How do players move so fast in combat?

85 Night Elf Druid
Ive played against players that move so I cant hit them..How do they do it?...They seem to jump all over the place...Are there classes that have that ability?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Are you... Are you serious?

It's called the space bar.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I'm not sure which of you are trolling. The OP and his lag or the SP and his out-of-context interpretation of the OP.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

players that move so I cant hit them..How do they do it?

Use your mouse to move. With your left hand, use tab to target and numbers on the keyboard to activate abilities. A tiny shift with the mouse can easily spin you around behind a target.

move so fast

Shift to catform and use dash.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
No, there's definitely toons you'll run into on the BGs that have hacks running on their pc that throttle outgoing WoW packets and cause hell with everybody else's client side prediction. It looks like they're jumping/teleporting around (a la shadowstep--not pressing the space bar) because your client is showing you predicted locations that get infrequently corrected with real data. When the real data shows up and the toon isn't where your client thinks it should be, it 'teleports' on your screen to its real location...only for the prediction to be wrong a second or two later and teleport again, etc. etc. etc.
Edited by Mendol on 2/28/2011 11:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
84 Troll Hunter
they are prolly speed hacking... seems every fight i get into these days the other guy is blinking about every second or so and imposible to hit (in melee).

Bliz seems to busy "balancing' this piss poor game than fixing a hack that has been happening for 6 years... GG
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Happpens alot in Bg's now. i run into a pally or warrior the buzzes around me like a rogue on Killing spree while i can't hit them and I'm dead with out even doing damage . Then to be complete A- holes they then laugh @ me
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
speed hacking/lag hacking=toon running in place you're unable to hit them....toon teleporting around=you have a bad ping/bad connection
Reply Quote
81 Gnome Priest
What's funny is when you're 10+ yrds away and still getting smacked by their melee. Or when you stun them and can't hit them, and right before the stun ends they teleport 15 yrds away.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
09/05/2011 06:04 PMPosted by Hymn
What's funny is when you're 10+ yrds away and still getting smacked by their melee.

That's your connection.

09/05/2011 06:04 PMPosted by Hymn
Or when you stun them and can't hit them, and right before the stun ends they teleport 15 yrds away.

That's a lag macro.
Reply Quote
10 Tauren Warrior
I don't know what's worse: standing on top of someone with my 230ms ping and being totally unable to hit them because they're out of range or the number of classes that seem to be able to strafe away from me as quick as I can move toward them without using dash.
Reply Quote
86 Orc Warlock
Unfortunately I don't get the sense it's common enough yet that the powers that be will actually be bothered to do something about it, though I'm sure they know about it. It's just common enough in BGs that if you do them a lot, when you see it and you have a good reliable connection yourself, you definitely know they're lag/speed hacking.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
ppl cheat. i know what u speak of.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]