Patch 4.1/4.2 Content

Community Manager
By now you’ve seen that the redesigned Heroic five-player dungeon versions of Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub are on the PTR, featuring all-new boss mechanics, updated epic-level loot, and some rare mounts for players to try to tame.

You may be asking, "where's Firelands?”

Our goal with each major patch release, and especially with each expansion, is to learn from the past and use that knowledge to improve the game as we move forward. One of our biggest regrets in the pacing of Wrath of the Lich King was the Crusaders' Coliseum. The Trial of the Champion 10- and 25-player raid was released while many raiders were still busy with Ulduar, which meant a premature end to Ulduar raiding -- and a lot of players didn't get a chance to experience all of Ulduar's content during the normal expansion progression.

Having learned that lesson in pacing from Wrath of the Lich King, we don’t feel Cataclysm needs a new raid tier just yet. We’re close, though, and Firelands will be part of patch 4.2, which is expected to hit the PTR very soon after 4.1 goes live.

One of our long-standing development goals has been to release more regular content updates for you to enjoy. Our plan is to package features like raids, dungeons, and daily quest hubs into smaller content updates and release them as soon as possible, rather than wait and release them as large but infrequent updates. Our first significant step in this direction will be Cataclysm patch 4.1, and we hope the rest of our content updates moving forward follow this model.

This new flexible approach to updates allows us to release content like Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub so that you'll have more challenges to overcome while we make the flames of Sulfuron even fierier and this second showdown with the Firelord even more climactic.

While we know that some raiders feel prepared to smack down the Firelord once again, releasing an epic raid dungeon before its time would, in the words of Ragnaros himself, be "too soon!"
90 Undead Warlock

While we know that some raiders feel prepared to smack down the Firelord once again, releasing an epic raid dungeon before its time would, in the words of Ragnaros himself, be "too soon!"

Well played, sir.
Edited by Voidsoul on 3/3/2011 5:55 PM PST
85 Draenei Paladin
Thanks for the update Bashiok. I thought that the next raid was coming out way too soon.
85 Troll Death Knight
Are you basing your idea of how many guilds should have done it off of hardmodes or regular? (Please be the latter)
Edited by Shmegg on 3/3/2011 5:59 PM PST
85 Worgen Warrior
Yaye a boring filler before real raid content.
Edited by Avenzoar on 3/3/2011 5:58 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Bashiok, this was already posted.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2179759263?page=1

/wink
85 Undead Warrior
I wanna play it. ._.
85 Human Death Knight
As long as this actually brings five-man content and daily quest hubs faster and more frequently, this is awesome.
86 Draenei Death Knight
03/03/2011 5:53 PMPosted by Bashiok

Nicely done sir, nicely done.
85 Orc Death Knight
03/03/2011 5:57 PMPosted by Deathlystale
wth? we lose a whole raid tier!? im out bye quitting now. gl to u all

Illiterate players such as yourself will not be missed.
22 Tauren Warrior
This might be the final nail in the coffin for me.

Giving us recycled content along side new content is a good move. However releasing it on it's own is just downright lazy and shows the direction Blizzard is going.

I've never said I would quit over a patch but this one might just be enough to make me move on to other adventures.
14 Worgen Hunter
inb4 people who haven't cleared current raid content complain they aren't getting more raid content that they won't clear
85 Undead Hunter
Inb4 QQ.

I enjoy this plan.
85 Draenei Death Knight
So with 4.1 I can look forward to running 2 "new-old" heroics that I've already done a thousand times, for 353 gear that I don't need at all.

That won't get boring at all

Sounds like Activision just wants people to go play Rift or something.

Sorry that your guild is 12/12 hardmode and you have nothing to do. I'm sure that you are hiding your amazing pixels from us by posting on this 58 alt death knight.

Clearly you don't understand why they're doing this. People aren't 12/12 normal. This is like people whiping all day on Garr in MC and them releasing BWL. It makes NO sense.
85 Tauren Paladin
Lucky break for me. I've been spending all of patch 4.0.6 doing PvP and haven't started raids yet

With the changes that Patch 4.1 bring to my spec (I'm prot, through and through), I won't be doing PvP anymore so that makes it a perfect time to do raids again.
Always nice to see a bright side to things.
85 Draenei Paladin
03/03/2011 5:57 PMPosted by Deathlystale
wth? we lose a whole raid tier!? im out bye quitting now. gl to u all

Who said that? I don't see that being said ANYWHERE in Bashiok's post.

It just means the next raiding tiers will be implemented later.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]