cataclysm raiding

90 Tauren Hunter

before cata came out, there was a thread on the old forums discussing 25 vs 10 man raiding and how people felt like the new loot system was going to kill larger guilds. since it's been a while since launch now, i was just curious as to how people feel like things actually turned out. from what i can tell from the progression thread/guildox/wowprogress, only a handful of the larger guilds are still running progression 25 mans with a whole lot of guilds switching to running multiple 10 mans instead. i'm also curious if any of the multi guild alliances have survived (ie wotw and mim horde side) given the new guild participation system.

my 2 cents...... our guild is decidedly casual (2 nights a week for ~2 hours) and there have been some benefits and some downsides to the changes. it's been nice to have the smaller raid instances that allow for us to try something new each week and allow us to switch up where we choose to progress. we raid at a non-standard time, run a lean roster and don't have mandatory attendance though, so the guild participation system means that if we don't have 10 people available we pretty much don't raid since pugging players has become almost impossible. i also feel like i've seen a lot fewer unguilded or guilded with a small guild players interested in raiding.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
the 25man guild !@#$ING DIED MAN. WE WERE RIGHT
Reply Quote
this game (and server) died at WoTLK. I miss old WoW. I even miss Ghettomagic making fun of my BoE's in Arathi Highlands....
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Cata it died. Wrath was alright.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The last horde 25 guild was running 10 mans by the mid way point of dragonsoul.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Horde died long before Dragon Soul
Reply Quote
If you're talking about Osmo we died as a 25 man in Firelands after the raid leader retired and a bunch of the core team xferred to Blackhand. Like Drag said, was before DS.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm not dead!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]