Best Quest Addon as of today?

85 Gnome Warlock
Carbonite doesn't seem to be updated...

Quest helper is bugged as well...

Any reliable quest helping addon? specially for the revamped quests? Arrow pointer/rush quests ect.

Id appreciate input.
Edited by Locknlulz on 2/25/2011 10:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
Carbonite works fine for me. Make sure you're using the latest version.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
02/25/2011 10:43 PMPosted by Choonster
Carbonite works fine for me. Make sure you're using the latest version.

Are you sure? I try to run it, the arrow don't show, it doesn't track the quests?
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter
Do people still actually use these?

Are they even necessary since Blizzard basically built quest helper into their interface?
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock

Are they even necessary since Blizzard basically built quest helper into their interface?

If only it had a arrow to point where quest locations are at, ie: Carbonite/Quest helper.
Reply Quote
64 Orc Shaman
02/25/2011 10:46 PMPosted by Locknlulz
If only it had a arrow to point where quest locations are at, ie: Carbonite/Quest helper.

On the mini-map, it has an arrow that points in the general direction.

Anything more is just over-doing it.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
You know you can left click on a quest when it's in your on-screen tracker to make it active on your minimap? With a guidance arrow and everything?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Also, TomTom can integrate with the built in quest guide now just like it could with questhelper, you'll just need to actually get TomTom, since questhelper had it included.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Hunter

You can open up the mini map and it puts numbered dots on exactly where you need to go. There's also an arrow pointing in the direction you are facing on the mini map so all you have to do is turn yourself towards the numbers on the map.
Reply Quote
Do you have the appropriate settings turned on? Try deleting its settings files.

These are located in two places:World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\<ACCOUNT NAME>\<Realm Name>\<Character Name>\SavedVariables\Carbonite.lua
and
World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\<ACCOUNT NAME>\<Realm Name>\<Character Name>\SavedVariables\Carbonite.lua.bak

as well asWorld of Warcraft\WTF\Account\<ACCOUNT NAME>\SavedVariables\Carbonite.lua
and
World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\<ACCOUNT NAME>\SavedVariables\Carbonite.lua.bak
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
02/25/2011 10:46 PMPosted by Locknlulz

Are you THAT bad at navigation?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
02/25/2011 10:48 PMPosted by Phozzybear
On the mini-map, it has an arrow that points in the general direction.

^

While not as polished as the previous quest addons were the in game Blizz quest helper is more then sufficient.

As for Quest Helper that add on is dead, when the Cata patch hit back in Wrath it gave me a message from the author stating that he would no longer be updating or maintaining it. I imagine because Blizzard pretty much copied it into WoW.

Carbonite I know nothing about.
Reply Quote
8 Night Elf Mage
I AM that bad at navigation, and have come here for help. I am new to the game, and my built in quest helper crashed. I can't find the other recommendations, but have installed Tom Tom. Does anyone have any more specific advice to help? THANK YOU!!! I appreciate helpful responses, please help with respect since I'm new.
Reply Quote
97 Human Paladin
http://wow-pro.com/addon
Reply Quote
8 Night Elf Mage
Tom Tom is not working. Please help! I can only get one quest to show up, and when I go to complete it the quest target will not let me complete it. Even when I delete quests and re-accept them I still can't get them to track. I took WoW back to default, deleted all my add ons, and have been reinstalling one by one, and now my quests don't work. Near desperation....lol
Reply Quote
8 Night Elf Mage
Thank you! I installed through Curse, hope it works. Any further advice is definitely appreciated! :)
Reply Quote
45 Human Warrior
02/13/2014 04:47 AMPosted by Chlokita
ion, and have come here for help. I am new to the game, and my built in quest helper crashed. I can't find the other recommendations, but have installed Tom Tom. Does anyone have any more specific advice to help? THANK YOU!!! I appreciate helpful responses
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
You need an Add On for questing....?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
02/25/2011 10:44 PMPosted by Boyarddee

I have never used a quest helper addon since cata.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]