Stop complaining about ZA and ZG

Did we ever get a response on this idiot getting burned?

I've never seen Blue Jujitsu this ruthless in all my years post. Amazing work, Mr. Z.

Zar is quickly becoming my favorite CM. :)

Heck yea, no nonsense, to the point! Zar you rock Man!
100 Night Elf Druid
There's a lot of new content in Cataclysm. There's also a plethora of updated content to advance the story.

Likewise, there's plenty of new content still to come in this expansion. But, we're also going to keep moving existing themes forward when the story calls for it. There were specific reasons for originally entering Zul'Gurub and Zul'Aman, but those reasons by no means wrap up the story of the ancient troll empire. These city ruins still serve a major purpose in troll lore, beyond just providing new locations to gain loot.

We're moving the story of the troll nations forward, and hope you recognize and enjoy that. Hakkar and Zul'jin are gone now. Even so, that doesn't make Zul'Gurub and Zul'Aman irrelevant as key locations of Azeroth.

Using the central location and updating Lore through revamping the content is a clever trick and nicely done. Is there hope that Scarlet Monastery, Stratt and Scholo may get similar treatment?

The reality is, that just because you kill an infestation, it doesn't mean that the location becomes pristine. It's a logical aspect of story progression that dark things tend to reinfest dark places.

Look at LOTR (the book, stop panicking) - in Fellowship, we are told that Sauron was driven out of Mordor, held up south of Mirkwood, was driven out by the White Council and, well, lookee here, Sauron skulked right back into Mordor. So there you have the motif in the very first modern Fantasy novel - reuse of location.

Does it really matter if the scenery is the same if the boss encounters are different? ZG is so lush, it's a shame NOT to reuse the location. However, given the size and scope, I would almost like to see it be 2 5-man instances. So many nooks and crannies to hold the melted bosses... >.>
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Deadmines and Karazhan were clearly lame rehashes of Warcraft I missions with flimsy "lore" updates to justify using the same location twice in one universe. I don't know why people are shocked that it's happening again.

Oh sure, replace Griselda with an angry construction worker wearing a red mask. Don't think we can't see what you're up to.
100 Human Paladin
03/01/2011 3:33 PMPosted by Lowangel
Hate to say this, but the Blue is trolling... I don't care for arguing with players, it's bad form. I'm all for revising old content, I would love to see Kara updated. However I agree with this being a major content patch, this isn't passable, there nothing really coming. Blizz has the pattern recently of being lazy, and not reinvesting enough into development. In the longer run, it's going to hurt subscriptions, players will go else where.

Really? Cause a lot of people seem to enjoy blowhards being called on their nonsense by Blues. Just because you're a paying customer doesn't mean they have to agree with posters' preposterous blabber.
85 Human Priest
Is there no new raid? What happened to Firelands?
90 Pandaren Rogue
03/01/2011 2:38 PMPosted by Zarhym
Great point. Your evidence that there was a sudden exodus from the WoW development team comes from knowing for a fact that one developer moved off the WoW team over two years ago. :)

Two years ago I think is about the time the downhill trend started..... so......
82 Tauren Shaman
There's a lot of new tears in Cataclysm

fixed, because really that's what happens.

and

03/01/2011 1:44 PMPosted by Zarhym
LOL Zarhym your remaking old content thats not going foward.

"Remaking old content" is a virtually meaningless statement. And I just told you there's a distinct reason for players to go back... it's moving the story forward.

You're the one who started a thread asking for Burning Crusade-only servers. That's more precisely not going forward. :)

ELECTROCUTED!

how did no one else except one person notice this? It was pretty satisfying
85 Troll Shaman

We're moving the story of the troll nations forward... and trolls are awesome.

well said
Edited by Sixgun on 3/1/2011 4:26 PM PST
85 Troll Priest
03/01/2011 3:05 PMPosted by Mavros
Just wanted to say Zarhym, you have my respect for your honest and blunt responses.

I second the motion.

Third'd.

Thumbs up, Z!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]