Extreme lag and DC's at night with Comcast

85 Night Elf Warrior
So guys i've using comcast for quite a while, but i the last few day at night(mostly around 10 pm EST) i get major lag and dcs for the whole night, is anyone using comcast having the same issue ? if not what can i do to fix this :( thanks in advanced
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
I had a Belkin router, thing constantly made me DC and run slow.

I upgraded to a NetGear and I have not had a disconnect yet, and the speed had increased a ton.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I'm on comcast and am experiencing some crazy lag right now too. 300ish is best. Spikes up to 1k and DCs. What area are you in?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Same issue. I have comcast cable. Its perfect during the day, but at night i am expiriencing terible lags, DC's and packet losses. I know that there are lots of comcast users with exactly same problem and there is no solution (hopefully) yet. I don't know what to do. Maybe switching to other provider is the best choise for all of us.

Just noticed that thread is dead (found it in google when i was looking for some info about this problem). Whatever.
Reply Quote
I am having the exact same issues. Mine start around 8-9CST and go on into the night getting worse. Ping Plotter shows a serious breakdown (for me anyways) out west in the AT&T backbone. IIRC something similar to this issue happened a couple years ago leading to a large repair on hardware at a AT&T data center. I hope they get this figured out.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]