Firelands not in 4.1

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Warrior

Well if they didn't bulldoze through all of the content then they would have something to do.

Haha, this makes no sense. The reason top guilds "bulldoze" through content is because they can. What are they supposed to do?

"Alright guys, this week we only want to down 2 bosses because we don't want to get bored in a few months, okay?"

Come on, limiting yourself so the content is new in the upcoming months is just silly.

[edit]

Actually, not limiting yourself but everyone in your guild.
Edited by Einchy on 3/3/2011 5:49 PM PST
90 Undead Warlock

You are either an actual child, or so dispensable by the real world you have not nearly enough RL obligations to comprehend that most people cannot put unlimited amounts of time into this game to complete it as quickly as the fastest players can.

You act as if the current raids will disappear once a new raid emerges....if you move slower, fine, stay with your current progress level until you get to the new raid. People who have cleared the current content (Heroic or normal) will have nothing to do while we wait for the content...while those that may happen to move slower can still choose to remain at their progression point.

I actually don't agree with Blizzard's reasoning, for the reason you just described. However, the guy I quoted implied that, if players can't keep up with the fastest portion of the playerbase, the content should just be trivialized for them so that that smallllll leading edge can constantly enjoy new things. THAT is incredibly juvenile.

Basically, the best solution would be to just release Firelands, and let players play at their own rate, as you suggested. Since Blizzard has apparently taken that off the table, though, the next best choice is to delay the release of content, not to regularly trivialize it to keep shoving new tiers out at a breakneck pace.
85 Draenei Death Knight
Okay, then take hardmodes out of the picture. Wanna show me this majority of guilds that has cleared 12/12 normals?

Oh right, you can't. Just shut up already.

Ok then, i'll explain this in simple terms then.
Do you know what hard means?

No really, do you?

Oh... you don't?

Ok then, well, it means difficult.

Now then, with that out of the way, the Difficult version of something isn't the regular version of something, is it? One would think that it would be you know... more difficult.... So, if it isn't the difficult version then it must be the regular version. Hmmmm.... soooo if the majority of actual raids guilds have cleared a regular raid, not done the 'extra credit' per say, then they HAVE done the raid. Have they not?

If I am taking a test and the last question if extra credit, optional, and I know I won't get it right, and I turn in the test without answering it, does that mean that I didn't do the test? One would think I did the test if I did the test and not the optional part. Oh, wait, do you think the optional part of something is the required part? Do we need to talk about what optional means next?

In closing, no, you shut up.

I said take hardmodes out of the picture. The day that you send me a piece of paper with the majority of guilds having downed 12/12 normal, which can be the "test" and hardmodes can be the "extra credit" is the day firelands will be released with 4.1. Until then, shut up, because you clearly missed it.

I hope you enjoyed typing out all that sarcasm at me like I'm stupid, when you're the one who missed the reading comprehension that says "leave hardmodes out of it." Begone, troll.

Edit: Just to clarify, I even bolded the part where I said leave hard modes out of it.

I'd like to just point to the bold/italics part here at the end as well. Majority of guilds have done the raid? I think not, because on my server there's MAYBE 5 guilds total, and I think its closer to 3, who have done 12/12.
Edited by Joolz on 3/3/2011 5:53 PM PST
85 Human Priest
03/03/2011 5:48 PMPosted by Pocketbegone
I said earlier already but who says that 4.2 is some far far away patch and not in 2.5 months. They said they will be releasing content more frequently as it is ready so why is it a big deal if they choose to release new 5 mans sooner than new raids if it means we get new 5 mans sooner.

it means less raiding content. 4.1 i supposed to be a raiding content. unless theres a raid coming out that i dont know of. 4.2 s NEWpathc not 4.1 its 4.2 so we're losing a whole tier. hellll no. Deathwing is at 4.3 just tells me blizz got lazy and has ran out of ideas
85 Undead Priest
My only concern is why is this still 4.1? If it's not releasing a new raid it shouldn't be counted as a major content patch, at least imo.

Make this patch 4.0.8 or something and I could care less.
85 Troll Death Knight
I said take hardmodes out of the picture. The day that you send me a piece of paper with the majority of guilds having downed 12/12 normal, which can be the "test" and hardmodes can be the "extra credit" is the day firelands will be released with 4.1. Until then, shut up, because you clearly missed it.

I hope you enjoyed typing out all that sarcasm at me like I'm stupid, when you're the one who missed the reading comprehension that says "leave hardmodes out of it." Begone, troll.

The majority of guilds don't have to clear it. The majority of legitimate raid guilds have to. The point isn't whether we think that they have or haven't. It is that Blizzard shouldn't be basing it off of the extra credit when they should be basing it off of the content that they prepared. The reason they started with the new gen of raids is because they disliked that they put so much work into sunwell with very few people seeing it. Doing the raid on regular is seeing the raid, they are just getting carried away with how many people they want doing the raids now.
Community Manager
We'd appreciate everyone checking out the new sticky and keeping discussion on this topic consolidated in that thread.

Thanks!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2179759307
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]