The Path of the Peaceful Druid

11 Night Elf Druid
I have been inspired by all the other people trying to level without killing anything, and let me tell you - it's definitely a challenge!

I'm exploring, herbing, and mining, and doing the odd non-violent quest, and Archeology as soon as I'm able.

The trouble I'm having, is now that all the quest lines are so linear, I can't pick up certain quests without doing the ones before it. Example - I cannot pick up Iverron's Antidote (go pick flowers so my man here doesn't die), or any of the fill the crystal vial from the moonwells of Teldrassil quests like Teldrassil: Crown of Azeroth without picking up the first quest you're offered at level 1 - The Balance of Nature.

EDIT: This has been a very successful experiment so far. We've got 106 toons in our guild as of this update.
Thread II here:
http://us.battle.net:80/wow/en/forum/topic/2301733700

<Peace Corps>

has about 60 people participating as of 3/31/11, with new people joining us every day.

And now we have a Horde version as well.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2325684167

So please read on, keeping in mind our bottom line is basic game mechanics of keeping our Kill Count at zero or as low as possible, which is why we allow fishing, wearing leather, or running the game naked. It doesn't matter so long as your stats goal is this:

Creatures Killed: --
Total Kills: --

This is about enjoying the game from an entirely new, challenging perspective.
Edited by Sereníty on 3/31/2011 4:01 PM PDT
85 Tauren Death Knight
An interesting way to try and level. Do you think you could bookmark this page and give us updates as you go along?
11 Night Elf Druid
02/25/2011 6:19 PMPosted by Maroosh
An interesting way to try and level. Do you think you could bookmark this page and give us updates as you go along?
Absolutely!

My journey so far:

Explored most of Teldrassil, and completed two quests: The Emerald Dreamcatcher (died like 5 times in the process) and Dolanaar Delivery.

Explored all of Elwynn Forest, and now I'm off to Dun Morogh. Rested experience is key. When I get to level 5 I'll head back to Teldrassil to see if there are more quests available that do not depend on the starter area.
Edited by Sereníty on 2/25/2011 6:38 PM PST
85 Tauren Death Knight
Either way, I'd say your pretty screwed until you can leave the starting area. You can't herb until like, lvl 5 or something right? I'd say you could do the first few quests and spend the rest of your leveling career 'Atoning' for it.
90 Human Death Knight
I would love to hear about the ups and downs about leveling like this. Please do keep us updated!
40 Human Mage
playing WoW without killing ?? you must be bored or something, its like buying a car and not driving it lol :O
11 Night Elf Druid
I actually updated - see above.

You can gather right away. Thankfully starter professions only cost 10 copper. I earned that with my first quest.
you dont work for the D.E.H.T.A now do you?
85 Draenei Paladin
you can also get experience via exploration
90 Blood Elf Mage
Thats awesome. I'd love to see how it goes!
85 Night Elf Druid
Good luck! I wonder if its even possible to reach 85 without killing one thing....
90 Tauren Druid
02/25/2011 7:01 PMPosted by Daliath
Good luck! I wonder if its even possible to reach 85 without killing one thing....

Yes it is. You can get exp from gathering professions like mining and herbing. As a druid character once the druid gets flight form then it'll be a lot faster to level with the herbing and mining exp bonus.

Still wish you luck getting to that point. The quest lines are pretty linear now so there's not much chance of picking up new ones that don't require killing things without having to do that.
11 Night Elf Druid
The Adventure Continues...

Levels 4 - 6

Dinged lvl 4 in Dun Morogh.

Quests:
  • Bound for Kharanos – bring casks to innkeeper in Kharanos

Ran around mining, herbing, and exploring. Headed back to Shadowglen when I dinged lvl 5.

Quests:
  • A Troubling Breeze – seek out Gaerolas in Starbreeze Village (only died once!)

• Gnarlpine Corruption – Go tell Athridas the Gnarlpine kicked my a$$.

• Reminders of Home – take Recipe Book to Sister Aquinne in Darnassus

• To Darnassus – flight to Darnassus

• An Unexpected Gift – Bring Sister Aquinne's Note to Leora, the hippogryph master in Darnassus.

• Return to Nyoma – Speak to Leora to hire a hippogryph to take you back to Dolanaar. Once you've arrived in Dolanaar, take Sister Aquinne's Note to Nyoma. (Thanks for the recipe book!)

• Shimmering Frond - Bring frond sample to Delanan

• The Sprouted Fronds - Pick the fronds Delanan planted.

I was going to do the quest - The Relics of Wakening - even though I hate that quest and knew it would take me forever considering I'd be getting killed every 5 steps, until I remembered that since 4.0, there is now an assistant you get once you enter the Barrow Dens who automatically attacks anything attacking you. So I abandoned, died, and resurrected at the graveyard.

I trained for cooking, but I have no idea why, or when I'll use it.

Shadowmeld is my most used talent.

Stats:
Total Deaths: 10
Quests completed: 15
Creatures killed: --
Largest hit dealt: 18 (I think this is from my assistant in the Barrow Dens before I abandoned the quest.)

The biggest question of the moment is - To fish, or not to fish?

I'm now a little over 50% through lvl 6, and I'm off to explore Azuremyst. I just hope once I hit level 9 I can pick up Hero's Call: Darkshore!
85 Undead Rogue
You are killing flowers! You fiend!
22 Night Elf Druid
You should embrace your feral side. Death is as much a part of nature as life.
85 Gnome Priest
Stormwind dailies will help.

Archaeology is good xp too.
11 Night Elf Druid
02/26/2011 12:59 PMPosted by Eilas
You should embrace your feral side. Death is as much a part of nature as life.

Been there, done that on many an alt. Trying something NEW.
I love your quest and I'm bookmarking this to follow your travels.

Archaeology is good. I say do fishing so you can use the fish to cook with and raise cooking and get exp as well. Except.. fishing is -killing- isn't it? Mmmmn..
11 Night Elf Druid
Stormwind dailies will help.

Archaeology is good xp too.

Yes, which is why I'm considering fishing.....

And definitely Archeology when I hit lvl 20.
11 Night Elf Druid
I love your quest and I'm bookmarking this to follow your travels.

Archaeology is good. I say do fishing so you can use the fish to cook with and raise cooking and get exp as well. Except.. fishing is -killing- isn't it? Mmmmn..

That's just it..... which is why I'm kind of torn. I think I will wait for now, and see if I can survive without fishing.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]