Unholy PVE Guide (5.2)

85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Excellent. I found a download for Doc's Debug Runes over at Curse and have added it to the list since you both have had a positive experience with it. Do you find that Acherus still works? I've heard of it before but neglected to download and test it since the change log indicated it was 2 years since its last update.

Sure, I could cite Valiona's Blackout and also a 5 man dungeon scenario (for the non-raiders) to give an example of how to maximize the benefits of AMS. In that way, it'd be a real model for people to learn and apply to a number of fights. Thanks for the suggestion! I'll make that update later this evening.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
Proper AMS usage is one of the fun parts about being a DK in general. Seeing as Unholy actually gets a DPS increasing from using it, I think being as thorough as you can with it is probably a good idea.

As for Doc's, it tracks runes, RP, procs (Sudden Doom for UH), Runic Corruption, Shadow Infusion stacks, Dark Transformation duration, and diseases. It's visually unobtrusive and you can turn each individual component on or off. It's the best Rune mod I've ever used. I'd recommend you give it a whirl for a day just to see what it offers.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Death Knight
I mentioned Acherus because I still use it myself. Embarrassingly, I'm actually not sure how it tracks diseases and such because I handle procs and disease tracking with Power Auras and have for years. Speaking of, Power Auras is another completely and totally awesome mod that may be worth mentioning. I have a big bright warning for things like "In a raid/party, targeting an enemy, enemy does not have diseases" and "WRONG PRESENCE, IDIOT".

I don't personally like Doc's, but I've played around with it and it's very well made and works very well; it's just that I've been using Acherus since I made my death knight and don't see a reason to go to a different style of rune display when it still works for me.
Reply Quote
Just posted a few new paragraphs dedicated to Anti-Magic Shell. Hopefully that adds some more depth to that section of the guide.

Nijeak, I raided tonight with Doc's Debug Runes and was impressed. Very simple and I like the toggles for the various trackers. It'll definitely stay in my UI configuration from now on.

I also added links to Acherus and Power Auras under the mods too from your recommendations Glacier. That should give people some more options to play with.
Reply Quote
Added 'Ask Mr. Robot' to the Reforging sub heading and Resources section.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
<3 useing AMS in fires/poisions/bad ground things. Ya always hear in vent "insert name here" GTFO of the "insert deadly ground spell here." Goood times for my raid nights before they relized theres a method to Unholy DK madness. >BUMP< Great Guide =D
Edited by Sacredsoul on 3/4/2011 7:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
OP: I'm in luv, have my babies!

In otherwords: Thank you so much!!
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight
/bump

Well done!!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Best put together guide I've seen on any forum. Kudos and thank you!
Reply Quote
Thank you very much! I really appreciate the kind and helpful feedback.

Sacredsoul I *almost* put that into the tips in the AMS section. I do the same thing if I know it's not a lot of damage. Hot footing into a little fire for AMS soaked RP can be a kind of daring little perk. In the end, I decided to leave it outside the main material in case someone abused it during a raid and got themselves BBQ'd ;D. I wouldn't want there to be a little flaming paper bag on the stoop of Acherus the next day from some disgruntled guild master haha. It's definitely a good trick if used with discretion!
Edited by Heartless on 3/4/2011 10:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Bump - why has this not been stickied yet
Reply Quote
Thank you very much! I really appreciate the kind and helpful feedback.

Sacredsoul I *almost* put that into the tips in the AMS section. I do the same thing if I know it's not a lot of damage. Hot footing into a little fire for AMS soaked RP can be a kind of daring little perk. In the end, I decided to leave it outside the main material in case someone abused it during a raid and got themselves BBQ'd ;D. I wouldn't want there to be a little flaming paper bag on the stoop of Acherus the next day from some disgruntled guild master haha. It's definitely a good trick if used with discretion!

Lol, I will say that I've learned my lesson on jumping into flames, staying in aoe and trying to absorb damage my AMS can't handle (Asaad in Vortex Pennicle anyone?)
Well i vote to add it, when used correctly it can be a huge dps boost and just add to use with descretion. I meet a lot of DKs that hadn't even thought of doing that and with runic corruption stacking, theres no waste of the buff when machinegunning DCs. If ya chose to add it or not, doesn't change that ya have a great guide. =D
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Elitist Jerks DK poster resigned! please go on their site and fill that position! :)
Reply Quote
^this
Reply Quote
Fixed the link to Kahorie's DK Simulator. It now points to the actual Silverlight rather than its discussion on the forums.
Reply Quote
I agree with almost anything except for your write off of Scarlet Fever. Although the Debuff is something other tanks will be doing, it also counts as a disease. Because of the nature of Scourge Strike, that means you do an additional 18% of your strike as shadow, added on to the bonus from BP, FF, and EP.

Considering how much damage Scourge Strike does, thats a nice little buff.
Reply Quote
Hi Korlokt,

If I am mistaken I apologize; it would definitely be amazing. I have read in a few places, however, that while Scarlet Fever's application had changed to be more convenient in 4.0.6, it still did not count as a true disease.

Wow Forums
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2179669959

MMO-Champion
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/829824-Is-Scarlet-fever-a-disease

Wow Insider (from 4.0.1)
http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/10/26/lichborne-patch-4-0-1-death-knight-mailbag/

If there are tooltips, notes, or Blue goodness to the contrary, I'd certainly be happy to revise the content! Thanks for raising a good topic.
Reply Quote
Greatly appreciated.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]