The Path of the Peaceful Druid

24 Night Elf Druid
Oh that's a great idea! I'd be happy to make a pacifist on a specific realm and start a guild. Anyone else interested? Any suggestions on which realm?
90 Night Elf Druid
Regarding making a <Peace Corp> guild..... do you think it would work? I mean, could the guild advance and level without killing anything?

I'm up for it if you guys want to come over.
85 Night Elf Druid
Not a pvp realm ;)

Oh and no, the guild wont advance, neither will your guild rep unless you do quests :(
Edited by Everbloom on 3/2/2011 3:08 PM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
Does the leveling bonus to being in a guild really make a huge difference? (That's really the only reason I got in one.)

I'm on a PvE realm, and would not do it on a PvP realm. I'm on Antonidas. I've got the gold to start one if you guys want to.

This is an awesome idea, I salute your originality.

Does crafting grant exp? Because that would be an awesome way to go about it as well.
24 Night Elf Druid
I'm okay with doing quests personally. As long as they are non-violent of course. If we were in a guild together, we could help each other out, which would be great. And I like the name "Peace Corp" :)
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm doing quests. Just the delivery and non-killing ones.

However, the quests available are getting fewer as I progress due to the linear questlines now.
85 Undead Priest
Do you kill demons? If not, maybe you can make that exception considering they are pretty much evil and unnatural. It may help you with more quests too
90 Human Warrior
I love your quest and I'm bookmarking this to follow your travels.

Archaeology is good. I say do fishing so you can use the fish to cook with and raise cooking and get exp as well. Except.. fishing is -killing- isn't it? Mmmmn..

:) think about it this way, you dont kill the fish, the air does :D
90 Night Elf Druid
Kerex - how cruel!!! ;)

Yeah, I'm not fishing. No demons either. In fact, I'm not even equipping a weapon.

Right now my stats have my largest hit as "5". I'm surprised I hit anything at all, and am wondering WTH it was.
24 Night Elf Druid
Don't forget about the quests from the Hero's Board. Darnassus, Exodar, Ironforge, and Stormwind all have different quests for your level at the same time. These are "go to quest zone and talk to quest guy." Pick them up every time you're in a major city.
24 Night Elf Druid
There's a quest in Duskwood where you have to beat up a worgen to save him. You have to get him down to 20% health in order to give him the innoculation that will let him become a good worgen. I talked about it with my husband, and we decided a pacifist would want to help. So I beat him up with my fishing rod and it took about 4 minutes until he turned green and I could innoculate him. I just kept healing myself. So pacifism can look different for everyone.

Would we want to have rules that everyone follows? Or each make our own rules? I'm okay with either one, just depends on what others want to do.

I'd say herbing, mining, exploration for sure.
Quests optional, but only delivery and non-violent quests.

What else?
24 Night Elf Druid
And, is fishing okay or not? I like the idea of catch and release (catch it but don't loot it), but I'm also using fishing to level cooking. I guess I don't have to cook anything though, it doesn't give xp, and neither does fishing except for the dailies.
90 Night Elf Druid
I think fishing is a personal decision. You don't get exp from fishing. (Catch and release is fish maiming in RL. It's akin to shark finning to me.) But this is a video game, and you can always fish debris pools, and fishing doesn't count as kills - right?

SO:

I'm up for starting <Peace Corp> or <The Peace Corp> or something similar that the game will allow, if you guys are in. But you have to come over, make a toon, and let me know.

You need to be semi-committed to trying this. I mean, we all have our mains, but don't be a ghost, and don't come over to kill stuff and harass other players.

Come find me - don't forget the accent "accute" over the i: í.

If you're on a Mac, hold Option down and type e, then let them go and type i.
If you're on a PC, hold down the ALT key down and type 0237 on the number pad.

Or come find me in-game. I'm usually on and off between 5:30 and midnight PST weeknights (depending on dinner and maybe TV), and whenever I can on weekends.
90 Night Elf Mage
Fishing...are you really going to want to do the dailies? Are you going to want to filet the fish to find the pendant (or whatever it is - I forget lol)
90 Night Elf Druid
If I know you guys are in - I'll go start the guild, and pay some lowbies to sign, then boot em like a bank guild.

LET ME KNOW.

Whose in?
90 Night Elf Druid
03/02/2011 3:32 PMPosted by Valtane
Fishing...are you really going to want to do the dailies? Are you going to want to filet the fish to find the pendant (or whatever it is - I forget lol)

This is why I'm only doing the cooking dailies, even though I have to catch those little crabs I know he's going to cook. :(
85 Blood Elf Warlock
While not as purist as you...I have a Belf holy priest who I have leveled while avoiding killing as much as possible...after getting access to Dungeons it got easier of course since I could just concentrate on healing team-mates rather than killing mobs directly.

Would be nice if healers got experience purely for healing and resurrecting....if there were more healer specific quest chains of course.
90 Night Elf Druid
ACK - so UPDATE -

• A Hero’s Call: Darkshore! - go to Darkshore! Wheeee!

Did a ton a exploring, and also did -

• The Last Wave of Survivors - Locate any refugees from Auberdine that are still alive.

Prowl is my BEST FRIEND. I did a TON of exploration and gathering, and EXPLORED DARKSHORE. woo! Also went and got two FPs in Ashenvale, and am now snoozing in Astranaar.

Am thinking of heading down to the Northern Barrens for more gathering and exploring.
Edited by Sereníty on 3/2/2011 3:52 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]