Former Great Guilds

1 Orc Rogue
I would like to start a tribute to guilds that were formerly great on Vek'nilash. The list can be guilds that are now just casual, guilds that were once great and have been completely disbanded, or guilds just now filled with Baddies. Please add one guild at a time and please justify your response below, i.e. casual, disbanded or taken over by baddies.

Reply Quote
44 Orc Hunter
SiN? Did they come to Vek'nilash to dominate the server and failed? Then moved to Blackrock to rinse and repeat?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
Decerto plot.
Reply Quote
5 Gnome Rogue
Alliance needs some love-

The Dojo-They were probably not great, but they had a solid raiding core in Wrath and were able to clear a number of bosses in ICC. Some got Shadowmourne. Since then, they have lost a number of individuals Main and offtanks, a number of healers, most of there truly solid dps whose backs hurt at the end of raids.

Most of the the reasons for leaving were over loot issues, i.e. certain people wanted certain loot so those bosses were the first to be cleared combined with a lack of respect given to their core raiding team.

To answer HfB's original question, I guess now they would be comprised of a number of baddies who are carried by one or two excellent players.
Reply Quote
18 Worgen Warlock
My vote goes to <Tail is Fail>.

I mean, they had an awesome core, but once Tail left there was nobody left to fail. The heart and soul of the guild was gone, I'm not surprised they disbanded :-(
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
I remember SiN. Never heard of the other ones.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
Former great guilds

Horde: Raiding
Renagade Soldiers
Right Hand of God

Alliance: Raiding
Revenge
Cohors Praetoria
Ethereal

By guild size
I'd say League of the Blade with over 800 members was the largest our server had but Nerd Rage claims to have a thousand. League of the Blade was a guild back from Vanilla through to Burning Crusades. Nerd Rage was a guild around mid-Wotlk throughout Cataclysm.

Still I don't think that Nerd Rage's promise ever came true. What ever happened to that Lion mount they promised all those members?
Reply Quote
12 Goblin Mage
Second Impact, Was one of the top guilds during the SSC TK grind. Not sure what happened to them tho.

Advent Children, Don't know much about them just remeber lvling as a lowbie and seeing people from this guild have all the sparkling cool gear. :) Largest vanilla guild?
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Enigma and Nerv were 2 of the recent ones that disbanded and xfered to bigger and better places. Cohors really isnt a former great guild, since they are still standing strong. Ethereal reformed again so i guess they were a former. revenge still somehow seems to keep alive after losing members numerous times, so they were never really former either. SI was a great one too bad they disbanded and xfered. not so sure about advent, that was b4 my time i guess.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
Former great guilds

Horde: Raiding
Renagade Soldiers
Right Hand of God

Alliance: Raiding
Revenge
Cohors Praetoria
Ethereal

By guild size
I'd say League of the Blade with over 800 members was the largest our server had but Nerd Rage claims to have a thousand. League of the Blade was a guild back from Vanilla through to Burning Crusades. Nerd Rage was a guild around mid-Wotlk throughout Cataclysm.

Still I don't think that Nerd Rage's promise ever came true. What ever happened to that Lion mount they promised all those members?

This post made me lol. RHoG? Seriously? PAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Reply Quote
23 Undead Rogue
Silence
Reply Quote
80 Undead Mage
OLD BLOOD HERE, WUT WUT

Ascension, Decerto, Bloodline, and Renegade Soldiers are the big names that stick out from Vanilla.

02/26/2011 10:54 PMPosted by Whitekoala
Silence

Silence just kinda transferred here and fell apart. I guess.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
RS.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
The Wolverines
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
OLD BLOOD HERE, WUT WUT

Ascension, Decerto, Bloodline, and Renegade Soldiers are the big names that stick out from Vanilla.

Silence

Silence just kinda transferred here and fell apart. I guess.

I dont remember RS from vanilla, i remember them becoming a powerhouse in BC.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
RS
Nerv
Endsong
Ethereal
Enigma
Revenge
SiN
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
LMAo. Dojo is 9/12 and still twards the top of the server, U soundf like u more or less disgruntled angry and bitter prob cause u didnt get loot u wanted
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]