Bots farming whiptail in Uldum

85 Draenei Shaman
This is beyond me. Myself and three other people have filed tickets on a specific person for bot farming Whiptail in Uldum, all of us received the same response, that it will be investigated. Almost a week later and the freakin' bot is still down there almost 24 hours a day picking flowers. Am I missing something here? Is Blizzard trying to tell me I'm a fool for farming my own mats, that's it's OK to use botting programs? WTF, I shouldn't have to compete with an AI to gather mats.
Edited by Siina on 3/2/2011 1:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
you know they leave them up for a while to try and figure out how to prevent it completely
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
they dont give a shyt man...
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
Much like dark say, blizz not gonna stop doing the devs because of bots.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Of course they give a "shyt". I'm sick of people thinking Blizzard employees sit on their butts all day eating donuts and ignoring player concerns. Listen to Snipersteve- he's right. -__- If this person really is botting, they will shut them down.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Of course they give a "shyt". I'm sick of people thinking Blizzard employees sit on their butts all day eating donuts and ignoring player concerns. .

No that is cops. Blizzard employees usually go for twinkies.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Yeah I understand letting them continue for a bit to find out what program they're running, just didn't think it would take that long, but whatever. Dudes worth free honor every time I run into him.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
dawg they really dont care. i report a guy for herbing all day every day for a whole week back in wotlk. lets just say he was on the game 24/7 for a whole month vefore i gave up trying to herb
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Normally to be banned from player reports, it takes multiple reports from multiple people. Then it takes anywhere from 3-5 weeks for them to investigate the account in question. They go back and check logs and monitor behavior.

For Blizz to really beat the botters, relying on player reports is just too inefficient. What they need to do is update Warden to check for more "current" offsets being used by popular botting software and then ban them when detections are made.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
botting isnt an actual hack, its just a program that types movement scripts, etc. into the chatbox, it doesn't actually "load" into wow per say, which is why Warden can't pick it up unless you want them to invade your privacy and be constantly scanning everyones computer, which im pretty sure they wouldn't / can't do.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
It's obvious you have no idea what you're talking about. Simple, rudimentary bots just "type" commands into WoW. But there are a handful of other bots (including the most popular one, which is what I'm sure he's using) that inject their own code into the WoW procress by hooking a call in Direct3D. These bots can also read every piece of information in the game, straight from the WoW process itself.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
it's disturbing how much you know about this.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
03/05/2011 4:48 AMPosted by Agroholiq
It's obvious you have no idea what you're talking about. Simple, rudimentary bots just "type" commands into WoW. But there are a handful of other bots (including the most popular one, which is what I'm sure he's using) that inject their own code into the WoW procress by hooking a call in Direct3D. These bots can also read every piece of information in the game, straight from the WoW process itself.

My friend irl runs a botting company, every bot he sells, including the mining and herbing bot, does not load into WoW otherwise it'd set off a red flag through warden, so idk about the direct 3d thing.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
03/05/2011 12:13 PMPosted by Snipersteve

My friend irl runs a botting company, every bot he sells, including the mining and herbing bot, does not load into WoW otherwise it'd set off a red flag through warden, so idk about the direct 3d thing.

If you're talking say that he's a reseller of popular botting software, then he doesn't run a "botting company". Also, if you're talking about the same mining and herbing bot I am, it very much does hook itself into WoW. There's really no point in arguing about it..
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Been reporting the uldum bots when i see them and yet they continue to bot 24 hours a day 7 days a week for a month and nothing is done.

Save the blizzard studies them garbage.

In a months time the average bot will pick around 15,000 stacks of whiptail and 95,000 volatile life so take your time blizzard there are only around 10 bots running around there at the same time.

Saw one hacker bot the other day in uldum he would drop down start picking a herb, get attacked and then run into the sky to get away from the mob where he would then mount up. Watched him do that every time he tried to grab something around a mob.

It's not that i blame blizzard for there being cheaters in the game but i do believe that their lack of response to the cheaters is their fault. This botting has been going on for years and i have every reason to think it continue until wow finally dies.
Reply Quote
7 Troll Shaman
Who cares? Let them do their thing and go farm somewhere else
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Don't worry, Got their grandma on my D
Reply Quote
7 Troll Shaman
Been reporting the uldum bots when i see them and yet they continue to bot 24 hours a day 7 days a week for a month and nothing is done.

Save the blizzard studies them garbage.

In a months time the average bot will pick around 15,000 stacks of whiptail and 95,000 volatile life so take your time blizzard there are only around 10 bots running around there at the same time.

Saw one hacker bot the other day in uldum he would drop down start picking a herb, get attacked and then run into the sky to get away from the mob where he would then mount up. Watched him do that every time he tried to grab something around a mob.

It's not that i blame blizzard for there being cheaters in the game but i do believe that their lack of response to the cheaters is their fault. This botting has been going on for years and i have every reason to think it continue until wow finally dies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzFPmx96nnA
Reply Quote
76 Human Paladin
Blizz does care i seen in a forum somewere that blizz took a hudge botting company to court resently I dont know the out come but it's a start
Reply Quote
15 Worgen Priest
^ Bump
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]