Pre-raid Gear Guide (85 Mage)

(Locked)

85 Gnome Mage
I was about to compile a new list of Pre-raid gear as the current is irrelevant.

Instead I've found one updated already, and suggest my thread is deleted, and refer you to:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4081810268

which I suggest you vote to sticky in my place.
Edited by Sweetrëvënge on 2/22/2012 2:11 AM PST
85 Draenei Mage
Nice list. I rather think Biting Wind should be included under Main Hand as it is competitive with Blade of the Burning Sun.
80 Blood Elf Death Knight
Nice list. I rather think Biting Wind should be included under Main Hand as it is competitive with Blade of the Burning Sun.

So much so they are nearly identical! XD
80 Blood Elf Death Knight
p.s. If you reported this thread, in hopes to get it sticked, there is a "Request Sticky" link at the top right hand corner. You don't have to downrate > Report with a message to try and get a sticky. If you reported because you dislike it then...well...why?
85 Gnome Mage
Thanks, fixed!

Please vote for sticky, if you think it's a worthy resource.
Edited by Sweetrëvënge on 2/27/2011 5:11 AM PST
85 Draenei Mage
Voted for sticky... nice info.

Still, reading the trinket section made me sick to my stomach, due to the fact I ran H BRC a total of 21 times and Witching Hourglass never dropped.

Not once.

How's that for RNG? :-)
Edited by Tihra on 2/27/2011 4:29 AM PST
85 Gnome Mage
Still, reading the trinket section made me sick to my stomach, due to the fact I ran H BRC a total of 21 times and Witching Hourglass never dropped.

I guess that could possibly be a better ending than it dropping the first time, losing the roll, and never dropping again the next 20 times?

They say true randomness includes repeats. Lots of repeats of items that you don't want :)

:o Hehehe
It's a nice list. I know you said you didn't include everything, but I'd like to point out that Robes of Embalmed Darkness has been doing me well for my PvE set. Sure, Haste isn't that valuable for Fire mages, but if you don't want to grind out the rep for some reason, then buying this with Justice Points isn't a terrible idea.

P.S I voted this for sticky.

Edited for bad spelling
Edited by Sproll on 2/27/2011 9:30 AM PST
85 Gnome Mage
Thanks, I'll add this on the list. :)
Edited by Sweetrëvënge on 2/27/2011 12:54 PM PST
85 Human Mage
Wand of Dark Worship (BOE)

This item doesn't actually exist in the game. At present, there are no heroic BoE drops.
85 Undead Mage
sproll, robes of embalmed is nice and haste is good for fire but the mastery makes that piece mage ugly. its nice for arc
02/27/2011 1:24 PMPosted by Scripto
sproll, robes of embalmed is nice and haste is good for fire but the mastery makes that piece mage ugly. its nice for arc

Ehh, I wouldn't say ugly, but it's not the best piece a mage could get. It's always a secondary option though.

In fact, I thought the mastery on the piece was good? Please inform me.
85 Gnome Mage
This item doesn't actually exist in the game. At present, there are no heroic BoE drops.

Fixed, thanks!

Personally, I like the Robes of Orsis.
85 Gnome Warrior
Awesome guide only wish i could have found one this good for gearing up my warrior :P
85 Draenei Mage
Vote for sticky, its a good list. I suggest if you want to improve it then order the items by best in slot for pre-raid, although BiS obviously will change depending on spec.

Edit: For wand, you may want to include Vicious Gladiator's Touch of Defeat simply because it is very easy to get, you have to win all of four arena matches total. And its pretty decent despite the resilience for PvE.
Edited by Nynae on 2/27/2011 2:32 PM PST
85 Gnome Mage
02/27/2011 2:29 PMPosted by Nynae
Vote for sticky, its a good list. I suggest if you want to improve it then order the items by best in slot for pre-raid, although BiS obviously will change depending on spec.

As you pointed out, BiS varies between specs, which is why I opted not to.

Thanks =)
85 Worgen Mage
Nice guide. There are also these two for anybody that wants a different layout.

http://elitistjerks.com/f75/t106009-cataclysm_mage_resources/p3/#post1812992

http://www.manaobscura.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1378#p1396
90 Human Mage
You may want to add in the T11 robes, gloves, and legs since they can be obtained without setting foot in a raid.

For that matter, all the valor point gear.
85 Gnome Mage
Good guide.

Given the ease and minimal time to get them versus the low availability in PvE, I would consider making an exception to the 'no PvP items' to mention the wand. The Caster Main Hand takes two weeks at low rating so no reason to bother with that.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]