Tone down Tol Barad dailies

90 Night Elf Rogue
03/03/2011 9:15 PMPosted by Plastikman

There are plans for a new daily quest hub in Mount Hyjal to be released in conjunction with the Firelands raid. We're planning to make it phase and unlock more content as players progress, very similar to Isle of Quel'Danas. One downside of the phasing and unlocking of new buildings/quests there though, was that you had to be participating during the world event to actually see the change take place. We'd like to make the Mount Hyjal hub phase per player so that your personal progress unlocks new content for you, rather than for your whole realm.

We'll have more details about that a little later though. ;)

You just made my f'in day. As i've said earlier in this thread, I absolutely LOVED the way IQD was set up. Cant wait to see how you guys have improved upon that model.

You mean by not using it?

They're not using the IQD model. They're just going to phase it like everything else.
Reply Quote
70 Human Priest
TB dailies are pretty easy already
Reply Quote
Wrath community: "Blizzard caters to carebears and casuals, I want to see REAL CHALLENGE for MANLY MEN such as myself in Cataclysm"

Cata community: "I am literally not even good enough to do dailies without it being a deathflop."

What's that kid say in sixth sense? I see dumb people?

You think the same people said those things? I got news for you, half the people said one, a different half said the other. Not all 12 million people have the same opinion when it comes to the game.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I think the difficulty of the mobs is great. I played as ret for a while in Tol Barad and I had to be careful not to be overwhelmed.

A tank can handle multiple mobs without a problem, though the dps output is low. This encourages people to group up, so that the tank can tank all the mobs, while the dps can kill them with safety.

I do think something needs to be done about mobs competition.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I can see complaining about the respawn rate.

I don't really get the complaining about the mob damage though. None of them hit harder than wet towels.
Reply Quote
5 Blood Elf Paladin
I can see complaining about the respawn rate.

I don't really get the complaining about the mob damage though. None of them hit harder than wet towels.

Wet towels hurt. Try it. A wet towel is stronger than a dry towel.

But I get what you're trying to say about mob damage.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
Main problem with TB is that you aren't autoflagged when you enter.

Flying mounts would be nice too.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
03/03/2011 3:13 PMPosted by Zarhym
The spawntimes do make me frown though. Killing something than having it instantly respawn on your face isnt a challenge, it's annoying. Although granted waiting for a mob to respawn while 7 other people need 12 of the same thing is also annoying. Catch 22.

It is sort of a catch 22 and a side effect of dynamic spawning. When there are a finite number of spawn points for certain creature types, and the rate of spawning is determined by the number of players in the area, this can lead to instant respawns at specific locations. We still feel that's preferable to set spawn times regardless of player population in the area.

I know I'd rather have a few creatures spawn on top of me and have to prepare for that potential outcome, than camp out and really fight with nearby players to get my quests done.

What ever happened to the "15 sec agrro respawn" rule?

Sometime back in BC, I think, you guys made it so that when something respawned, it did not immediately agrro by proximity (I think it was 10-15 secs) so you had a chance to get out of its way. This worked very well as you had the benefits of dynamic spawns without the stupidity of being overwhelmed by several insta-spawns.

Reply Quote
15 Worgen Warrior
With 4.1 JP will buy better gear and ZG/ZA will drop 353 gear.

Tol Barad will only get easier for non raiders. No need to nerf it.

Those non raiders are really impacting my enjoyment of the game, I agree.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Warlock
I've never died to mobs spawning on top of me in TB. There is enough people there where it's not a issue.

I seriously do not know what you people are complaining about. As you get more gear you can handle 5+ at a time anyway.

I like TB just fine, the area is small enough so you don't have to travel for 10 minutes to kill something and big enough that as a caster I can maneuver around.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I personaly dont enjoy the tol barad dailys whatsoever.

I loved the isle of queldonis and I loved the argent tourny.

For some reason i dont find this new set fun.

I agree with this!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
The things I don't like about TB:

1). There should be more than a weapon / On-Use Trinket available as rewards. Sure, there's a pet and two mounts, but I'm talking about equipment rewards. No Armor? No Rings? Why are all the trinkets 100% On-Use, and no Passives? I hate On-Use Trinkets; they are only effective for 10, 20 seconds here and there, and the rest of the time, they are dead weight while they're not active, or on cooldown, they are of zero use to you. So that only leaves just a weapon, maybe two if you dual-wield. Wow. Why not add some friggin *armor*, esp after 4.1, to allow people to ease the transition from Fresh 85 to Heroic Dungeons? You'd still have to do days and days of work, it isn't like you'd just get handed gear.

2). Some mob types make no sense. I remember seeing some ghosts (the soldiers, I think?) classified as "Humanoid" instead of "Undead" (which makes a BIG difference on my paladin). Could we maybe get that fixed? Also, shouldn't the ghosts in that area (the area with the magnets/restless soldiers/etc) be faction-related, make the dwarves Ironforge and the orcs Orgrimmar so that they don't attack their own faction, but yet keep them non-PvP?

3). I don't really like where Hellscream's Reach Camp is, in TBP (the non-PvP part). It is possible for Horde characters to entirely circle the area without going into the spider nest without going into PvP-flagged guarded areas, but yet Alliance can't do this (the Horde camp sits right IN the middle of the road) and have to go through a portion of the spider wood to make a circle around the area. This doesn't hardly seem fair.

4). The zombies on Forgotten Hill (I think that's the name of it, the huge graveyard) do way too much damage. They hurt 2x more than anything else on the whole island, between their *constant* diseases, and their DoTs, and they appear to have some sort of reactive damage shield as well, though I can't find the buff or debuff anywhere, but I take damage just hitting these guys. You can step out of the poison cloud they drop when you kill them, but you STILL take damage from it until you back up 10 yards+ (which will cause you to aggro something else most likely). Even if you can heal a disease, it makes no real sense; you'll re-acquire that same disease as soon as you do.

5). The number of mobs asked by the quests are ridiculous. 14 ghosts at the overlook? Err, there's not even 14 maximum spawns there! Or if there is, it is Just Barely and you got 5-6 people in there. 14 Villagers? Why 14? 8 sounds more like a reasonable number. And those femurs? Why aren't they dropped for everyone in a group? Every time I go down there with a family member, we need to kill eighteen of the stinking things because the femurs don't drop for both people in the group.
Edited by Lohfal on 3/4/2011 7:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
I think the difficulty of the mobs is great. I played as ret for a while in Tol Barad and I had to be careful not to be overwhelmed.

A tank can handle multiple mobs without a problem, though the dps output is low. This encourages people to group up, so that the tank can tank all the mobs, while the dps can kill them with safety.

I do think something needs to be done about mobs competition.

Dunno what planet you're from, but the only time I've ever seen people group up is:

1). Family members/friends
2). Guilds.
3). Tank/Problim occasionally, very occasionally. Usually people will help out-of-group since they get credit too.

And some of the quests (read my complaint about the femur quest) discourage grouping because it just plain makes everything take longer. It is kinda stupid that a solo person can complete the island faster than two people working as a group, but it is true! If the Femur Quest is up, AND I do the other side, it takes me longer as a Blood DK to do both sides WITH the extra help than without, due to the fact we need to kill twice as many mobs. That's why the Hides and Femurs need to drop for everyone in the group.

Also, the spider gland quest is like this too. And the Rifles.
Edited by Lohfal on 3/4/2011 7:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
03/03/2011 12:50 PMPosted by Tsoran
Only problem I have with it them is mobs chase you way too goddamn far.

This.

I saw a dude recently get chased from the ghost and globby prison all the way to the quest givers. The poor guy died trying to run away.

But as I was turning in the quest, I was like "the mob wasn't DoT'd, why on earth did he run this far from where he pats?"

If I were that player, I'd be more than annoyed.

But the respawn time is obnoxious because there's an obnoxious amount of people trying to get their quests done at the same time. It's the price you pay for everyone wanting to do them simultaneously. Trust me, I hate it. I've died more than enough times trying to just LOOT the mobs I've killed. But if we didn't have the spawn rates we do, 20-min daily time turns into 45-50 easy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]