[Feedback] proposed changes to Lifebloom

1 Human Mage
We're a bit worried about Resto being too powerful in PvP. We wanted to try out the Lifebloom changes to see if it fixed the problem. We don’t think it's quite the right change though, so we're going to revert the Lifebloom mana nerf, but keep the reduced bloom effect. We'll have to keep watching this.

The change to Efflorescence becoming a smart heal was actually originally just a bug. Since so many of you responded so favorably to it though, we're actually going to redesign Efflorescence to work similarly. We expect the redesign to help the talent be more useful in 5 and 10 player content as well. We'll have more details at a later time.

Thanks for the news Bashiok. Are you able to say if Holy Word: Sanctuary will be getting a similar treatment? Or are you guys happy with how it is at the moment given how much it currently heals for?
Reply Quote
We're a bit worried about Resto being too powerful in PvP. We wanted to try out the Lifebloom changes to see if it fixed the problem. We don’t think it's quite the right change though, so we're going to revert the Lifebloom mana nerf, but keep the reduced bloom effect. We'll have to keep watching this.

The change to Efflorescence becoming a smart heal was actually originally just a bug. Since so many of you responded so favorably to it though, we're actually going to redesign Efflorescence to work similarly. We expect the redesign to help the talent be more useful in 5 and 10 player content as well. We'll have more details at a later time.

can we get an eta on the promised resto shaman cooldown hitting the ptr?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Can we submit the other ground-based (and paladin-based) AoEs for this redesign as well? All share the same weaknesses with regards to usage in 5-mans and 10-mans.
Edited by Anohako on 3/1/2011 7:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
66 Troll Rogue

1) Scrap PvE in WoW. It is an unnatural and bolted-on aspect to what was intended to be a PvP MMO, and it has caused an endless cycle of tinkering/breaking/re-fixing PvE that has driven paying customers away and will ultimately be the death knell to this wonderful MMO.

2) If PvE must stay, then change class mechanics so that when players enter raids the mechanics change to what you determine to be more ‘class balancing’. This way you don’t have to break the PvP game every time you need to ‘balance’ PvE.

3) Or add a third talent spec option. This third talent spec would only be for PvE and would be automatically activated when, and only when entering a raid. Free free to nerf/OP these PvE talents as much as your little blue hearts desire and tinker with the class abilities until they are ‘balanced.’

Fixed.
Edited by Condemner on 3/1/2011 7:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
03/01/2011 6:54 PMPosted by Bashiok

As a feral I thank you. while I dont like the lessened bloom that mana boost would hurt bad on the main heal I use on myself. We already dont get many spells on our tiny mana tanks and LB is about the only one cheep enough to cast frequently
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
We're a bit worried about Resto being too powerful in PvP. We wanted to try out the Lifebloom changes to see if it fixed the problem.

I can't begin to explain how angry this makes me. Resto PVE is so dismally weak that it's a burden to log on to raid. You have no legitimate justification to even be considering any form of mana nerf to resto druid right now. Stop ruining my raid experience with your crappy pvp sidegame.

To be clear: I don't care that the mana increase was reverted. I'm PISSED that you even thought about it. You should be worrying about making resto remotely enjoyable again in a raid environment. Seriously, you've utterly failed resto druids this expansion. It's miserable.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Thanks Bashiok!

Yumei: Efflorescence is bugged on the PTR and is acting as a single-target-per-tick smart heal, healing one person at a time (inside the circle) for ~3k. It was unintended, but a very attractive mistake.

http://treebarkjacket.com/2011/02/26/ptr-efflorescence-smart-heal/

Reply Quote
51 Draenei Mage
03/01/2011 7:43 PMPosted by Jaryn
We're a bit worried about Resto being too powerful in PvP. We wanted to try out the Lifebloom changes to see if it fixed the problem.

I can't begin to explain how angry this makes me. Resto PVE is so dismally weak that it's a burden to log on to raid. You have no legitimate justification to even be considering any form of mana nerf to resto druid right now. Stop ruining my raid experience with your crappy pvp sidegame.

To be clear: I don't care that the mana increase was reverted. I'm PISSED that you even thought about it. You should be worrying about making resto remotely enjoyable again in a raid environment. Seriously, you've utterly failed resto druids this expansion. It's miserable.

Are you seriously angry because they did a change that never even made it to live servers? How was your raid experience ruined this week because of this change?
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock

1) Scrap PvE in WoW. It is an unnatural and bolted-on aspect to what was intended to be a PvP MMO, and it has caused an endless cycle of tinkering/breaking/re-fixing PvE that has driven paying customers away and will ultimately be the death knell to this wonderful MMO.

Fixed.

lolwat. Last I checked, vanilla shipped with 4 level 60 dungeons and two raids, but for PvP it had... world PvP, and no incentive to do it, eventually degrading to the Tarren Mill/Southshore slugfest. Now, I'll grant you it released early, as evidenced by the complete lack of battlegrounds, no means of scaling casters beyond character levels, two tiers of gear within a single raid, and i think the honor system wasn't even implemented yet. But to say WoW was intended for PvP first and foremost?

I want what you're smoking.

/What's this hook in my mouth?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
03/01/2011 7:47 PMPosted by Taaris

Are you seriously angry because they did a change that never even made it to live servers? How was your raid experience ruined this week because of this change?

My raid experience has been so miserable since the start of this expansion that I've been forced to reroll a priest which will soon become my new main. They promised to fix us a short while ago which gave me some hope, but the fact that they're even considering nerfs to us in the form of mana when we're already starved as hell for it really pisses me off. It shows that they're way off-mark with what needs to be done to improve the game and that they don't give a damn how awful it is currently to raid heal.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Oni
We're a bit worried about Resto being too powerful in PvP.

Seriously so sick of you guys trying to find a balance

There is NO balance to have it equal in PVE and PVP they are completely separate specs, goals, wants, and needs!

You nerf one class because they are too powerful in PVP yet those who PVE are the ones who are hindered... and like mentioned above, in previous posts lifebloom is our primary heal, especially for 10 mans and not those over geared paladin healer stacking 25 man guilds....

I suppose we have one use we have the unique battle rez... oh wait no we don't you gave that to DKs too... hrmm are you trying to kill us off?

We are one of the weakest healers imo atm, you nerf our primary spell and gave away something that made us unique - yes we have hots but most raid organises tend to ignore those and choose to go with the much loved and put on a pedestal paladin healer or even a priest - now you really have put us out to pasture...

I am feeling the love now <3

P.S do blizzard designers play Paladins, Mages and even now im thinking DK;s they seem to be flavour of the month for a while now :/
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
We don’t think it's quite the right change though, so we're going to revert the Lifebloom mana nerf, but keep the reduced bloom effect. We'll have to keep watching this.

Well at least there's that.

This now only affects me in rare situations on heroic Maloriak when the kiter needs healing during black phase at the same time that the short healing window comes up on the main tank; normally I'd let the bloom tide the kiter over as I cast a timed big heal on the MT.

Not a common situation and can be dealt with in other ways.

Hmm, new talent: Improvedest Barkskin - You may now cast barkskin upon other players, but the cooldown is increased to 3 minutes and any resilience you have is set to zero.

:P

Anyhow thanks for the info, Bashiok.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Hopefully there's something great waiting in the wings for the shamans :)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
03/01/2011 8:00 PMPosted by Keeva

Like a nice fat nerf like druids got.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
03/01/2011 8:00 PMPosted by Keeva

Seconded, great to see the imbalances that the expansion started with didn't stay around for too long. The constant changes can be an adjustment but better that than none at all.

Especially pleased that they reverted the LB mana cost, ToL throughput will suffer but it will still be a great tool for efficiency.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]