why cant i send mail to myself cross faction?

19 Human Paladin
i want to be able to send mail to my horde toon and vice versa. there is no reason why i shouldnt be able to do this. fine if i cant send to any other players but i should myself.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
i would think the main reason is to not play the auction houses of each faction without paying the neutral AH penalty.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
OH GOD I LOOKED AT YOUR FACE
Why did I look at your face?
Reply Quote
3 Goblin Shaman
You can but the only thing you can send are boa items.
Reply Quote
19 Human Paladin

have you looked in the mirror?
Reply Quote
19 Human Paladin
why not just charge a high mailing fee ?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
one half of you is evil according to the other half. Right side smacks left side and then left punches right, now your not talking to yourself hmmmm pretty much trying to get the goblins and gnome mail carriers to work , I mean see what happens when you enter sw if your a horde, yeah i know its death to the mail carriers too, and poor booty bay, the pirates steal anything trying to cross factions, Its the wisconsin union busters all over again, sad but true, So do to the political unstability of the vortexual circuits (tm) (R) ((had to make sure i didnt get hit by the law firms of Dewy Screwem and Howe for trade mark infringements there. Its crazy, The only thing they could figure out to safely send Via the Steam Wagon express was BOA. and that is the whole story. yep
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman

have you looked in the mirror?

Hey, at least I keep a shiny metal chin (so fashionable) over it.
Reply Quote
19 Human Paladin
03/02/2011 9:38 PMPosted by Oniraion
one half of you is evil according to the other half. Right side smacks left side and then left punches right, now your not talking to yourself hmmmm pretty much trying to get the goblins and gnome mail carriers to work , I mean see what happens when you enter sw if your a horde, yeah i know its death to the mail carriers too, and poor booty bay, the pirates steal anything trying to cross factions, Its the wisconsin union busters all over again, sad but true, So do to the political unstability of the vortexual circuits (tm) (R) ((had to make sure i didnt get hit by the law firms of Dewy Screwem and Howe for trade mark infringements there. Its crazy, The only thing they could figure out to safely send Via the Steam Wagon express was BOA. and that is the whole story. yep

not buying it since we all share most the same mailboxes.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
We can't really say "technical limitations" since you can ship off BoAs, but I'd assume they're still worried (you may say paranoid) about exploits. Blizz seems rather conservative about such things.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
This is easy one here, cause Blizzard dont allow it. You can always pay for a faction change if you wish to get something to your other faction, or have a friend post on the Ah in bootybay, and set price really low.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
its because horde is horde, alliance is alliance, stop trying to make one race!, their at was for god sake, any mail seen to be alliance would be destroyed and vise verse.

be grateful that they allow BoA's to be mailed cross faction.
Reply Quote
19 Human Paladin
its because horde is horde, alliance is alliance, stop trying to make one race!, their at was for god sake, any mail seen to be alliance would be destroyed and vise verse.

be grateful that they allow BoA's to be mailed cross faction.

im both. and during war, supplies and mail do get across enemy lines. there are spies and traitors on both sides also. using the neutral AH to smuggle items and gold across only benfits gold farmers, since they are the ones likely to use it most.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Blizzard wants some items that are common to the HOrde to be rare for the Alliance and vice versa. If anyone can mail an item to their cross-faction alts, that rarity is lost completely.

This forces the (risky) use of the neutral AH -- and the risk of an item being sniped in teh neutral AH (or of your second party scamming off with your gold/item) keep items rare for the faction that's supposed to have limited access to it.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Let's see...Oh, this weapon enchant is only 300g on Horde AH, but it's 500g on Alliance AH...
*Makes an Alliance toon*
Lol free 200g
Reply Quote
19 Human Paladin
Blizzard wants some items that are common to the HOrde to be rare for the Alliance and vice versa. If anyone can mail an item to their cross-faction alts, that rarity is lost completely.

This forces the (risky) use of the neutral AH -- and the risk of an item being sniped in teh neutral AH (or of your second party scamming off with your gold/item) keep items rare for the faction that's supposed to have limited access to it.

thats why this benefits gold farmers. they have serveral non-risky accounts and have no problems. also people who have more than one account have no problems. only average joe is hurt by this system and its not right.
Reply Quote
19 Human Paladin
is there anyhting wrong with prices leveling out evenly across both factions?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
HOW TO SMUGGLE ITEMS CROSS FACTION

(1) Find a "middle man" preferably a close friend on the opposite faction who you can chat with through Real I.D Chat

(2) Trade him your desired items on your Alliance character.

(3) Have him go to Booty Bay, Dalaran, or any neutral city and sell it for a very, very low price which your Horde character can afford.

<Heres the tricky part>

(4) You need to be fast when he puts it up for auction, and you need to make sure it's on buyout so you will be able to receive your item quickly without outside interference.

(5) Wait for mail to come in and there you go, cross faction smuggling =D

I do it all the time with guild mates, earned 500 gold once lol
Edited by Redshiftja on 3/2/2011 10:25 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]