Firelands not in 4.1

(Locked)

03/03/2011 5:32 PMPosted by Vercinitrix
a lot of guild have done the raids and no longer have anything to do. now im not 100% on this but still why

because Blizz's own statistics are showing only a small percentage of guilds are clearing raid content and they want to wait for a significant number of other guilds to get there before releasing the next raid. Same thing happened with gladiator weapons which got put back because only a small percentage of the player base had acquired epic raid weapons.

This is what happens when you increase difficulty.

They should give a 30% so more people could clear the content.

Oh wait they did that and everyone %#*#!ed.

Can't have your cake and eat it too people.
85 Human Death Knight
03/03/2011 5:22 PMPosted by Lissancy
Obviously, they are looking at the numbers and seeing that most people haven't even come close to getting through the current raids.

I think the "Players aren't ready yet" is just an excuse for Blizzard not being ready yet -They won't have Firelands done in time, so their only options were to delay the raid or delay 4.1.

Players can experience content burnout without having cleared H Al'Akir. It's also likely that Firelands encounters on normal will be easier than the current encounters are on heroic, so players who've hit a wall would be able to progress again.

Cataclysm has less endgame content than any of the expansions before it. That players are upset to find out they aren't getting more shouldn't come as a surprise.
100 Blood Elf Warrior
Since I don't raid, this doesn't affect me much but I am sad to see that we're only getting 2 dungeons and not the 3 that I previously thought. >:
62 Night Elf Rogue
Minority hates it.

Majority is unaffected.

Not much to discuss here other then complaining that you or others have completed raid content quickly enough, and suffer the consequence for doing so. It's been this way for awhile now.
100 Draenei Paladin
Oh top guilds will QQ so hard, I can just see it now. I understand too, but again I'm kinda happy about it.

I was worried about my guild finishing current content before 4.1, now I don't have to be and when we do finish we can play around in hardmodes for a bit. I doubt 4.2 will be as long a wait as 4.1 has been either.
85 Human Priest
Does this mean we only have 2 raid tiers then? we only have 4.0/4.1/4.2/4.3 then new expac...wow fail!
85 Troll Death Knight
03/03/2011 5:34 PMPosted by Tial
False. My guild just started raiding and there is no reason to assume we can't down all the bosses as is, we just haven't gotten to it yet. 38 guilds have done the hardmode raids, are trying to tell me that all other guilds in WoW are unable to do so? Isn't it more probable that they just aren't there yet?

Why exactly are we waiting for hardmode raids to be cleared? While i've seen it before, and I know you didn't just make it up, it is still the most insanely stupid thing I have heard/read today that the basis of when people are ready is when they have done something that very few guilds even ATTEMPT to do. Of course most guilds haven't full cleared, thats because most guilds don't care about hardmodes!
03/03/2011 5:32 PMPosted by Kantheras

Well if they didn't bulldoze through all of the content then they would have something to do.

well thats what hardcore raiders do. bet u didnt know that.

Yes I know thats what they do. What Im trying to say is they only have themselves to be angry at for going through all the content so fast and not having anything to do.
85 Undead Warrior
03/03/2011 5:37 PMPosted by Shmegg
False. My guild just started raiding and there is no reason to assume we can't down all the bosses as is, we just haven't gotten to it yet. 38 guilds have done the hardmode raids, are trying to tell me that all other guilds in WoW are unable to do so? Isn't it more probable that they just aren't there yet?

Why exactly are we waiting for hardmode raids to be cleared? While i've seen it before, and I know you didn't just make it up, it is still the most insanely stupid thing I have heard/read today that the basis of when people are ready is when they have done something that very few guilds even ATTEMPT to do. Of course most guilds haven't full cleared, thats because most guilds don't care about hardmodes!
Most guilds that don't care about hard modes probably have yet to clear normal modes too.
85 Draenei Death Knight

Okay, then take hardmodes out of the picture. Wanna show me this majority of guilds that has cleared 12/12 normals?

Oh right, you can't. Just shut up already.
85 Goblin Mage

Agree - this current content is already boring.
86 Draenei Death Knight
Of course most guilds haven't full cleared, thats because most guilds don't care about hardmodes!

I don't think you know what most guilds care about. Still, only a handful of guilds have tried the heroic mode and there is no problem, in my opinion, with waiting to see if more can. Last week some group on Manno got the server first achievement for some hard mode encounter and I'm sure will be tackling more and there is no reason to think that other groups won't be doing the same.

If Blizz thinks that wait time is in order I trust their opinion more than yours. Sorry.
91 Undead Warlock
03/03/2011 5:30 PMPosted by Shmegg

Oh, so nerf it and then release new content? No, how about they leave it as is, let people learn the fight as it is, and then MAYBE they will do better in Firelands in 4.2. Nerfing content that has only JUST been patched into previous content does nobody any good.

Everybody who will beat the instance as is, has beat the instance as is. Staring at a math problem you don't know how to do for 2 hours won't get you any closer then the first 5 minutes you looked at it.

You are either an actual child, or so dispensable by the real world you have not nearly enough RL obligations to comprehend that most people cannot put unlimited amounts of time into this game to complete it as quickly as the fastest players can.
85 Troll Death Knight
Okay, then take hardmodes out of the picture. Wanna show me this majority of guilds that has cleared 12/12 normals?

Ok then, i'll explain this in simple terms then.
Do you know what hard means?

No really, do you?

Oh... you don't?

Ok then, well, it means difficult.

Now then, with that out of the way, the Difficult version of something isn't the regular version of something, is it? One would think that it would be you know... more difficult.... So, if it isn't the difficult version then it must be the regular version. Hmmmm.... soooo if the majority of actual raids guilds have cleared a regular raid, not done the 'extra credit' per say, then they HAVE done the raid. Have they not?

If I am taking a test and the last question if extra credit, optional, and I know I won't get it right, and I turn in the test without answering it, does that mean that I didn't do the test? One would think I did the test if I did the test and not the optional part. Oh, wait, do you think the optional part of something is the required part? Do we need to talk about what optional means next?

In closing, no, you shut up.
86 Draenei Death Knight

Hi. I like you. I covet your gear. Can I be you when I grow up?
90 Orc Shaman
I think it is fine as long as they hold to their word and make 4.1 come sooner and 4.2 come shortly there after. In fact, I think it would be the greatest thing ever if they could release a new dungeon and raid every 12-16 weeks, but have them staggered 6-8 weeks apart.
85 Goblin Mage

Everybody who will beat the instance as is, has beat the instance as is. Staring at a math problem you don't know how to do for 2 hours won't get you any closer then the first 5 minutes you looked at it.

You are either an actual child, or so dispensable by the real world you have not nearly enough RL obligations to comprehend that most people cannot put unlimited amounts of time into this game to complete it as quickly as the fastest players can.

You act as if the current raids will disappear once a new raid emerges....if you move slower, fine, stay with your current progress level until you get to the new raid. People who have cleared the current content (Heroic or normal) will have nothing to do while we wait for the content...while those that may happen to move slower can still choose to remain at their progression point.
91 Undead Warlock
03/03/2011 5:31 PMPosted by Ironstout
But this is going to piss off a lot of the top guilds

Well if they didn't bulldoze through all of the content then they would have something to do.
83 Human Rogue
I said earlier already but who says that 4.2 is some far far away patch and not in 2.5 months. They said they will be releasing content more frequently as it is ready so why is it a big deal if they choose to release new 5 mans sooner than new raids if it means we get new 5 mans sooner.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]