Patch 4.1/4.2 Content

85 Blood Elf Paladin
People are over-reacting

4.1 is some major changes and some new dungeons.

This is filler content, yes, for the top end guilds who want to raise alts, or those mediocre guilds catching up- it gives more time.

We're not losing a raid tier, it's just delayed a little - They want to give us an amazing raid instance.

I would personally like to see Raids on the scale of MC/BWL/Naxx - with plenty of bosses to sink one's teeth into. If they're delivering a raid instance on that scale, then no one will be complaining that it's delayed a little.

Unless you're Paragon/Premonition/One of those guilds, there's PLENTY for you to do still. If you can't find something to do, cancel subscription til the new raid tier comes out? Seems logical.

I think some of the people in this thread are over reacting.
70 Worgen Warrior
So is the next patch not even going to have the Abyssal Maw that I had kept reading about? Even then that's supposed to be a 5 man right? I'm just curious.
25 Blood Elf Priest
03/03/2011 7:28 PMPosted by Attilian
The problem is its a "major content patch" and all it is are 2 rehashed 5 mans. There's nothing worth doing for the average raider

Just to make the point as others have that the true 'average raider' may not be finished with the current tier. It's a valid point though one you may neither agree with or like.
85 Goblin Warlock
For all those raid problems, patch info, buffs and nerfs on skills, we can only say 3 words:
lack of test.
Edited by Ununseptium on 3/3/2011 7:44 PM PST
90 Human Death Knight
patch 4.2 isn't due for another 2 months.

that's May.

Wrath came out in november and ulduar came out in april.

Cata came out in December and new heroics come out in may with a new raid probably in july.

Something about that doesn't sit well with me.
85 Tauren Death Knight
People are over-reacting
We're not losing a raid tier, it's just delayed a little - They want to give us an amazing raid instance.

It sounds to me like, yes, we are actually losing a Cata raid tier. To be precise, the 'War of the Ancients' raid tier.
78 Dwarf Shaman

Which one is recycled?

Either you didnt try them on the ptrs or you originally never did them..... or you are just a raging fanboi who is completely blind to what recycled content actually looks like.

Sticking a new boss in the same room that you have been in dozens if not hundreds of times does not new content make.
14 Worgen Hunter
People are over-reacting

It sounds to me like, yes, we are actually losing a Cata raid tier. To be precise, the 'War of the Ancients' raid tier.

So whats the difference if they call firelands 4.2, war of the ancients 4.3, and deathwing 4.4..and if you read the article they said they want to try to get away from big monolithic patches. People are jumping to conclusions and spouting the infamous "i've played for 6 years and now I'm cancelling" because as usual, people love to hear themselves complain about something.
85 Gnome Priest
So this arena season is going to be thirty million years long just like season 8 GREAT! FREAKING GREAT!
25 Blood Elf Priest
03/03/2011 7:14 PMPosted by Zambos
If Firelands is actually a step up in difficulty, and if it's tuned around the (currently) best gear, only the most progressed would shift to it, no? That many are still progressing through T11 wouldn't really be a problem; they'd simply continue progressing through T11. It's okay that they're "not ready," isn't it? That's progression.

I have to admire your optimism. I think a more likely scenario is that people would abandon the current tier pretty much immediately, fail at Firelands and then flood the forums complaining about how Blizz only creates content for elites.

I could be wrong. Don't think so, though.
Edited by Moanshadow on 3/3/2011 7:50 PM PST
100 Night Elf Priest
Hi. I'm 12/12. I got it weeks ago. First tier was a bit too hard for beginners. 'Nuff said.

Really disappointed that Firelands isn't coming, but I kind of knew the moment I read about the recycling of ZA/ZG.

Btw, I'm sick of recycling. I know the fights are new, that's not the point. You don't remember the dungeon based on *how* you killed boss X, you only remember killing boss X in X dungeon. For me, it's a repeat.

I'll reinforce that so I don't get attacked: Even when I beat the recycled dungeon, I won't feel the same way that I did the first time I beat it. That's why recycling is bad.

At least Rift's been fun for the past week.
85 Night Elf Druid
Speaking as a raid / guild leader for a semi hardcore guild.

This doesn't bother me at all. Its more of a relief then anything. True I have all the normal modes down, but I want a bit more time to get some HM's down before going to a brand new everything. My raid is 1/13 HM and we only raid two days a week for 6 hours total. I at least want to have the ability to wipe on Sinestra before the next tier.

Honestly this is great news. (And I don't care what anyone says. ZG / ZA is not recycled content. At all.)
Edited by Isley on 3/3/2011 7:51 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]