A Letter to my Searing Totem

100 Draenei Shaman
Dear Searing Totem,

I put you down, you attack the wrong mob. I put you down, you attack no mob. I put you down, you attack the right mob, and then you just randomly switch away. I switch to burn another mob, you stay on the old one. I switch for just a moment, you follow me to it and then ignore the main target when I switch back. And harassing that random mage's poor sheep the other night was just not cool. She was nice. She made me food. Tasty food! And you were just a @@!# to her! For no reason at all! I mean, yeah, we have good times and all, but this is getting old. It's getting to the point where I think you're just trying to make me look bad. Who's side are you on, anyway?

Is it something that I've said? Something that I've done? You're not still upset about Magma Totem, are you? I've told you a thousand times, it's over between us. Has been since before the Cataclysm. And don't you dare bring that thing with the Fire Ele Totem into this - that was a misclick, and you know it. It meant nothing to me! Nothing! What more do you need from me? I've demonstrated my commitment! Seven talent points of it! Does that mean nothing to you? Was it all a waste? I mean, I still remember that day - have you forgotten? - back when I put that first point into Searing Flames. You were so happy, you attacked a random nearby critter. And we laughed, and laughed... What happened to those days? Well, minutes, really... now that I think about it, it wasn't even all that long before you decided to randomly pull me a nice mob that I had no interest in, was it?

What is it you even want? Do you need me to say it? Do you want me to say, "I need you?" Fine! I need you! Happy now?! No. No of course you aren't happy, because there you go breaking CC again. Yeah. Yeah, to hell with that priest, trying to shackle so that we might live... the nerve...

Look. I get it. You have issues. We have issues. Everyone has issues. But I'm your friend here, or at least I'm trying. Just tell me what's wrong and I swear I'll do everything I can to fix it. That's all I want. I just want for you to be happy, for us to be happy. Please, just... just stop lighting random things on fire for a moment and talk to me.

Please?

Yours,
Mid

Edit: Seven talent points, now that I fixed my spec.
Edited by Midvane on 2/23/2011 2:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Would....and did....read again :)
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
lol
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Put flameshock on the target you want it to hit FIRST then drop it.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
Fix stupid totem

02/23/2011 12:42 PMPosted by Midvane
I put you down, you attack the wrong mob. I put you down, you attack no mob. I put you down, you attack the right mob, and then you just randomly switch away.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
/applaud

02/23/2011 12:44 PMPosted by Ooban

Me: ST! See that Flame Shock? Go gettem boy!
ST: Yeah, I don't really feel like doing that now.

Me: Hey Fire Elemental, I put a Flame Shock up on that giant named Halfus, standing in the middle of the room. Go gettem boy!
FE: Yeah, I'm just going to stare off the end of this platform and contemplate life.
Edited by Ayure on 2/23/2011 12:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
Put flameshock on the target you want it to hit FIRST then drop it

Works for one mob. More than one? Bets are off.

Edit: spelling and grammar =s
Edited by Dejakious on 2/23/2011 12:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

See

02/23/2011 12:42 PMPosted by Midvane
. I put you down, you attack the right mob, and then you just randomly switch away.

Searing totem tends to switch to lower duration flame shocks/stormstrikes for some reason even after redropping the totem.

Would read again OP.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
02/23/2011 12:48 PMPosted by Zerovii
Searing totem tends to switch to lower duration flame shocks/stormstrikes for some reason even after redropping the totem.

Is that what it's doing? The odd behavior when switching targets makes a bit more sense if it is.

Though there are still the cases where the skull dies, I switch to X, and (oh look, I'm so surprised...) it's off on triangle which nobody's even touched yet.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
Love it! Love it! You could write that about Ghost Wolves too!

The Scene in the midst of the Blackwing Descent in the heat of the battle against Magmaw and the omnitron defense system.

Backus: Unleash the Hounds! Attack that giant snake head coming out of the Lava boys!!!

Dogs Split into three two go to attack the spawns and one is on magmatron. Searing flames turns and starts to fire at a spawn that gets too close, and never resumes attacking magmaw.

The Scene: Omnitron Defense System

I got so tired of the stand alone searing totem I just reapplied it every time I attacked the new target.

Backus: Unleash the Hounds! Die Arcanatron Die!

The three wolves rush off to attack Toxitron and promptly kill themselves on his shield. Thanks for showing up boys!
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
02/23/2011 1:59 PMPosted by Backus
The three wolves rush off to attack Toxitron and promptly kill themselves on his shield. Thanks for showing up boys!

Phase one Nef. Doesn't matter how long I've been on Nef, they still rush off to play with Ony on the far side of the room. But at least they listen when you tell them to get back on the right target.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
02/23/2011 2:21 PMPosted by Midvane

Phase one Nef. Doesn't matter how long I've been on Nef, they still rush off to play with Ony on the far side of the room. But at least they listen when you tell them to get back on the right target.

I have seen one better...One wolf will stay on Nef, the other will run off to lick Ony.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Look. I get it. You have issues. We have issues. Everyone has issues. But I'm your friend here, or at least I'm trying. Just tell me what's wrong and I swear I'll do everything I can to fix it. That's all I want. I just want for you to be happy, for us to be happy. Please, just... just stop lighting random things on fire for a moment and talk to me.

"To Midvane,

YOU CAN'T CONTROL ME!

yrs,

ST"
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Love it! Love it! You could write that about Ghost Wolves too!

The Scene in the midst of the Blackwing Descent in the heat of the battle against Magmaw and the omnitron defense system.

Backus: Unleash the Hounds! Attack that giant snake head coming out of the Lava boys!!!

Dogs Split into three two go to attack the spawns and one is on magmatron. Searing flames turns and starts to fire at a spawn that gets too close, and never resumes attacking magmaw.

The Scene: Omnitron Defense System

I got so tired of the stand alone searing totem I just reapplied it every time I attacked the new target.

Backus: Unleash the Hounds! Die Arcanatron Die!

3 wolves? I swore I had 2.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Pure win imo, nice creativity.

Fix searing pls
Reply Quote
Maybe they could make it switch to whatever mob you are currently meleeing and the case of a non-ench shaman, whatever ebemy you last hit with an offensive spell. first enemy hit if its chain lightning.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
RKO
Legendary, this needs a sticky
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Dear Searing Totem;

Meet Guardian of Ancient Kings.

You two didn't need to breed.

Please euthanize.

Thank you.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
dear searing totem,
please stop breaking my partner's blinds in arena
thanks
Reply Quote
I smiled.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]