Patch 4.1/4.2 Content

85 Goblin Death Knight

Says the person that hasn't played it on PTR.. *rolls eye* Have you even see the videos on ptr...it looks like the same toast to me. OMG it's in different wrapping.

Yes, Yes I have, and the poison labyrith boss is bloody brilliant.

Have you seen it? Perhaps not.

Its still 5 man and I have no reason to go there other than on my Druid Alt if I really want to play him after the patch.......(highly unlikely)

You're basically telling the raiders to F off and it doesn't matter that we are better players. I know my guildies and myself aren't the best players but we're at least we're getting what we need to get done, done. We will have all current normal mode content down before 4.1 and be bored for however long it takes for 4.1 to come out.
85 Tauren Paladin
Does it hurt because I am speaking the truth? When you get 12/12 then you have a valid gripe about wanting more. But until then, you are just crying and whining. You haven't seen the story after downing Cho'gall have you?

Hilarious that I have not seen one person 12/12 yet complaining.

ORLY?

I honestly am a bit worried that I won't have enough to do during the "in-between" time of 4.1 and 4.2.
*EDIT* Apparently I missed a blue post in the reading. 4.2, makes me happy.
My bigger question is whether or not the JP/VP conversion will occur in 4.1 or 4.2.
Edited by Leetbramadin on 3/3/2011 7:31 PM PST
85 Night Elf Rogue
Could everyone who is complaining about Firelands not being included in 4.1 take the time to think through this?

Imagine for a second that Blizzard didn't use their current patch number convention for major patches and instead had a new patch number for every hotfix and client patch. By now we'd probably be on 4.1000. So imagine that ZA/ZG gets released in 4.1100 and Firelands gets released three weeks later (I'm pulling the timing out of thin air here.) as patch 4.1300. Would a difference of 200 patches be as big of a deal?

If that's still a problem then what would be a good difference in patch numbers? 200? 100? 10? 1? The real issue some people are threatening to quit over is the difference in time, but then is a couple of weeks or a month or two really worth quitting over?

"OMG NEW RIAD DIN COME OUT THIS WEAK I"M QUITTIN"
85 Goblin Warlock
Honestly, I can't help but feel disapointed.
You've been shouting since blizzcon about patch 4.1 and now it suddenly changes its contents. This decisions should've been announced weeks ago, just look at the world's 10m progression in raids. Just now people started facing sinestra. Just a while ago you guys realized how uber hard valiona and theralion was on heroic 10m.
Part of this is still the result of the poor beta testing.

And then you see skills being nerfed weeks ago just to be buffed on this next patch. You can't help but think that a lot of people who took care of wow are now taking care of other projects...
100 Blood Elf Mage
Possibly the best news I have heard for a long time. I would agree that it is indeed too soon!

Seeing as you will be working on firelands for longer.... can we loose the Rag legs? I think it would be a shame to change such an iconic character in such a drastic way. It would mean a whole lot my guild who has come together under the title of the Molten Core Swim Team as we use Rag as our mascot.
85 Troll Shaman
So learning from WotLK was the fact that ICC was out for an entire year as the only content considered a success? I don't think I have ever disliked more than that period of time with nothing added (Halion meh doesn't really count as it was not a new tier more of a premier to Cataclysm story line boss). 12 months was just way way to long to be sitting at a single tier to me. Please tell me that isn't the model that will be adapted for Cataclysm although it would be great to know for decision purposes.
Edited by Hardcream on 3/3/2011 7:29 PM PST
90 Night Elf Druid

Says the person that hasn't played it on PTR.. *rolls eye* Have you even see the videos on ptr...it looks like the same toast to me. OMG it's in different wrapping.

I'm worried I'm going to be sick of the new stuff while it's on PTR still. I'm actually hesitant to do ZA now because I ran ZG so many times over such a short span (just because it was something new).

I feel like I'm having to ration content and that's not how I want to feel when I play an MMO, especially one with as big a suscriber base (and presumably budget) as this one. It should be content rich - more current stuff than I could dream of doing, and not so content poor that aside from the raids I have to choose between finding stuff from the past I didn't do or doing something from the current content for the 10th or 20th or 50th time (seriously, I don't even know why I do the TB dailies anymore - I've collected about 400 TB commendations total so far just on this character (probably about 600 total) and done most of the quests at least a dozen times).
85 Goblin Death Knight
Could everyone who is complaining about Firelands not being included in 4.1 take the time to think through this?

Imagine for a second that Blizzard didn't use their current patch number convention for major patches and instead had a new patch number for every hotfix and client patch. By now we'd probably be on 4.1000. So imagine that ZA/ZG gets released in 4.1100 and Firelands gets released three weeks later (I'm pulling the timing out of thin air here.) as patch 4.1300. Would a difference of 200 patches be as big of a deal?

If that's still a problem then what would be a good difference in patch numbers? 200? 100? 10? 1? The real issue some people are threatening to quit over is the difference in time, but then is a couple of weeks or a month or two really worth quitting over?

The problem is its a "major content patch" and all it is are 2 rehashed 5 mans. There's nothing worth doing for the average raider
90 Tauren Death Knight

Doesn't make any sense. If the new raid was coming out SO SOON they would just post-pone the five mans that no one is going to do and roll it into Firelands. They won't release 4.1 then a week later oops time for 4.2. Several months of waiting.
90 Human Priest
I am greatly disappointed at this announcement. I do not want to farm maelstrom crystals until 4.2 which is what you are doing with the new heroics.
85 Tauren Paladin

Its still 5 man and I have no reason to go there other than on my Druid Alt if I really want to play him after the patch.......(highly unlikely)

You're basically telling the raiders to F off and it doesn't matter that we are better players. I know my guildies and myself aren't the best players but we're at least we're getting what we need to get done, done. We will have all current normal mode content down before 4.1 and be bored for however long it takes for 4.1 to come out.

Then do the heroic content.
Edited by Faonu on 3/3/2011 7:32 PM PST
90 Draenei Shaman
Blizzard operates the largest most successful MMO in the world. I am not sure what lesson you think you learned but deviating from the successful plan seems illogical.

Becouse they know "successful formulas" can be improved upon. If blizz not modified raiding formula we would not have heroics/reg tier raid.
85 Draenei Priest
If Blizzard gated T11 like they should've, this would be moot and no one would mind the wait for T12. I won't buy another expansion without gating, as the rush was just horribly unfun, and not something I can ever go through again. I hope the next expansion ships with gating.

That said, delaying T12 makes sense. I just think it's treating a symptom not the disease, and the disease was not gating.

I agree with you, but historically there's always been this large group of people who complained about gating. It's one of those issues where you really have to see both sides before it's really clear. It's obvious now that it should have been gated, but had it been gated at release, players may have felt shortchanged.
85 Tauren Death Knight
Not sure how I feel about this...actually, I am quite worried. Honestly, I do not raid primarily for gear or even mechanics; my driving force is the lore.

A big reason I haven't done much 4.0 raiding is that I just don't care enough about the enemies to pursue them. Finally killing Arthas and watching Bolvir become the LK was worth all the wipes in ICC. The D'jinn...turned some cats to stone or something? 4.0 raids just seem to much like loot pinatas to me. To me, 4.0 raiding is almost as bad as TOC; not in terms of mechanics or itemization, but in terms of lore.

The Firelands should reignite the passion to raid. Give us a scary enemy again. I have high hopes for this raid...but it's not the raid I really want. What I really want is a Deathwing-lore-loaded CoT raid where we take part in the War of the Ancients. I saw this happening in 4.2 - between Firelands and 'Deathwing Raid' - but this post makes it seem that Firelands will take up 4.2.

If the CoT raid has been canned, I will be disappointed because there's so much potential for a unique raid there (more so than Firelands, anyways). At present, my hope is that the Firelands and the War of Ancients raid are both included in 4.2.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]