Firelands not in 4.1

(Locked)

85 Undead Mage
so i just found out from http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-03-04-firelands-raid-will-not-be-in-wow-patch-4-1 that firelands will no longer be put into 4.1. what the hell blizz you just messed up with this. only having 3 raids was ok for a few weeks/months of cata but now when you were going to add it you say this:

"We feel like the player base isn't really ready for the next raid yet," he said. "And that led to some changes where Firelands is now actually going to be in 4.2."

a lot of guild have done the raids and no longer have anything to do. now im not 100% on this but still why. and just cuz i dont have raid proggres on this toon dont mean i cant say anything about this.
100 Gnome Mage
Obviously, they are looking at the numbers and seeing that most people haven't even come close to getting through the current raids.
100 Tauren Druid
I kind of like it. I am still progressing through the current raids and some of the new changes in 4.1 will help my raid comp. Plus it means 4.1 is going to come out a lot sooner then we expected which is exciting.

But this is going to piss off a lot of the top guilds.
85 Draenei Death Knight
03/03/2011 5:22 PMPosted by Lissancy
Obviously, they are looking at the numbers and seeing that most people haven't even come close to getting through the current raids.

This. Do you get to see those numbers? Probably not, so quit making an ASS out of U and ME, aka assuming, and just let blizzard run their game.

If we were at the point where everybody and their mom was clearing all 12 bosses every week with no problem, they would release it. But as it is now, people can't even get 6/12. And yes, I'm one of those people, although its more of a our-healers-like-to-stand-in-fire-and-#@%% issue than my fault.

That's why I'm looking for a new guild, woot woot!
100 Human Warrior
38 guilds having defeated all the encounters on heroic is alot of guilds now?
85 Human Death Knight
I don't see Dragonslayer, or any Cata raid titles for that matter, on your toon.

You haven't even completed the current content.
85 Troll Death Knight
Or they could go the non-mentally handicapped way and nerf the current content a bit before the patch and then release the raid when it should be out.
85 Draenei Death Knight
03/03/2011 5:27 PMPosted by Shmegg
Or they could go the non-mentally handicapped way and nerf the current content a bit before the patch and then release the raid when it should be out.

Oh, so nerf it and then release new content? No, how about they leave it as is, let people learn the fight as it is, and then MAYBE they will do better in Firelands in 4.2. Nerfing content that has only JUST been patched into previous content does nobody any good.
85 Troll Death Knight
03/03/2011 5:29 PMPosted by Joolz

Oh, so nerf it and then release new content? No, how about they leave it as is, let people learn the fight as it is, and then MAYBE they will do better in Firelands in 4.2. Nerfing content that has only JUST been patched into previous content does nobody any good.

Everybody who will beat the instance as is, has beat the instance as is. Staring at a math problem you don't know how to do for 2 hours won't get you any closer then the first 5 minutes you looked at it.
03/03/2011 5:24 PMPosted by Rockmnna
But this is going to piss off a lot of the top guilds

Well if they didn't bulldoze through all of the content then they would have something to do.
85 Human Priest
WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW

Hopefully it will be out shortly after 4.1
86 Draenei Death Knight
I have to confess I'm not mad. I'm only 7/12 personally (3/12 on the DK, 7/12 on my Priest, started raiding last Wednesday so not terrible progress) So more time to mop up the regs and then tackle the heroics is fine by me. Obviously lots of people are in the position, or one similar to it, if Blizz has decided enough people haven't conquered the content.
100 Troll Priest
I don't see Dragonslayer, or any Cata raid titles for that matter, on your toon.

You haven't even completed the current content.

I really dislike people who say this.

There are multiple reasons someone may have not cleared all the content yet; raid problems, time problems, heck, they might just not like the instance.

It's like in every "Wrath was too easy" thread where someone goes 'Light of Dawn or Bane of the Fallen King or GTFO'. Yes, those encounters were difficult, but there were MANY other things in Wrath that were far too easy.
85 Draenei Death Knight
03/03/2011 5:30 PMPosted by Shmegg

Everybody who will beat the instance as is, has beat the instance as is. Staring at a math problem you don't know how to do for 2 hours won't get you any closer then the first 5 minutes you looked at it.

False logic. I definitely have spent more than 2 hours working on a math problem that I didn't know how to do and got it right the next day in class. So, good try.
86 Draenei Death Knight
03/03/2011 5:30 PMPosted by Shmegg

False. My guild just started raiding and there is no reason to assume we can't down all the bosses as is, we just haven't gotten to it yet. 38 guilds have done the hardmode raids, are trying to tell me that all other guilds in WoW are unable to do so? Isn't it more probable that they just aren't there yet?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]