Stop complaining about ZA and ZG

85 Human Paladin
Seriously, this forums are full of people complaining about ZA and ZG coming back. I don't know how many of you actually feel that way or are just bandwaggoning on the "hate on blizz" train, but it's really annoying.

Facts:
ZA and ZG will have similar maps to the old instances

Deadmines and Shadowfang Keep were brought to 85 and were completely different. Completely. Different. Completely. Different.

It is new content in the end. Also, we're getting another water themed instance, so 4.1 is bringing 3 new instances. If you try to "run it" like the "thousands of times" you've run it before, you'll get rolled. Why? Because it is completely different.

The only thing being recycled is the theme of trolls and I'm honestly happy to get something out of place. The whole surreal and relatively elemental instances were getting boring. Even if it's been run before.
72 Draenei Paladin
Meh. I just go with it.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
In my opinion, supporting Blizzard's idea that it's okay to recycle content isn't okay. Slapping mechanic changes onto bosses isn't that impressive and it makes it seem like they're running out of manpower to create -new- dungeons.

New dungeons implies a map I haven't seen, new bosses with lore I haven't read, and new models that aren't re-makes of previous bosses. I suppose how to effectively demonstrate my concerns is like this: Recycling ZG/ZA seems a lot like playing Pokemon Yellow. Some things are changed, and it's entertaining for a while but it sure does get old and stale when you realized you've played Red and Blue through already and that Yellow is much of the same. You then look at the newer versions and go, "Why did they even bother with Yellow when they could have just made a new product from the start?"

A childish and probably immature example but it's the best way I can explain it.
Community Manager
There's a lot of new content in Cataclysm. There's also a plethora of updated content to advance the story.

Likewise, there's plenty of new content still to come in this expansion. But, we're also going to keep moving existing themes forward when the story calls for it. There were specific reasons for originally entering Zul'Gurub and Zul'Aman, but those reasons by no means wrap up the story of the ancient troll empire. These city ruins still serve a major purpose in troll lore, beyond just providing new locations to gain loot.

We're moving the story of the troll nations forward, and hope you recognize and enjoy that. Hakkar and Zul'jin are gone now. Even so, that doesn't make Zul'Gurub and Zul'Aman irrelevant as key locations of Azeroth.
90 Orc Hunter
Why do you have to remove the old raids to add the new content though? Curse of the Black Pearl wasn't pulled from the shelves at Best Buy when Deadman's Chest came out.
Edited by Cozzene on 3/1/2011 1:36 PM PST
85 Orc Warrior
03/01/2011 1:36 PMPosted by Legend
LOL Zarhym your remaking old content thats not going foward.

You're.
85 Tauren Paladin
People think that same maps = same enccounters.

Stupidity at its finest.
1 Human Warrior
First off the random troll instances make no sense for this patch or even this expansion.

Quite honestly i do not understand why they did not just retrofit UBRS, LBRS and BRD they are all near new content and could be easily explained away as being over run by the current bad ass group occupying them.

But two random troll instances WTF?
85 Worgen Druid
Onyxia says, "rehashed content is the dumb!"

Kelthazud totally agrees.
90 Orc Warrior
03/01/2011 1:34 PMPosted by Zarhym
There's a lot of new content in Cataclysm. There's also a plethora of updated content to advance the story.

I don't mind ZA/ZG coming back, they were a couple of my favorite raids. But I was disappointed in how much 5 man content Cataclysm had. Trying to gear up for heroics, you basically farm the same 3 instances over and over again, or just go buy PvP gear to boost your item level.

Updated content is fine, but even with SKF/DM, we've got 9 heroics, compared to 12 at the launch of WotLK, and 14 for TBC. With the way heroic grinding is these days, it's not enough.
78 Goblin Rogue
Jefe, what is a plethora?
90 Night Elf Druid
03/01/2011 1:36 PMPosted by Legend
LOL Zarhym your remaking old content thats not going foward.

Moving the story forward so you get to reuse stuff is a rather convenient way to do things, at least in my opinion.

I doubt it was ever "I just thought of an awesome story arc involving trolls! I guess we'll have to reuse some troll instances!" over "I bet we could reuse something, maybe trolls, someone come up with a quick lore explanation!".
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]