Stop complaining about ZA and ZG

80 Orc Shaman

Srsly? Jefferey kaplan moved to Titan and he was a GOOD developer.....now u really need to watch who u call stupid because some poeple take offense to that, you really need to re-read ur actions and address in more nicer i dont take crap from anyone and i will not sit here and be told im stupid and spewing nonsense from anyone, even if its a blue poster, i dontlet anyone disrespect me like that..EVER

He was calling the argument stupid, if you felt stupid from reading the answer..well..maybe you are. if your not happy of the game, stop playing (and paying) and clear the forum.

If only people would stop trolling, i can completly understand the frustration of the community manager when some many people just go out of their way to insult their work or the work of their collegue.

What can that guy expect? With comments like "lolumad" to Zarhym? Stupid would fit this guy perfect in my book.
85 Troll Druid
03/01/2011 2:28 PMPosted by Skurd
We're moving the story of the troll nations forward, and hope you recognize and enjoy that. Hakkar and Zul'jin are gone now. Even so, that doesn't make Zul'Gurub and Zul'Aman irrelevant as key locations of Azeroth.

This is a good point worth considering. Someone has to take over those areas, and it doesn't mean Blizzard is going to re-hash the same bosses or just update them for level 85. I think, to be fair, we should see these new places before drawing premature conclusions. Besides, they are both beautiful areas; I don't mind seeing them again. At least I know I won't get lost :)

People seem to forget that the "reused" instances in cata are completely different than their original content. Judging by the patch notes I'd assume the same about ZA and ZG. The problem is that the people ranting about this don't care if it is new or not, most of them are burned out but don't have the decency to take a break. Instead they pay 15 bucks a month to be miserable and do their damndest to make other people miserable too.
85 Goblin Rogue
03/01/2011 2:39 PMPosted by Legend

Great point. Your evidence that there was a sudden exodus from the WoW development team comes from knowing for a fact that one developer moved off the WoW team over two years ago. :)

Zarhym just because you put a :) doesnt make bashing people ok thanks :)

This is the entirety of the argument that "WoW Developers are GONE." It has been proven false, because Kaplan is ONE guy.

Honestly, the sheer glee and excitement going through my friends list and guild with the announcement of a new ZA/ZG clearly shows me WoW players will complain about everything, if it isn't specifically what they want.
10 Tauren Paladin
What are you complaining about? That we're actually going back to the old world which, by the way, has experienced a 'cataclysm', or are you complaining that we're getting new content with updated old world content as well?

Meh, I don't really have a problem with the idea of redoing ZA and ZG. It's just not the content patch that the game needs right now. I'd much rather see some effort being put into shoring up the current endgame and making it more attractive to a wide variety of players instead of two new heroic-only instances and possibly a raid.
85 Human Priest
Does this mean there will be new bosses in ZA and ZG?

Since both hakkar and zuljin are dead?
85 Human Death Knight

How is lore going forward by revisiting a raid you already destroyed lol. This story must be beyond epic!

Revisiting a raid you destroyed? I don't think you know why you were originally called to enter Zul'Gurub or Zul'Aman. I don't think you know much of anything about the Zandalari or their past.

But not to worry! You'll have plenty additional lore about the Zandalari, Gurubashi, and Amani tribes to ignore in 4.1. :p

Z, I think this may be a pretty significant PR debacle. Revisiting old content may be prudent and called for in the story, but i think it was a botched job having all the content that has been announced thus far be revised content. The stuff could be totally awesome, but from the patch notes it is hard to tell.

My recommendation is from here on out, if you are going to release revised content, pair it with new content or hold off on announcing it. It also would be less jarring if we had lore during WotLK that showed these guys were still active somehow (If there was i missed it, sorreh). It feels like this content was pulled outta nowhere. Welp, there is my two cents.
03/01/2011 2:38 PMPosted by Zarhym
Srsly? Jefferey kaplan moved to Titan and he was a GOOD developer

Great point. Your evidence that there was a sudden exodus from the WoW development team comes from knowing for a fact that one developer moved off the WoW team over two years ago. :)

I'm now in love with you. Want to take a stroll down along the Stormwind Harbor?
10 Tauren Paladin
03/01/2011 2:42 PMPosted by Roark
This is the entirety of the argument that "WoW Developers are GONE." It has been proven false, because Kaplan is ONE guy.

I like the WoW development team. I've loved a lot of their work in the past.
I have issues with the current development of Cataclysm.
It's hard to reconcile that the same developers that made the game I loved also made the content that I'm complaining about on the forums.
I'm not saying it's right, but I completely understand how someone could reconcile that dissonance with "the old developers must have left and now our current developers aren't as good." There's no evidence for it and it's not true, but it's a reflection of the way some people feel about the game more than it is factual truth.
90 Night Elf Druid

Zarhym just because you put a :) doesnt make bashing people ok thanks :)

Yeah, but what a guy (purrs seductively)!

Err, yeah. Maybe the problem is that too many old devs still working on the project equals too few new ideas? That would explain the frequent refashioning of old instances.
90 Tauren Druid
03/01/2011 2:42 PMPosted by Kaidiel
It's just not the content patch that the game needs right now.

4.1: The content patch Azeroth deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

In other news, I would gladly do ZA/ZG heroics (on my pally which I'm currently leveling) since I never got a chance to do them in their time.
03/01/2011 2:45 PMPosted by Kaidiel

I like the WoW development team. I've loved a lot of their work in the past.
I have issues with the current development of Cataclysm.
It's hard to reconcile that the same developers that made the game I loved also made the content that I'm complaining about on the forums.
I'm not saying it's right, but I completely understand how someone could reconcile that dissonance with "the old developers must have left and now our current developers aren't as good." There's no evidence for it and it's not true, but it's a reflection of the way some people feel about the game more than it is factual truth.

Well theres an old saying about assuming what's true. Considering how many posters will dish out scrutiny on other posts, they need to be able to take it back. They should also read posts and realize when a general argument is being attacked and not them themselves.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]