skills.

There is no best class, and the power of each changes with every patch. Pick one you like and stick with it. If you are considering a shaman, I suggest you go to www.lifeingroup5.com and start reading.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I hardly ever Drop below 280k in Dungeons, and Im normally the Last to OOM in Raids. The key is just timing your MTT, so you can use it in a pinch
Reply Quote
48 Draenei Priest
02/25/2011 01:12 PMPosted by Procella
The "best" healer for each role changes depending on patch number, weather patterns, basal metabolic rate and mood of the user, the surface temperature of Mars, and the current stage of the celestial alignment.

this by far is the best, most accurate and up to date answer.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/25/2011 01:47 PMPosted by Shlomo
I would level a druid. They can perform really well in any healing role and tend to not get knocked around too much by overnerf/overbuff rinse repeat cycles.

Except for the fact that they were horrible in pvp all of Cata.

The question is a bit broad and silly though. Best for what? PvP? What kind? PvE? What kind? Both? What's your priority? Are you looking to be FOTM and willing to reroll when your class isn't it anymore or do you want something that's got a solid history of being decent and fun even when it isn't topping meters or the rank 1 comp's healer of choice?

A player will probably do better on a class they like that isn't OP than an OP class they don't enjoy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]