Camera view zoomed to first person.

(Locked)

85 Human Priest
Was just in a Normal Lost City of Tol'Vir and after taking the wind tunnel up to the Siamat platform, my view zoomed in to first person and now I can't zoom back out. I'm stuck in first person view.

How do I fix this?
Support Forum Agent
Make sure that the zoom out function is bound to a key or your mouse wheel's down function and zoom out first. If that doesn't work, try these two commands to reset your camera settings:

/console cameraDistanceMax 15
/console cameraDistanceMaxFactor 1

After typing that into your chat window and hitting Enter after each one, zoom out.

Keyboard not detected!
Press F1 to resume
A Steamy Romance Novel http://www.surveymk.com/s/RHXXKHK
85 Human Priest
Make sure that the zoom out function is bound to a key or your mouse wheel's down function and zoom out first. If that doesn't work, try these two commands to reset your camera settings:

/console cameraDistanceMax 15
/console cameraDistanceMaxFactor 1

After typing that into your chat window and hitting Enter after each one, zoom out.

Keyboard not detected!
Press F1 to resume

Checked the keybindings and the zoom in and out are bound to the mouse scroll wheel, in = scroll up and out being scroll down. Reset them the same just to be sure.

Entered in those two commands and nothing happened.

I'm still stuck in First person view. :(
85 Human Priest
K.I.S.S.

Keep It Simple, Stupid.

Logged out and logged back in and camera zoom works just fine.

/sigh.

Gremlins... right? Or Goblins.

Gnomes... I blame all three!

/puts on tin foil hat.
Support Forum Agent
You just hate short people.

Keyboard not detected!
Press F1 to resume
37 Night Elf Priest
my character looks like a ant from far away and id like to know how do i fix that and get right up on it
Support Forum Agent
Hayter,

If everything's still working with default settings, you do that by scrolling the mouse wheel up and down.

"...The child is grown The dream is gone.. I......have become comfortably numb..."
85 Orc Hunter
This is an old thread Martyt, but I still have the same issue with this. I've tried deleting interface, WTF, cache, etc. but that didn't work either. I have had this issue for months now and still haven't resolved it. I've tried resetting keybindings, all that. Still nothing. Any advice? I'm reinstalling WoW atm.
85 Troll Druid
i'm having the same issue that she had but nothing ive done is working, i did the ui reset, repair utility, and reinstalled wow still have the same issue, so i started to think maybe its my mouse.
so i tried reinstalling the mouse drivers, and firmware. ( razer naga) still nothing, ive done restarts with differnt mice nothing, and im at a total loss as to what it could be cause i only seem to have this issue with WoW so.. any advice, if it helps the whole problem started a week ago when i copied and pasted a max distance macro in got a ui error message closed it and tryed it again but nothing happened then i hit my mouse button and bam stuck in 1st person view the only way i can get out is to use the home and end keys to scroll between views. which pulls me to like 3 feet away behind a tauren warrior.. so i can see anything, even worse than normal. any advice? ive talked to ingame gms and tech support mayhbe the forums can help
85 Troll Druid
ok so.. just for giggles i tried what the blue posted above and low and belhold it worked like a charm
even better really cause now i can really zoom out more than what i was used to YAY! thanks
martyt u rule!!
85 Troll Druid
datth i meant sorry :/
16 Night Elf Warrior
My camera view everytime I move goes from first person and then zooms all the way out what do I do?
85 Dwarf Hunter
I was just in the middle of icc 10m Herioc Lich King fight and was playing with my interface and changed to smart pivot. Now I cant get out of first person view. I have uninstalled wow and everything and reinstalled and when i'm done installing i'll try those commands. Thanks

:)
85 Human Death Knight
lol man i had the same problem ended up reseting all my stuff getting rid of all my addons and then uninstaling and reinstaling WoW i was furious when i had to call 2 GM's before i finaly said screw it im lookin this up MYSELF and found that /console cameradistancemax 15 and then /console cameradistancemaxfunction 1 and then login out and back in was all i needed to do to fix my problem
90 Worgen Warrior
thank u so much my zoom got stuck and i deleted my wtf,interface and cache files did not work i reset ui and key bindings and that did not work so i did what datth said and it fixed it
85 Goblin Rogue
Since 4.3 I have had an issue on the morchok fight in DS where I automatically get thrown into first person after he sucks everyone in with earthen vortex and until recently I have gotten around the issue by simply keybinding a max camera distance macro and manually zooming out from there, but this past week my "mouse wheel" (not technically a wheel because i play on a laptop and it's the thing on the side of the mousepad that operates the same way as a mouse wheel that i use) just stopped working both to zoom in and zoom out and I have been unable to get the game to do anything when i use the mouse wheel (I have switched keybindings to the mouse wheel and seen if anything happens or not) is there some way to fix this? none of these other solutions have worked for me
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I have this problem too. In fact everyone, I know that plays on a lap top has this problem, which may have nothing to do with it. It is simply an observation. Esp. during or after the last boss in LCoT. I have to reload or use the touch bad scroll to get out of first person.
16 Blood Elf Hunter
i just finished a quest in silver pine about bombing (droping a spell or something) on the frog people from a bat and when i was thrown off the bat my camera angle was messed up. my character looks like a ant someone please tell me how to zoom back in. im on a dell latitude though so how do you zoom in on a laptop
I'm having the first person view issue that the OP was having. After jumping on the face of Raigonn in gate of the setting sun I can't zoom out and none of the camera max distance commands are working for me.
100 Human Hunter
the commands worked for me. after a couple of days of being pulled in i started to get really upset. thanks so much for asking and also for having an answer for this problem.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]