Unholy PVE Guide (5.2)

85 Blood Elf Priest
That's my srs bean! Voted for sticky! <33
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
I expected this to be a misleading guide written by a scrub or a copy/paste job of Consider's EJ guide.

Imagine my surprise.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
Well written, a bit funny at times, almost completely accurate.
A lot is parroted from Consider, but trying not to parrot Consider would be like trying to avoid Plato when talking about philosophy.
Voting for this to be a sticky. Have you sent this to Tehax on EJ?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Well written, a bit funny at times, almost completely accurate.
A lot is parroted from Consider, but trying not to parrot Consider would be like trying to avoid Plato when talking about philosophy.
Voting for this to be a sticky. Have you sent this to Tehax on EJ?

Thank you very much! I hope I have given proper credit to him as it is abundantly due.

I have not sent it to Tehax yet. If you catch any inaccuracies or phrases to clarify, I would welcome the opportunity to make corrections.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
I expected this to be a misleading guide written by a scrub or a copy/paste job of Consider's EJ guide.

Imagine my surprise.

Same here but I was pleasantly surprised. Voted for sticky.

But?

Pleasantly surprised was what I was implying.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Accurate information, written in a witty and approachable format. The elitists have little to scold over, and the noobs can understand and digest it without being crushed by math they don't (but should) care about. Looking forward to your Frost write-up.

Shameless bump for an awesome guide.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
I'm in favour of anything that allows me to continue slacking off.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
You would.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Excellent guide! Only error I saw was in the discussion of Anti-Magic Zone, where you state:

03/01/2011 1:07 PMPosted by Heartless
AMZ has a 45 second cooldown
Reply Quote
Good catch! My wishing it was 45 seconds will not make it change (haha)...so I have made that needed correction. Thanks again.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight

Single Target Priority

Diseases > Dark Transformation > Death and Decay/Scourge Strike
> Festering Strike > Death Coil (Sudden Doom)
> Death and Decay/Scourge Strike/Festering Strike > Horn of Winter

Just looks a little ambiguous here, but I think the important distinction here is wanting to keep at least one of every rune type on cooldown at all times so as to not waste rune regen time. As well as making sure to not RP cap for deathcoils.

I'm not one for elegant wording or making it look pretty, but perhaps something like
Diseases > Dark Transformation > Death and Decay/Scourge strike (UU) > Festering Strike (BB FF) > Death Coil (Sudden Doom or RP cap) > Death and Decay/Scourge Strike > Festering Strike > Death coil > Horn of winter

I know its a small difference, but it can really add up over the fight
Reply Quote
Sure thing. A little added clarification is easy enough to do and would probably help the newer folks understand more of 'when & why'. I'll do this for both the Single and AoE scenarios.

Looking back too, my lists appeared a little muddled visually so hopefully this new edit is more appropriate.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
this is great thanks for posting this guide!
Reply Quote
My pleasure.

If anyone has additional recommendations for DK or 'must have' addons, feel free to share. My recent search experience (for the list here) has been that a few of the classic rune mods have gone without updates for some time.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
Really good guide. I'm new to the class, and have a long ways to go but between this and the EJ thread I'm getting there. Cheers!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
Doc's Debug Runes mod is best rune mod.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Moar bumpz.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
In the areas of rune mods, I'd suggest suggesting Doc's Debug Runes and/or Acherus as well, because the in-game rune display is so completely horrid that finding a rune display that works for you is so incredibly important. I wouldn't really describe them, but I'd at least mention them as alternate possibilities.

I also think it could stand to go over the proper use of AMS a bit more. Timing it so that you dump all your RP before AMSing through a Blackout on Valiona, etc.
Edited by Glacierthief on 3/3/2011 2:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
Wow, nice job! :D /cheer
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]