Northern Cloth Gathering - still available?

85 Undead Mage
I checked with every Tailoring Trainer of whom I could think and have hit a huge number of mobs, rare and normal, in Northrend for the World Drop book to get this passive spell. I am having an extremely difficult time getting to 425 Tailoring and determined that I did not have that spell.

Any help would be wonderful!
<back to the grind>

PS--- The point is that I cannot locate the quest 'Cloth Gathering' - Wowhead.com's purported location, 'Raenah' in Warsong Hold, does not have the quest.
Edited by Acumen on 2/28/2011 3:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
The extra cloth is now an automatic perk that you gain at 400 skill.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
That "perk" is still useless if you are playing solo -- the perk only activates the "re-loot" when you are in a group and the body was looted by someone else in the group!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
So no pointers on how to get Northern Cloth Gathering if you cannot find a quest giver and have not seen the world drop?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Quest giver is in the Howling Fjord starting inn. Second level near balcony.
Edited by Rexferal on 3/2/2011 11:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
I believe the world drop is no longer there.

Also,
02/28/2011 6:10 PMPosted by Xavierr
That "perk" is still useless if you are playing solo -- the perk only activates the "re-loot" when you are in a group and the body was looted by someone else in the group!

This is wrong.
Just go to the area where the Fallen Heroes turn to Fallen Spirits (or something) which is the best area for farming Frostweave and do it with a char with and without Cloth Scavenging and you'll see the difference.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
03/02/2011 12:17 PMPosted by Tastie
The buff for tailors is automatic in Cataclysm I think, but not (afaik) for Northrend.

Uhhhh - I have no idea what you are referencing. I have Cataclysm and do not have the buff - that is the problem that I am posting about.
Reply Quote
03/03/2011 7:17 AMPosted by Acumen
The buff for tailors is automatic in Cataclysm I think, but not (afaik) for Northrend.

Uhhhh - I have no idea what you are referencing. I have Cataclysm and do not have the buff - that is the problem that I am posting about.

I think what Tastie means is tailors automatically get an increased chance to find cloth in Cata (there is no buff or aura - it's just there) which could be the case, I suppose. I just assumed they carried over the Cloth Scavenging from WotLK.

You don't need any quest now to get the Northern Cloth Scavenging. Just go to Charles Worth in Dalaran and you can buy this for 5g.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
03/03/2011 7:59 AMPosted by Gnorgnash
You don't need any quest now to get the Northern Cloth Scavenging. Just go to Charles Worth in Dalaran and you can buy this for 5g.

Just checked with Charles Worth in Dalaran. Also checked Warsong Hold and Howling Fjord. This buff is still not available to me.

What am I missing here?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Can anyone assist? Charles Worth in Dalaran does not have this buff. Warsong Hold and Howling Fjord Tailoring Trainers do not either. Automatic at 400 skill? World Drop? Quest somewhere else? ANYONE?

I do not have anything anything in the General Tab of my Spellbook named 'Northern Cloth Gathering', nor anything close.

I missed the Lich King expansion, yet returned for Cataclysm. I believe I was at 375 Tailoring from TBC (or 382?), and have been fighting and clawing my way up to 417 Tailoring. This is quite a grind without Northern Cloth Gathering.

Any thoughts would be extremely helpful.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
My tailoring is level 410. I also have tried to purchase northern cloth scavenging and have not found it from any of the trainers that have been mentioned above.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
If you have the scavenging skill, it will appear in the professions tab (not general) next to the button for your tailoring skills window. Check that if it's there or not first. If not, idk what to tell you. The place I got the skill back in Wrath was a quest from the tailoring trainer in the inn at Vengeance Landing, Howling Fjord.

Perhaps petition a GM to look into that with a ticket. It is possible they left out the now buy-able skill after a recent patch.

Edit: Gnorgnash is right about the lack of any buff showing in the UI. If the northrend cloth scavenging is in your professions tab, it apply to both frostweave and embersilk (embersilk procs were added after people complained about the lack of cloth).
Edited by Lorath on 11/20/2011 9:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
I was able to get a GM to respond to a ticket. You apparently automatically acquire this buf when your tailoring reaches 400. It does not appear in your spellbook general tab, but under the professions tab located within the tailoring profession section. That's where mine is located.

Hope this helps!
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
I paid the 5g for this less than a month ago. Found the NPC in Valiance Keep were all the trainers are under the tents.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I AoE'd a huge pile of mobs in Icecrown last nite and didn't get much cloth solo - mostly single drops and maybe 2~3 on some. But I get lots inside Cata dungeons from my own mob and after others loot their mobs. Frostweave may need friends/guildies to form groups to wipe out dungeons and have them loot normally. Or jump into ICC pugs.

If you need embersilk - AoE Deepholm troggs with a Potion of Treasure Finding. Humongous piles of cloth.

Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Can anyone assist? Charles Worth in Dalaran does not have this buff. Warsong Hold and Howling Fjord Tailoring Trainers do not either. Automatic at 400 skill? World Drop? Quest somewhere else? ANYONE?

I do not have anything anything in the General Tab of my Spellbook named 'Northern Cloth Gathering', nor anything close.

I missed the Lich King expansion, yet returned for Cataclysm. I believe I was at 375 Tailoring from TBC (or 382?), and have been fighting and clawing my way up to 417 Tailoring. This is quite a grind without Northern Cloth Gathering.

Any thoughts would be extremely helpful.

You sure you don't have it? What is listed on your professions tab when you press 'K' (default mapping)?
Reply Quote
You get the Northern Cloth gathering in Valance Keep as mentioned above, one of the trainers under the tent (alliance). I'm sure Horde has the same equivalent.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]