Changes to Ambassador title

90 Blood Elf Hunter
I know ptr etc.... I'm just wondering if people who are currently neutral with Bilgewater Cartel will be losing their titles until they grind out the rep with that faction, Or will we get to keep our titles because we already earned it ?.

Just asking in advance, since there were some issues with a previous change in achievements/titles.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
Just grab the tabard and go farm old dungeons like Startholm for rep wont take long.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
dont see this in the patch notes...but i can see your concern.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
If you have the achievement you'll keep the title. The Exalted worked differently because we wanted to move the title to a different achievement altogether (50 exalted).

In this case, if you have the achievement you'll keep the title. If you're close to getting the achievement, you might want to hurry and get it before 4.1 because after 4.1 you'd need to also gain the additional rep to meet the requirements, earn the achievement, and get the title.

Same as it was for Loremaster or Explorer, if you had the achievement you still have the achievement, even though the requirements changed.
Edited by Bashiok on 3/1/2011 3:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Link to the changes?
Reply Quote
30 Orc Warlock
Is the next expansion going to be like this? Honestly, it's kind of awkward and just comes across as poor planning. I mean, this change totally makes sense, by why didn't this happen at launch?

I like a lot of things about Cata, but achievements feel really disorganized. I'm still not happy with the missing FoS for original Loremaster and Keymaster. (Getting the original Loremaster, by the way is a very different case than Exalted which at least builds on the same stuff.)

Things like, my characters having all sorts of Explorer stuff unlocked for lands they never visited, my main getting Surveying the Damage without actually surveying the damage, etc. So many achievements and FoS just don't make sense.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
maybe I am still half asleep but this began about the "Ambassador Title" and rapidly went to the "Exaulted Title", please clarify, if we have the ambassador title we maintain it?

I likely have some or had some titles achievments etc that changed and I am yet unaware though I certainly noticed I have many missing keys.

As stated before, I wish the players had a heads up when achievments are going to change like maybe on log in page where maintenance announcments are made, not everyone has time to read patch notes word for word, needs to be more notification directed towards the players especially when changes impact what they work hard for.
Reply Quote
Why not just add a new, better title for people who get more than the 40? It achieves the same effect you're looking for by making the achievement harder.

Just off the top of my head, there are a few like this:
Mounts: Two tiers of mounts to get
Arch: Assistant Professor, Professor

The Exalted -> The Highly Exalted -> why not?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
03/01/2011 9:05 PMPosted by Griffe
Link to the changes?

Alliance will need to also get exalted with Gilneas (Worgen) and the Horde with Bilgewater Cartel (Goblins).
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
03/01/2011 9:17 PMPosted by Bulie
my main getting Surveying the Damage without actually surveying the damage, etc. So many achievements and FoS just don't make sense.

Agreed. I was looking forward to actually doing this (Surveying) and found it rather odd that I didn't have to. Also - dks have much of the old world zones explored but not the capitals. Twis very odd.

Above me - I wouldn't call getting 55 of 63 reps "easy" specially when many of them are raid based.

Ie it is "easy" if you've been playing since Vanilla and raided regularly. Not exactly "easy" if you haven't.
Edited by Qualanthar on 3/2/2011 10:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
Getting exalted with Gilneas took almost no effort at all. I only had to wear the gilneas tabard for a few days to hit max exalted with them. My guess is since i was getting a lot of rep with them from holiday stuff or something.

No one should complain about having to get bilgewater or gilneas rep as with the tabards it is entirely effortless. Just do what you normally do with that tabard on for a week and you'll have it.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
If you have the achievement you'll keep the title. The Exalted worked differently because we wanted to move the title to a different achievement altogether (50 exalted).

In this case, if you have the achievement you'll keep the title. If you're close to getting the achievement, you might want to hurry and get it before 4.1 because after 4.1 you'd need to also gain the additional rep to meet the requirements, earn the achievement, and get the title.

Same as it was for Loremaster or Explorer, if you had the achievement you still have the achievement, even though the requirements changed.

I find it a little funny how people think this as a giant deal, kinda like getting an additional 10 reps for the highest level of the exalted achievement.

I got to 56 reps exalted w/o too much difficulty. Single handedly solo'd the 55 reps achievement for my guild.

Not to mention how easy it is to cap Gilneas rep. I did a day or two after the shattering happened.

Some people leveled the reps when the factions were current. Much harder than soloing them at a higher level, so to them it IS a big deal. Just because you think it isn't doesn't invalidate their concerns.

Personally I don't wear a title any more. I used to use the Exalted, but after seeing the way Bliz went about removing it, and then adding it back as they made condescending posts about "coming changes", the title lost any appeal it had to me.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin

Doesn't this mean that you could have renamed "40 Exalted Reputations" to "50 Exalted Reputations", let people with the title grandfather in the "new" achievement without the requirements, then added a new 40 achievement?

Hell, you could have changed the 40 achievement to one called "The Exalted" and put a new one in its place.
Reply Quote
03/02/2011 6:11 AMPosted by Mvura

Dude...

Dude...

The Double Exalted all the way!

What does it mean?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
03/02/2011 10:58 AMPosted by Bite

Double Plus Exalted.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

Doesn't this mean that you could have renamed "40 Exalted Reputations" to "50 Exalted Reputations", let people with the title grandfather in the "new" achievement without the requirements, then added a new 40 achievement?

Hell, you could have changed the 40 achievement to one called "The Exalted" and put a new one in its place.

Another way would be to create a new achievement with the title (Worth 0 points, probably?), implement that at 40, wait a week, then switch it to 50. This keeps the names from getting weird.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
So if I am to understand correctly, the Achievement "Ambassador to the Alliance/Horde" will have their respective faction's new race added to the requirements?

This makes 100% complete sense. The only question I have is why it wasn't implemented at launch, or in 4.0.3a when the faction was introduced?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]