4.1 Guild Changes & Rogues

85 Draenei Priest
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2356431

I am so proud of Blizzard with 4.1's changes. The reintroduction of Zul Aman and Zul Gurub will bring more fun things to do around here, but I'm here to discuss the Guild changes:

We have added two new custom guild tabards as Guild Rewards. The tabards are account bound and offer a bonus to gaining guild reputation.

New tabards to make guild rep farming easy! Awesome! This is something many people have been calling for on other servers, and I think this will make people want to change guilds a little more often, promoting a more hostile/friendly realm.

The Guild Perk, Cash Flow, no longer prints out text to the Chat Log. Instead, the daily amount deposited is shown in the Guild Vault Money Log. In addition, players can view the weekly contribution in a new window at the bottom of the Money Log.
I always wondered why they didn't put this in, it certainly does help clear up the extra gold that comes in from the perk, and exactly how much the guild is making.

Work has begun on a new Looking for Guild system. Further details will be provided when we are ready for feedback.
FINALLY. This is something I have ALWAYS wanted, I think this (Aside from guild leveling) was one of the best things I thought that came with Cataclysm.

Also, WHY DID THEY BUFF ROGUES? All rogues got was buff after buff after buff? Is there no call from players to make rogues a little less over powered? Rogues pwn me, even if they're in pve gear against my 365 pvp set. :( *cries* (On a side note, I am pretty bad at life, so that could be why).
Edited by Varuul on 2/28/2011 6:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
OKAY, EPIC RAGE.

Power Word: Shield duration has been reduced to 15 seconds, down from 30.

Dispel Magic can only be used on the casting priest as a baseline effect.

MAD VAR IS MAD. WHY? GOD WHY?

Oh no, nevermind. It's okay; they increased divine aegis by 3 seconds.... THREE SECONDS.

I'ma go play Rift. :(
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
02/28/2011 6:12 AMPosted by Varuul
Power Word: Shield duration has been reduced to 15 seconds, down from 30.

Haven't you heard? Blizzard doesn't want disc priest to use shields anymore, they want you to act like a holy priest and spam various spells.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
its so nice, nice now bubble spamming isnt the only way to go!

wont really change anything in pvp

and the dispel change only effects shadowpriests (disc/holy gets a talent to keep it the same lolololololol)
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
I still don't like the over all changes to disc. PW:S should be their #1 ability still IMO. What's next? Removing the Soul Warding talent?

-Ave

P.S. Nice shoulder pads there Chrissie. =)
Edited by Zoya on 2/28/2011 12:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
you want drink some water?!

i just find pw:s spamming boring and im glad theyre taking steps to change it :)
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
you want drink some water?!

i just find pw:s spamming boring and im glad theyre taking steps to change it :)

Maybe they should look into making some of the other spells more useful and usable without going OOM after 10 cast. Lower the mana cost of flash heal and also lower the amount healed to offset it some.. Having flash heal as one of the primary disc heals and proc Divine Aegis would be more idea if you ask me.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
# Power Word: Barrier's cooldown has been increased to 3 minutes, up from 2, and its effect has been reduced to 25%, down from 30%.

More shield nerfs. I'm tellin ya.. Blizzard doesn't want Disc priest to use shields anymore....

On another note...
# Shield Bash has been removed from the game.
# Spell Reflection cooldown has been increased to 25 seconds, up from 10.

Poor warriors... I'm starting to feel bad for them now...
Edited by Avellin on 3/1/2011 9:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock

Pummel is now usable in all stances.

Keep reading...
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage

Pummel is now usable in all stances.

Keep reading...

But it's only 4 seconds and doesn't daze the target. (acc to tooltip)
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
and theres better CC/silences that share the same DR?

game isnt balanced on 1v1.

Change stance and hamstring. Reflect nerf hurts(them, not myself) though.
Edited by Cheesypoofs on 3/1/2011 10:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
03/01/2011 9:12 AMPosted by Avellin
# Power Word: Barrier's cooldown has been increased to 3 minutes, up from 2, and its effect has been reduced to 25%, down from 30%.

More shield nerfs. I'm tellin ya.. Blizzard doesn't want Disc priest to use shields anymore....

omg sadface
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
and theres better CC/silences that share the same DR?

game isnt balanced on 1v1.

Change stance and hamstring. Reflect nerf hurts(them, not myself) though.

You're makin me sound like I'm mad when I'm not. I have never and will never play a warrior. Other then a rogue melee is boring and even that is debatable (<3 combat). Also I always preach the "not balanced for 1v1" because it can never be done without completely redoing half the classes from start.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Disc should be Quick, efficient heals. + Shields.

Holy should be slower casting, but more efficient heals. + HoTs for when they spend 4 seconds casting greater heals.

Shadow should be keyboard repair spec. 'Nuf said.

Imho at least.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
they only buffed the sub talent. rogues are strong no doubt but have you seen mages, dk's and marks hunters lately? and honestly does PWS last full 30 secs ever in arena if the person is being targetted by 2 dps? lemme tell ya it doesnt last long. now that amount of magic buffs other than hots have been reduced by a !##%ton, there's really not much to purge to begin with, and honestly purge was OP. don't complain about specific classes and their abilities, think of how it affects a team. think of dk: desecrate, deathgrip and how indestructable and unkiteable they are and how much damage they do with necrotic strike absorbing 50k heals+ marks hunter doing 50k dps with freedom from hpally with frost trap, freezing trap, scattershot,silencing shot, pet and trap root, disengage would affect teams with assasination rogues? u c y they tryin to push rogues going into shadowstep?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2356431

I am so proud of Blizzard with 4.1's changes. The reintroduction of Zul Aman and Zul Gurub will bring more fun things to do around here, but I'm here to discuss the Guild changes:

We have added two new custom guild tabards as Guild Rewards. The tabards are account bound and offer a bonus to gaining guild reputation.

New tabards to make guild rep farming easy! Awesome! This is something many people have been calling for on other servers, and I think this will make people want to change guilds a little more often, promoting a more hostile/friendly realm.

The Guild Perk, Cash Flow, no longer prints out text to the Chat Log. Instead, the daily amount deposited is shown in the Guild Vault Money Log. In addition, players can view the weekly contribution in a new window at the bottom of the Money Log.
I always wondered why they didn't put this in, it certainly does help clear up the extra gold that comes in from the perk, and exactly how much the guild is making.

Work has begun on a new Looking for Guild system. Further details will be provided when we are ready for feedback.
FINALLY. This is something I have ALWAYS wanted, I think this (Aside from guild leveling) was one of the best things I thought that came with Cataclysm.

Also, WHY DID THEY BUFF ROGUES? All rogues got was buff after buff after buff? Is there no call from players to make rogues a little less over powered? Rogues pwn me, even if they're in pve gear against my 365 pvp set. :( *cries* (On a side note, I am pretty bad at life, so that could be why).

Rogues haven't really gotten buffs of any kind, just little tweaks that mostly affect PVE. They nerfed a few of our pvp things in small ways, and we're still useless against certain classes.
Rockpaperscissorscraft will always be rockpaperscissorscraft, and unfortunately you can't become a rock or paper in a fight if you levelled scissors. Bad game design is bad.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Recuperate base effect now heals 3% per tick, up from 2%.

Stealth base cooldown has been reduced to 4 seconds, down from 10, and the movement penalty from being in Stealth has been removed.

Tricks of the Trade now has a 100-yard range, up from 20.

Talent Specializations

Combat
Improved Recuperate now adds 0.5%/1% to the health restoration effect of Recuperate, down from 1%/2%.

Subtlety
Nightstalker now reduces the cooldown of Stealth by 2/4 seconds, and instead of negating the movement penalty from Stealth, it adds a 5/10% movement speed bonus (stacking with other effects) while Stealthed.

I see one nerf. All the rest I consider buffs. It's not that they're substantial buffs, just that it hurts my ego. :(
Edited by Varuul on 3/8/2011 5:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Most of the "buffs" are just functionality things and not things that are going to cause you pain in combat. Tricks of the trade thing is long overdue. So much fun fighting a boss where being behind it means you're out of range of the tank if you need to tricks them.

The healing nerf is the only thing that really affects you. PVP rogues move pretty close to the same in stealth with or without the change and have a really short stealth cooldown already. They're just normalizing things a bit so that other specs and hybrid specs are not confined to specing and playing in one very particular, peculiar way.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
I miss combat :( My fav spec. I should finish leveling....
Edited by Avellwin on 3/7/2011 10:55 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]