Stop complaining about ZA and ZG

90 Gnome Priest
I think we shall see Gnomer retaken, but it will take awhile. Blizzard works like the government, eventually they will get around to it.

Not saying they don't work hard though.

If only the government was so kind to tax me only $15 dollars a month and 50 every few years. it will be cool to know a bit more troll lore since that is obscure in the game.

I am sure a post is out there about gnomer, but I think we should organize a Gnome Union Strike and stop working on the Alliance stuff like their tram systems, battle equipment. Then maybe they will treat us a little better...I am off to start a strike forum.

And for the record I know there are Unions in WoW. Look at the darn Dwarves building SW. They are still working on the towers and it looks the same, been that way since Deathwing came along.

And we need a Gnome statue sitting with the other statues in Stormwinds main entrance. You have a Dwarf, Human and Night Elf but no gnomes. Now to go rant some more on another forum.
85 Worgen Rogue
03/01/2011 4:48 PMPosted by Xyanya
Now look who's being evasive.

I don't see that as evasive. It is true. MMOs are constantly evolving. Sure, that isn't for everyone and that is okay, but that is just the way they are.

Altering a certain piece of content from a world(TBC) that has still been unaffected by the cataclysm sure is a backwards way of "Evolving".

I'd honestly just call it being lazy, as the idea of simply revamping old content instead of making new, original content to sink our teeth into is lazy in itself.
82 Tauren Shaman

I don't see that as evasive. It is true. MMOs are constantly evolving. Sure, that isn't for everyone and that is okay, but that is just the way they are.

Attempting to disprove an argument with irrelevant information is being evasive.

ok, I'll stop with this.

That argument was just stupid. And now I'll stop being nice.

All I was seeing was:

QQ I can't do level 60 X raid/instance that a VERY VERY VERY small minority of players liked to do with exp off/level capped at 60/70. And I don't really know how to respond to that "argument".

Suck it up. game changes. Deal with it.

Altering a certain piece of content from a world(TBC) that has still been unaffected by the cataclysm sure is a backwards way of "Evolving".

They didn't have time to affect TBC/Northrend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCcEQAP7tns

at the beginning of the video it starts. Really starts at about 0:21 though.
I don't know why a Blue hasn't posted something like what's said in the video. Would clear up some confusion.
Edited by Ruusan on 3/1/2011 5:06 PM PST
100 Worgen Druid
Personally I'm happy with old instances being reworked, seriously for me it's really better this way, I hate that after so many years, the fall of the LK , the opening of the Dark portal, etc.. we are still runing the same old razorfern kraul to defeat a lich, doesn't make any sense, while changing the story , the bosses , etc.. is great! I'm actually lookin forward the new troll instances to kill more stupid trolls.
58 Draenei Death Knight
There's a lot of new content in Cataclysm. There's also a plethora of updated content to advance the story.

Likewise, there's plenty of new content still to come in this expansion. But, we're also going to keep moving existing themes forward when the story calls for it. There were specific reasons for originally entering Zul'Gurub and Zul'Aman, but those reasons by no means wrap up the story of the ancient troll empire. These city ruins still serve a major purpose in troll lore, beyond just providing new locations to gain loot.

We're moving the story of the troll nations forward, and hope you recognize and enjoy that. Hakkar and Zul'jin are gone now. Even so, that doesn't make Zul'Gurub and Zul'Aman irrelevant as key locations of Azeroth.

I feel like the OP and Zar kinda miss the point, the issue isn't that ZG or ZA are being re-done which isn't a totally horrible idea, but this xpac was supposed to be about Deathwing, and so far it feels lacking in that area.

In WotLK 7 instances at launch featured the Lich King heavily either with a short scene, reference or a quest that ended there with 4 added later on. Not to mention the entire Icecrown zone where you were reminded and direct contact with the Lich King.

Cata feels like it's lacking in that aspect, Deathwing is supposed to be this terrible force but his presence doesn't feel as ominous as Lich Kings did, sure you can maybe get run down by Deathwing if you're in the right place at the right time, but it's so infrequent.

When I read the posts complaining about ZA and ZG it's that people want to focus on this new threat (Deathwing) and learn more about that.

If the 4.1 had been 2 totally new runs and ZG, and 4.2 been 2 new runs and ZA I think there would have been less complaints.
85 Human Paladin
03/01/2011 1:40 PMPosted by Taugosz
There's a lot of new content in Cataclysm. There's also a plethora of updated content to advance the story.

I don't mind ZA/ZG coming back, they were a couple of my favorite raids. But I was disappointed in how much 5 man content Cataclysm had. Trying to gear up for heroics, you basically farm the same 3 instances over and over again, or just go buy PvP gear to boost your item level.

Updated content is fine, but even with SKF/DM, we've got 9 heroics, compared to 12 at the launch of WotLK, and 14 for TBC. With the way heroic grinding is these days, it's not enough.

They're adding a new tier to 5 man progression.

Reg --> Heroic -->the new super heroics.

Also, the WOTLK heroic dropped less loot than our heroics do now. Hell, HOO is like handing out loot with so many bosses. You're not taking into consideration how many more pieces the instances drop (3-4 being the avg of wotlk instances). Furthermore, there are many, many different options for gear. I never had to farm 3 instances to get my gear. I thought cata was great at dispersing loot and interchangeable pieces of loot throughout many instances. Key piece that comes to mind: Grim Batol healer cape, Throne of tides healer cape, rep cape, SFK healer cape etc. For ONE piece of loot.
85 Worgen Druid
03/01/2011 2:38 PMPosted by Zarhym
Srsly? Jefferey kaplan moved to Titan and he was a GOOD developer

Great point. Your evidence that there was a sudden exodus from the WoW development team comes from knowing for a fact that one developer moved off the WoW team over two years ago. :)

Believe it's been mentioned that Alex Afrasiabi has been moved recently too.
35 Troll Priest
03/01/2011 4:36 PMPosted by Hemophobia
Zharym made fun of someone for making a legitimate suggestion in a completely different thread in order to invalidate his argument. Totally not being evasive. Right?

Retro servers are on the very short list of never gonna happen and the OP almost certainly knows the reasons why it simply isn't possible. I wouldn't exactly call that a "legitimate suggestion."
100 Human Mage
Hmm...I can see both sides of this argument.

On one hand, I love the idea of ZG and ZA coming back with new bosses and a new story. They were wonderful instances and I'm sure Blizz will do a fine job of making them into wonderful level 85 5-man Heroic dungeons.

On the other hand, I also share the concerns of many that excessive developer time is being spent on revamping old content and not enough on creating new content and fixing the *many* class balance issues (both pvp and pve) that still exist in the game.

I would have preferred to see more new Heroic dungeons at the start of Cataclysm. Nine was simply not enough.

Also, whilst I don't think Deathwing should as ominous and constantly in our faces as the Lich King was, I would like to see more involvement in general from him and the Black Dragonflight.

Examining the new Cata dungeons, Grim Batol is really the only one you feel a link to Deathwing with.

*Vortex Pinnacle - Al'akir
*Deadmines - Vanessa Van Cleef (continuing the Defias story following Edwin Van Cleef's death)
*Lost City - Link to Al'akir through Siamat (final boss) and continuing Uldum storyline
*HoO - Titan/Uldum storyline
*Throne of the Tides - Battle between Queen Azshara's naga trying to invade the realm of Neptulon
*Blackrock Caverns - Twilight Cult
*Stonecore - Twilight Hammer

At no time in these instances do you feel the presence of Deathwing or the Black Dragonflight to anywhere near the extent we felt the presence of the Lich King and the Scourge in the WotLK dungeons.

I hope we start seeing more direct links to Deathwing in future raids/dungeons.
100 Blood Elf Mage
03/01/2011 1:44 PMPosted by Zarhym
LOL Zarhym your remaking old content thats not going foward.

"Remaking old content" is a virtually meaningless statement. And I just told you there's a distinct reason for players to go back... it's moving the story forward.

You're the one who started a thread asking for Burning Crusade-only servers. That's more precisely not going forward. :)

Though I would very, very much like to see orphaned content restored (e.g. the missing cooking recipes).
44 Draenei Shaman
03/01/2011 2:15 PMPosted by Georgina
I remember the only Shaman class review thing

You mean, it was the only shaman class review because Blizz moved to a different model for gathering class and player feedback? They realized the method they had chosen had flaws, deep flaws, and changed?

I just dont think Blizzard can take criticism

Yes, this certainly smacks of a company that can't take criticism and hates change.

Way to ignore the rest of my post. Blizzard fan boys,gotta love em.
80 Human Warrior
03/01/2011 2:38 PMPosted by Zarhym
t there was a sudden exodus from the WoW development team comes from knowing for a fact that one developer moved off the WoW team over two years ag

WoW's direction was great when Tigole was around. Effort from players were actually rewarded. He made great choices and WoW saw a huge jump in the number of subscribers.

I got fed up with WoW's new direction and quit after giving the current devs over a year to prove themselves.

Go on and check my account. I unsubscribed from WoW for 6-7 months and I'm only back now because because I received a free 7 days game time from Blizz. Seeing how rewards are still being handed out to undeserving players, I doubt I would resub though.
44 Draenei Shaman

Yeah i think he is being kind of mean right now lol.

Yeah i think he is being kind of mean right now lol.

So when a blue responds with common sense and logic they are being mean? No. You just don't like that you aren't getting your way. Stop acting like a whiny entitled child and you might get blues to talk to you like a grown up.

Stop acting like a whiny entitled child? I'm pretty sure the under 20-22ish "grew up stealing everything on the net" will never be able to do that.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]