Buying level 85 weapons with Honor Points

26 Worgen Druid
I wanted to make a suggestion that could help people like myself who don't have a lot of time or can't get into a rated battle ground because we don't have OP gear. My suggestion would be to set up a system where people could buy level 85 weapons similar to those being bought with conquest points with honor points. At the first of this expansion, I saw in Dalaran I could buy level 85 weapons with either conquest points or honor points. I noticed with the new patches right after the expansion that that system was phased out quickly with a patch. I am suggesting that we bring back something similar to that where we could use so many honor points to so many conquest points. It would make it fair for the small group who doesn't do arena or rated battle to get good weapons. I welcome any feedback on this topic
Reply Quote
26 Worgen Druid
I would like to be able to use honor points that are equal to conquest points instead of just losing every single match to earn gear or weapons. I might as well be a bot then to get gear or weapons. I rather have a way of purchasing weapons with some honor instead of looking like failure at arena. thanks
Edited by Logan on 2/26/2011 6:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Death Knight
Tol Barad quests give tokens which can be traded for a decent weapon.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
02/26/2011 6:31 PMPosted by Logan
I would like to be able to use honor points that are equal to conquest points instead of just losing every single match to earn gear or weapons. I might as well be a bot then to get gear or weapons. I rather have a way of purchasing weapons with some honor instead of looking like failure at arena. thanks

you wish you were a bot
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
Hex
I don't see the harm in adding blue PvP weapons for honor, though getting Conquest gear has become quite easy.

Trust me, if my 2v2 ProtRet/MM team can reach Conquest cap in under an hour, you can too. :P
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Conquest is easier to get than honor. Makes no sense.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
OP, i would agree with you if it wasnt for the tol barad daily quests. im working on farming myself up a decent sword from that, and it shouldnt even take all that long.

i still think weapons for honor are a good idea (obviously they should be worse then conquest weps) it just fits with the idea of going up in a tiered system. it would also be better for pvp players who dont really want to pve at all. but its not really a huge deal because of the TB quests
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Do 5 games a week, and get a weapon in 3 weeks. Or do 5 weeks of daily battlegrounds. Much faster to do a few arena matches.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Yeah, I got a weapon after three weeks, and for the first 2 my partner didn't even have a trinket, let alone pvp gear. We're terrible, but getting conquest points.
Reply Quote
26 Worgen Druid
How hard is it to just make it where people can buy weapons for honor? I don't see how it could be that hard. It was put in at the first of this expansion because I seen it in Dal before the first patch. How hard is it to bring it back? I am willing to spend 20,000 honor pts for a weapon or 200, 000 honor pts for similar weapons. They made gear similar that can be bought with conquest points similar to the gear that can be bought with valor or justice points. I think they can make it gear similar for conquest points to honor points. I bet it won't be that hard to set up a system that would make weapons where you can buy one weapon for like 20, 000 honor points equal to 1250 conquest points or something similar. To me, honor is a lot easier to get than conquest points. I can't even get into a rated battle ground. I tried several times this week. My other solution would be to make it where people can que up to pug rated battle grounds like Wintergrasp. That way, I can earn conquest points. I'm not the type to just go afk in the middle of a battle ground. I like earning my gear but if I don't have unreal resilience or OP gear, then I won't get into rated battle grounds. I could always go into arena to be a bot and lose every single match to get gear ( I figure that would make people mad). I wouldn't do that because I like the feeling of earning my gear. Thanks for the feedback.
Edited by Logan on 2/26/2011 10:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
really just play double dps, its not that hard to win a couple games, since you will eventually play against another team which is just there for points. Me and my 2v2 rogue partner just started and both have about 1k resil and went 5-2 this week. (yes i know lolburst is really lame but it makes things simple.)
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
They haven't added honor weapons since like season 2, so I doubt we'll see them any time soon. Til' then, accumulate relatively easy conquest points like everyone else.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
SY
Pretty sure you can win 5 games with a pre heroic weapon.
Reply Quote
26 Worgen Druid
I have few suggestions to some of the post that I have read. I believe I could be wrong but if you lose at rated battle grounds you don't get any points. In regular battlegrounds, you may lose the game, but you still earn honor. I have read other threads where people would like to be given some type of reward with honor if they are actually trying to win the game like capping the flag or high honor kills to earn extra honor. My suggestion to fix bots or people that go afk in a battle ground, the player or bot in question would not be award any honor or conquest points. Make all battle grounds equal to rated battle grounds in the way of earning conquest points. I know currently you can earn 25 conquest points for the first random battle grounds. Why not make all battle grounds be equal to rated battle grounds. You would earn conquest points similar to the system currently in place for rated battle grounds. I would then be able to earn conquest points to buy weapons. My last suggestion would be to exchange honor for conquest points like an currency exchange. I appreciate the feed back to my suggestions
Edited by Logan on 2/27/2011 9:18 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]