Recommended Addons

100 Tauren Druid
Thought this might be of value to a few people:

http://www.arresteddevelopmentguild.com/addons

The above is a link to the addons page for my guild. This is where we post addons, most of which are purely quality-of-life addons. All of the links to download (the flame icon to the left of each) link to the curse.com addon repository, but if you have the curse client installed you can click the red flame icon to add the addon immediately in the curse client.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
A few of them are rather obvious and some required for many guilds and most any raid.

and just a few are damn neat and I've never seen before.

One seems very useful to me and I'm going to check it out, Very nice.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Auctioneer, Bartender, Clique (especially for healers who don't want to use Healbot), Omen, Postal, Recount, TomTom are all pretty much the standard package of addons.

You should add in OmniCC. It's an addon that shows cooldowns in the spell box (so you can see that you've got 4 seconds left before Riptide's off CD, for instance). Great for quick-look referencing so you know how long until something's ready (rather than guesstimating or hovering your mouse over the spell).

For sheer convenience, I'd also recommend PassLoot. You can set it to auto-disenchant or auto-greed greens or auto-need chaos orbs when you're doing heroics.

TidyPlates was the one addon I got that actually helped me on my tank. It changes the size of the unit plates (that thing that shows up when you hit "v") dependent on your threat level (tanks: small with aggro, medium losing threat, big without aggro; DPS/heals: big with aggro, medium gaining threat, small without aggro). I should level him up one of these days.

NeedToKnow's also something quick and easy I use pretty often. I use class specific addons for DPS (SliceAdmiral on this guy), but I like NTK for simple things I need to track on my healer. It's so quick to configure that I'll switch it on the fly in some raids.

WIM is a longtime member of my addon list, simply because it makes keeping track of multiple conversations much easier.

And then Skillet for easier profession management.

That's my general load-out right now.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
03/05/2011 11:08 AMPosted by Cavis
Auctioneer, Bartender, Clique (especially for healers who don't want to use Healbot), Omen, Postal, Recount, TomTom are all pretty much the standard package of addons.

Bartender and Omen are my favorite and pretty much standard two, without them the game would become nearly unplayable.

Auctioneer and Postal I find completely pointless, I don't need them so kinda a waste of space that I like empty.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
The auctioneer suite is useful if only for keeping tabs on the market (even if you're not a big AH user) and for one-click listing whole piles of stuff for 'market' prices. Postal is nice by itself for selling stuff on the AH (because you can have it auto open all your mail in one go) and in conjunction with AutoMagic is excellent for filling a mail with a particular type of mat to send to an alt, with a single click.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
03/05/2011 11:08 AMPosted by Cavis
You should add in OmniCC. It's an addon that shows cooldowns in the spell box (so you can see that you've got 4 seconds left before Riptide's off CD, for instance). Great for quick-look referencing so you know how long until something's ready (rather than guesstimating or hovering your mouse over the spell).

That's actually what I use CoolLine for; I also use OmniCC but CoolLine puts your upcoming cooldowns on a timeline so you can see visually what's coming up, in full context.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
03/07/2011 7:37 AMPosted by Diidnath
That's actually what I use CoolLine for; I also use OmniCC but CoolLine puts your upcoming cooldowns on a timeline so you can see visually what's coming up, in full context.

I have to add, CoolLine was quite usefull.

While it helps less than nothing to most of my moves and abillities, it gives me a nifty timeline for engineering objects and doodads., they share cooldowns and all so it's quite hard to find which is active and which isn't, let alone which forces a short cooldown for another.

All in all, it has come in handy.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
I'm ressurecting this old thread instead of making a new Addon related one.

Does anybody know of any good nameplate addons? Preferably one that shows castbars under a players nameplate so I can see what spell they are casting, I remember having that option in my interface, but I can't find it anymore, and an addon would probably do the same thing, but better.

So yea, nameplate addon that gives me castbars, thats what I'm looking for.
Reply Quote
heh, Coolline is exactly what I have been looking for. And pretty sure TidyPlates has cast bars. At least the pictures show em. I have it turned off still as I apparently like to make myself suffer with the stock UI before replacing each piece.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
Yea, the Tidy Plates addon I got cdid NOT give me what I wanted, all it did was give me uneeded information while making the actual health bars smaller, it will take getting used to but the main factor is, I WANT TO KNOW WHEN THE MAGE I DON'T HAVE TARGETED IS CASTING SHEEP!

Or any other spell....so far it totally doesn't do that for every abillity..hell I want it for al lmoves, even mounts!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Bartender is nice, but for easier set up and convenience I use Dominos, practically the same thing just better imo
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]