Concerning the state of Tol Barad.

85 Troll Rogue
First I'm going to start off by saying that as a new pvp zone Tol Barad is hardly balanced. The attacking team is severely hindered due to the wonky mechanics. The defending team sits on their high perch in the middle of the map, ready to mass camp the last base that was taken as soon as the attackers move on to a different base.

My primary concern is the horde that enter Tol Barad. Lack of coordination and bickering between the horde team is horrible. Why would you argue with your teammate? That's not only bad sportsmanship, but it makes the team weaker as a whole. People end up rage-quitting after losing a node, or because they end up arguing with another teammate.

I want you people to understand that on both horde AND alliance that if one person leaves on your team it does NOT remove somebody from the opposing team. You are screwing over your entire team by leaving. You get the deserter buff, and you lose out on 90 honor.

When you leave Tol Barad it causes a chain reaction of people quitting. As soon as people start to leave your team you give the opposing team a huge advantage.

Please, for the sake of your team, commit to Tol Barad. If nobody is leading you then take charge and have some kind of leadership going on. Be solid and confident in your choices. Call incomings and learn to predict where the enemy will strike next. Without team-work and good leadership it makes this already difficult pvp zone even harder to take.

Thank you for your time.
Edited by Lotek on 2/27/2011 7:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Mage
I never expected Horde to be fighting amongst themselves. It seemed there was some minor coordination. Fancy that.

Don't worry, Alliance also knows just how unfair the BG is for the attackers. Anyone who insults the losing team are just bad sports.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Tol Barad is not only imbalanced, it is boring. I can't bring myself to queue for it because it is the most monotonous BG I've ever been in.

That aside, Lotek has some good stuff; please remember that this is just a game and there is no reason for you guys to be fighting amongst yourselves.

Also I think congratulations are in order, because the Horde has certainly done better with TB in the most recent weeks.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Reminds me of Alliance in WG.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Honestly, I've noticed its just a few bad apples who go above and beyond to insult, bicker, and knit pick at anything someone has to say - those people are on my ignore lists. The last round we just had had a lot of people communicating and even saying where they were staying as D and what they did (Dear healers, queue more. We need you.). And yes, attacking is the biggest game of rush rush rush I've ever seen. Its kind of fun in a perverse way. Maybe I'm a masochist. Works for me though - time to farm ore nodesssss.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Those are some very good points, Lotek. I'd also like to add to the list by mentioning that it does absolutely nothing to help, motivate, or coordinate by constantly complaining in TB General.

I like to call them "Armchair Generals": those that one sees in every battleground typing up a storm about how horrible their team is doing (and seemingly updating their opinion every minute), while completely ignoring the fact that they are a part of the team...

If you're too busy typing that much, then you're not killing. Thankfully, it's usually only one person per BG, and therefore easy to ignore. I'm of the opinion that if you're not going to help, then get out.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
While I agree with pretty much everything you're saying, I take issue with one point.

Leaving the BG(if you can call TolB a BG) DOES remove an Alliance player from the battleground. The factions in Tol Barad are balanced at -all- times. If a Horde player leaves, it boots someone from the Alliance side.

I've had it happen to me, guildies have had it happen to them. I believe there -is- a small grace period where if they can pull in a member of the opposite faction to equalize the numbers, the other side won't lose a player, but if the sides cannot be equalized, someone gets booted to bring the numbers back even again.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
since the changes TB is pretty balanced imo, i've had a lot of really touch and go games its been awesome.

My primary concern is the horde that enter Tol Barad. Lack of coordination and bickering between the horde team is horrible. Why would you argue with your teammate? That's not only bad sportsmanship, but it makes the team weaker as a whole. People end up rage-quitting after losing a node, or because they end up arguing with another teammate.

thats typical horde from my experience, on the flipside alliance just get really defeatist when they lose and pretty much go quiet, its equally depressing tbh.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warlock
So I can queue, then leave and it'll kick Anyaka?

Just what I always wanted!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
PAYBACK FOR WINTERGRASP
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Waiting for someone to bring that up.
Reply Quote
Last expac Horde dominated WG, its time you guys bent over and took it up the ass like a man.
Reply Quote
74 Human Warlock
It's pvp.

I'll do and say what I want to.
Don't like it? Don't queue.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Mage
TB is fine, yes it's stacked in the defense, but it's winnable for offense all the same; as the alliance has regularly proven when the horde captures the place only to hold it for one round.

Problem, players?

Like that last round. We took it in like.. 3? Maybe four minutes?
Reply Quote
02/27/2011 7:57 PMPosted by Kavi

I've done a couple so far, during normal hours (12-2pm ish on a Sunday one was I remember) that was over in a couple of minutes, us assaulting.

We seem to be able to take it back pretty easy so I don't know about this whole "stacked against assaulters" thing.

But I have only assaulted a couple times since the change.
Edited by Rocksin on 2/27/2011 8:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Mage
02/27/2011 8:45 PMPosted by Rocksin

I've done a couple so far, during normal hours (12-2pm ish on a Sunday one was I remember) that was over in a couple of minutes, us assaulting.

We seem to be able to take it back pretty easy so I don't know about this whole "stacked against assaulters" thing.

But I have only assaulted a couple times since the change.

Teamwork. And Alliance seems to know how to do it. ;P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]