Razer Nostromo issues

85 Human Rogue
I purchased the Razer to replace my very old n52. It works pretty good, but at times it seems like keys are sticking, almost behaving as if it is lagging, and remembering the keys I press.

For instance my sub rogue I'll premed, ambush, rupture, sd, ambush x 3, evis, hemo, bs, etc.

I have a perhaps bad habit of spamming the keys so it goes off as soon as I have the energy, and it seems like the nostromo is trying to input each of these key presses instead of moving on to the next. For example in the above scenario, I may have hit the ambush key 4-5 times, got off my 2-3 ambushs and moved on to my evis and hemo/bs spamming. but instead of performing the desired moves it is still trying to use the ability that is bound to the ambush key.

Any idea whats going on here?
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
sorry to bump this but it is really annoying, to the point I'm about to break out the alcohol and q tips and try to ressurect my n52 for the 4 time.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
My in game latency is normal, around 150 or so. Keyboard works fine, and yes I have all the latest drivers. I'm not using any macros, and as far as I can tell do not have it enabled.

It does kind of act like its playing a macro though, if that makes any sense.

I had this problem when I first installed it and I updated the bios on it, which seemed to help but the problem resurfaced tonight.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
I'm running a usb keyboard and mouse, and I have a memory card reader that uses USB, but I don't keep it plugged in unless I need it. I'll try updating the drivers again, maybe that will help.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm having the same exact problem with mine, I've had the older belkin nostromo n52 for years, and it worked great, after 'upgrading' to the razer, I'm experiencing the same input lag on my keys. If you've found a way to resolve this please let me know. I'm still looking for a solution.
Reply Quote
63 Dwarf Hunter
I am having the exact same issue and noticed that it started when I upgraded the driver from 1.02 to 1.03 on the device itself. When i get home tonight I am going to backrev the driver to test. I'll keep you posted.
Reply Quote
63 Dwarf Hunter
*VERIFIED FIX* Completely uninstall the v1.03 driver and all application .dlls. I use Revo Uninstaller to do this. It removed everything including the reg entries. You may not have to remove everything with a program like that but I did just to be safe. Then install the Razer Nostromo v1.02 driver. It fixes this issue right up! w00t! I am reporting this issue to Razer. Everyone here should also do the same and tell them it works fine in their v1.02 driver.

Use this link to email Razer Support and request a fix for the latest driver.
http://help.razersupport.com/us-en/email.asp?sid=213410110315024230187107&pid=400001001&pnm=Razer+Nostromo&seid=400002688&pos=Windows&top=Other&rid=400000425

03/15/2011 11:28 AMPosted by Agrestial
I am having the exact same issue and noticed that it started when I upgraded the driver from 1.02 to 1.03 on the device itself. When i get home tonight I am going to backrev the driver to test. I'll keep you posted.
Edited by Agrestial on 3/15/2011 6:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I just picked up the new one too and the issue I have is similar. I have the d-pad mapped to keymap switching but when i hit the button there's a good 1/2 to full second lag before the key map actually switches. I've tried reverting to 1.2, i've tried updating the firmware, nothing. Any suggestions before I just take it back?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
*VERIFIED FIX* Completely uninstall the v1.03 driver and all application .dlls. I use Revo Uninstaller to do this. It removed everything including the reg entries. You may not have to remove everything with a program like that but I did just to be safe. Then install the Razer Nostromo v1.02 driver. It fixes this issue right up! w00t! I am reporting this issue to Razer. Everyone here should also do the same and tell them it works fine in their v1.02 driver.

Use this link to email Razer Support and request a fix for the latest driver.
http://help.razersupport.com/us-en/email.asp?sid=213410110315024230187107&pid=400001001&pnm=Razer+Nostromo&seid=400002688&pos=Windows&top=Other&rid=400000425

My new hero is a Dwarf with a bushy beard.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
My Razer Nostromo has a different issue.

It sticks in a certain mode of action. For example, my toon will stick running straight ahead, or backing up, or turning in circle.

Then, after 60 seconds or so, it seems to fix itself. It is very annoying in a dungeon.

Anyone else seeing this?

Thanks.
Reply Quote
77 Night Elf Rogue
@Larriana
What driver version are you using? v2.01 had this problem, but it's been addressed in v2.02..
Reply Quote
83 Human Paladin
deleted, fixed
Edited by Crowfield on 9/9/2011 2:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I'm having the samie issue as larriana. I've been going back and forth with the razer support people and they haven't been able to help. I have the most up to date drivers (2.02) and the most up to date firmware (1.02). Will still stick and make me run or (in my case) i have a few buttons mapped to hit alt and a button and in those cases it will act as if the alt button is staying down.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
update... still in contact with razer. they had me swap out my device for a new one, same problem. No real reason or predictability for when this happens. they tried to say it might be a conflict with an addon. Anyone else here use bartender that has this problem?
Reply Quote
82 Undead Mage
I'm having the same issue. When I unplug it from the USB port and plug it into a DIFFERENT USB port - it starts working like LIGHTING - BUT - it does not load my profile. No matter how much I edit - it still just uses the "default" loadout of the keyset even if a custom profile is loaded.

This thing is JUNK - too bad Belkin gave it up - always worked 100% of the time until RAZER got their hands on it.
Reply Quote
82 Undead Mage
Update:

So it seems that the more keys you change/bind in your Nostromo config - the more lag you will get.

Binding the top row got me a LITTLE bit of lag.
Add the middle row and I have a moderate amount of lag.
Add the bottom row and I'm just jacked.

This thing is JUNK!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]