Body and Soul Nerf in 4.1

90 Human Priest
02/24/2011 9:16 AMPosted by Yumei
Nothing in the patch notes. Possibly just a bad datamined data?

God, I hope so. Or maybe Blizzard realized just how bad of an idea it was and quickly reneged. As it is right now, B&S is just about the ONLY reason a Holy Priest would ever cast PWS. With it nerfed, you might as well just remove the ability from our spellbook.
Edited by Rislyn on 2/24/2011 9:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
I'm still brandishing my pitchfork.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
02/24/2011 10:07 AMPosted by Sase
I'm still brandishing my pitchfork.

LOL, same.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
No. No. No. I know that Ghostcrawler said that Chakra would be the thing that priests miss when they spec out of holy into disc, but it isn't for me. Body and Soul is what I miss more than anything.

I'm embarrassed to say that there has never been a list of patch notes before today that has actually made me want to quit the game. :(

With this change, B&S is really just another PvP talent. That means two PvP only talents in the Holy tree. Fun fact: both of them are at the same tier of the tree. There's only two PvE talent points you can spend there after this change, so you really have no choice but to backfill to keep going down the tree.

In fact, you have to backfill to the point that there is literally only a single talent you can NOT take if you want to move forward.

Seems like the entire idea of a talent tree is a waste of time when you have to take everything except the PvP only talents.

And this person should be quoted!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
02/24/2011 10:21 AMPosted by Plume
I'm embarrassed to say that there has never been a list of patch notes before today that has actually made me want to quit the game. :(

You're not alone. Body & Soul is one of the most fun things I enjoy about my priest. Lifegrip doesn't even hold a candle to it.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
In spite of argumentative pallies who obviously enjoy seeing any other healing class get nerfed and like to try and derail threads, the sentiment behind the OP is sound.

This nerf is a little bit ridiculous. Body and Soul was one of the best things about being holy in PvE encounters. This PvP nerf is too much and will negatively affect PvE too much.

There has to be a way to make the change only for PvP and not for PvE. It is not overpowered in PvE at all.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
It's a tool tip error, no such change is being made.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
02/24/2011 10:34 AMPosted by Bashiok

I've never wanted to hug a blue EVER as much as I want to hug Bashiok right now.

/blush
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
People need to stop taking those tooltip changes so seriously.

In after told you so. :p
Edited by Yumei on 2/24/2011 10:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
1 Orc Rogue

Thank you!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
ok i almost cried over this
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Good, it is a fun talent in its current version.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest

I read the whole thread, only to see this. Woot!

Does anyone else think of this when they read Practical's comments?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
4 pages of comments for a tooltip error. High Comedy. Hopefully this will give notice on how fun B&S is to we (us?) priests.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I'm actually surprised because as "fun" as it is, it is something that has to be balanced around in encounters. It can literally turn a challenging encounter into something trivial just by casting a spell on someone. It took fights like Heroic Ruby Sanctum from insanely hard to manageable and trying to do it initially without a B&S priest was just not going to happen.

As long as blizzard doesn't build more of these fights that require movement by 1 person at a specific time and having it be tightly tuned, I can see them leaving it alone, but by the way the fights are starting to go, I can't see this 60% speed lasting.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest

but why was there a change to the tool tip at all? is there a change with the spell? was there going to be a change to the spell? might there be a future change to the spell?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Big relief, thanks Bashiok.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Rogue
What about the duration of PWS being reduced to 15 seconds? Is that a tooltip error too?

My guess is no.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
02/24/2011 11:09 AMPosted by Solitara

but why was there a change to the tool tip at all? is there a change with the spell? was there going to be a change to the spell? might there be a future change to the spell?

Something tells me that it may have been a change they were considering, but decided to not go through on. What was datamined was likely an older version of the spell. Either that, or Blizzard saw how quickly us priests started rallying against the change that they reverted it shortly after it was announced.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]