Stop complaining about ZA and ZG

85 Tauren Paladin
Few things:

Cat was rushed, I don't see how that can be argued, by most games standards it's still great, but it's sub par when it comes to what I have come to expect from them, and what they expect of themselves.

It wasn't rushed, they used a same map, but with complete different mechanics, storylines, and even themes. And that, is more than what maps can offer, they're only a standing ground, what happens on it matters more.

Cataclysm is the biggest expansion from what I have seen. I have fond memories of Burning Crusade, but this one nails it, and surprised me a whole lot.

And I feel sorry if some jump to conclusions so fast, in such ignorance.
85 Tauren Shaman
03/01/2011 1:40 PMPosted by Taugosz
There's a lot of new content in Cataclysm. There's also a plethora of updated content to advance the story.

OH YEAH, PLETHORA YEAH!
81 Human Death Knight
03/01/2011 1:47 PMPosted by Legend

"Remaking old content" is a virtually meaningless statement. And I just told you there's a distinct reason for players to go back... it's moving the story forward.

You're the one who started a thread asking for Burning Crusade-only servers. That's more precisely not going forward. :)

Exactly i would rather do the content at 70 then remake it and do it at 85...

You don't know when you've lost, do you?
85 Tauren Paladin

Only 9 heroics at the launch of WOTLK, and no, do NOT calculate those in ICC.

Nope, count again. There were 12 5 mans at release of Wrath

I forgot to count two of them, for some reason I couldn't find my post to edit it....

Edit: HA! three
Edited by Faonu on 3/1/2011 2:01 PM PST
Community Manager
03/01/2011 1:50 PMPosted by Legend

he said troll lore.... what part of that didn't you get.

How is lore going forward by revisiting a raid you already destroyed lol. This story must be beyond epic!

Revisiting a raid you destroyed? I don't think you know why you were originally called to enter Zul'Gurub or Zul'Aman. I don't think you know much of anything about the Zandalari or their past.

But not to worry! You'll have plenty additional lore about the Zandalari, Gurubashi, and Amani tribes to ignore in 4.1. :p
44 Draenei Shaman

I pay 60 for their expansions and monthly fees,I can complain if I want to.

It took them TWO years to get this expansion out and most of it was reused stuff,now the first patch is out and its reused stuff.

Give me a break.

btw,in before: "THEYZ ADDED FIVE NEW ZONES AND RAIDS!!!!ONE"

Wow? Really? Man doing that stuff must be extremely hard for them after seven years.

**I wont even go into the fact that they shortchanged the new alliance race on lore,AGAIN.

<---- Yes Blizz,my race still excists. Thanks for not giving into 500 pound,mouth breathing,neck beards and ignoring us.

Then do it constructively. You are a shining example of why these forums are absolute crap and why this thread was made.

I did my nice threads in the WotLK beta forums,never answered and if you can tell by Draenei lore status it was very much ignored.

Hell, male Dreanei still have that mustache bug from who knows how far back. PSSTTT

Whatever. You would think they would take better care of the one race unique to their MMO.

Edited by Anabawan on 3/1/2011 2:03 PM PST
90 Dwarf Warrior

Only 9 heroics at the launch of WOTLK, and no, do NOT calculate those in ICC.

Nexus
Oculus
Azjol'Nerub
Ahn'kahet
Utgarde Keep
Utgarde Pinnacle
Drak'tharon Keep
Gundrak
Halls of Stone
Halls of Lightning
Violet Hold

That's 11. You're both wrong.

At any rate, instances in Cata tend to be longer, which evens it out.
Edited by Quard on 3/1/2011 2:03 PM PST
90 Tauren Druid
One thing though, can you please split these zones? four bosses seems optimal to me for a five man heroic, five if you really have to. But any more and what happens is people skip them, or just drop when they get that zone from random lfg.

I'd rather do all the bosses and not have a five man go beyond 45 mins or so.
85 Tauren Paladin

Nexus
Oculus
Azjol'Nerub
Ahn'kahet
Utgarde Keep
Utgarde Pinnacle
Drak'tharon Keep
Gundrak
Halls of Stone
Halls of Lightning
Violet Hold

You forgot stratholm buddy.
85 Night Elf Rogue
RAR
03/01/2011 1:39 PMPosted by Legend
Yeah they should just remake ZA every year with new bosses.

People are so dense. And unintelligent. It blows my mind.

It's new. It's advancing a story. You think after we were there those places just stayed the same forever and ever?

It's like all these children are too scared for something "they have fond memories of" to change.

That, or they think that their 15 dollars means everything has to be exactly how they want it to be, and if you re-use something... Well, your just NOT WORKING HARD ENOUGH FOR ME! They demand what they want, when they want it, and that, apparently is now.

Or, they just want to find anything to %%*@# about.

Remember, the average IQ is 80-90. Retardation is considered 60. Millions play WOW. Hmmm...
90 Dwarf Warrior

Nexus
Oculus
Azjol'Nerub
Ahn'kahet
Utgarde Keep
Utgarde Pinnacle
Drak'tharon Keep
Gundrak
Halls of Stone
Halls of Lightning
Violet Hold

You forgot stratholm buddy.

I did and you're right, I was thinkin by geography. Dammit!

Zaryhym not for nothing, but what is being done in ZG and ZA, is nothing more than what Hollywood did with "Death at a Funeral" (2007) and "Death at a Funeral" (2010), or what TV has done with "The Office" UK version and "The Office" US version. Reskinning something and claiming to "move the story forward" without any real story, short of buying a book, is not what we have come to expect from Blizzard and the Warcraft franchise, so either you folks are resting on your laurels or you are recycling. Which is it?

There is no shame in admitting the "idea well" has run dry. Hollywood gave in to that notion decades ago, and yet people still buy tickets.
90 Gnome Warrior
03/01/2011 1:45 PMPosted by Irokain

Moving the story forward so you get to reuse stuff is a rather convenient way to do things, at least in my opinion.

I doubt it was ever "I just thought of an awesome story arc involving trolls! I guess we'll have to reuse some troll instances!" over "I bet we could reuse something, maybe trolls, someone come up with a quick lore explanation!".

So we should just make entire continents of content only to abandon it and its lore never to be used again over and over and over? This makes more sense to you? I doubt anything Blizzard says is ever going to appease you people with the kind of mentality you have.

You do realize a lot of Outland is still missing, involving before&after the opening of the dark portal? I'm sure I read that somewhere in the lore
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]