Tone down Tol Barad dailies

85 Blood Elf Warlock
Between the spawn time, the density of mobs, and the amount of damage each does it makes doing dailies in Tol Barad horrible. Will the damage of the mobs be toned down in 4.1 or will another quest hub be added? It seems like every time I quest in the zone, I'll need to eat and drink after each kill.

Also, I noticed that when you die in the zone you don't have to run back to your corpse, which means you have to re-fight everything (due to the high spawn rate) just to get back to where you were.

Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
You think it's bad now?

Before you never got a chance to eat or drink.

And you're a warlock-you have more than adequate self-healing :|
Edited by Shimala on 3/3/2011 12:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
I dont think a warlock should have trouble there.
Sometime the respawns are crazy, just pull away from the spawn point when you kill it so you can run
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage
Player from PvE server complaing Tol Barad is too dangerous.
Reply Quote
2 Gnome Priest
I feel like I'm being a jerk when I loot things around people who are fighting off mobs, but if I didn't do it, I'd never get my quests done. The mobs just don't stop spawning.

Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Only problem I have with it them is mobs chase you way too goddamn far.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
With 4.1 JP will buy better gear and ZG/ZA will drop 353 gear.

Tol Barad will only get easier for non raiders. No need to nerf it.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Hellscream Sentries.... /shudder
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Between the spawn time, the density of mobs, and the amount of damage each does it makes doing dailies in Tol Barad horrible. Will the damage of the mobs be toned down in 4.1 or will another quest hub be added? It seems like every time I quest in the zone, I'll need to eat and drink after each kill.

Also, I noticed that when you die in the zone you don't have to run back to your corpse, which means you have to re-fight everything (due to the high spawn rate) just to get back to where you were.

what are you smoking? TB dailies are easy. Am exalted on 2 toons......
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Spawn time in general isn't that bad.
Mind you, I have found hot spots where every time I kill a specific mob, it's duplicate pops up in its place and the cycle seems to continue unless I move away from the spot. Doesn't happen often, but I have had it a couple times.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
i like it, it allows me to finish dailies pain free and in less then 15 minutes. we will all eventually gear out of it anyways...

its just like the island dailies all over again with less aggro dropping to pull crap on others around you
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest

2 things:

1.Your gear is still pretty low...which makes it tougher. I ran into the same problem when i was a fresh 85 trying to solo TB Dailies...they were painful. Now, after gear upgrades, i breeze right through them no problem. So...gear up and it will make it much more easier.

2.until you gear up, bring along a friend. Find an 85 in your guild...go run the dailies together. Cant find that, ask someone in TB gen chat if they want to partner up and bust out dailies. They are much easier as a group, even if its just 2 of you. (Since youre a Lock, may want to group with someone with heals).
Reply Quote
I dont think a warlock should have trouble there

Have you guys played a Warlock since the nerfs?

My Lock went from my best "farming" toon, to my worst, in that last patch. Granted, self healing may have need some nerfing, but to go from my best to worst, was overkill.

My gear sucks, maybe I suck as a lock, and maybe my spec sucks, but all things being equal, the change was pretty drastic on my end.

I feel like I'm being a jerk when I loot things around people who are fighting off mobs, but if I didn't do it, I'd never get my quests done. The mobs just don't stop spawning.
lol, this too. I've always been the type that will help others that get in to trouble, but as quoted, spawns are so fast and some mobs so close together that, if you don't loot (or click quest item up) and run, you are in trouble.

Especially in the jails or cellars or whatever they are. I don't think it's just me either, I've seen more people die down there questing, than I think I saw in all of wrath put together.
Edited by Drainhorde on 3/3/2011 1:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Only thing I'd like to change with Tol Barad Dailies is that they gave Horde and Alliance different dailies than all the same ones. But thats just me. =/
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
I like it as it is now, makes dailies fun.

If my mage friend can do it without a pet then you certainly can, although the instant respawn thing some mobs having going on is annoying at times.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
For starters, how recklessly are you playing that you need to eat / drink after every encounter?! although the spawn times in cataclysm annoy me (often going for my last mob kill in a quest and having several spawn instantly and attacking me, not even allowing time to move away).

Secondly you dont have to ret at the healer, you can corpse run it, infact the only time i dont corpse run it is when im there for pvp reasons.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
03/03/2011 1:14 PMPosted by Drainhorde
I dont think a warlock should have trouble there

Have you guys played a Warlock since the nerfs?

My Lock went from my best "farming" toon, to my worst, in that last patch. Granted, self healing may have need some nerfing, but to go from my best to worst, was overkill.

My gear sucks, maybe I suck as a lock, and maybe my spec sucks, but all things being equal, the change was pretty drastic on my end.
Before the glyph change, Death Strike as a non-blood DK would heal for almost as much as you would get hit for.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
You think it's bad now?

Before you never got a chance to eat or drink.

Simply not true, doing those dailies as Affliction was hell... demo was much better but lacked any decent self healing. The FA nerf I can only imagine made it worse but I don't bother with them anymore.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]