Patch 4.1/4.2 Content

85 Goblin Mage
Really blizz? Really?
85 Worgen Rogue
One of our biggest regrets in the pacing of Wrath of the Lich King was the Crusaders' Coliseum.
(emphasis added)

While the pacing was bad too, I'd have to say that Crusader's Coliseum as a whole should be a very clear sign of what you should never ever again do. A single 5-boss, 2-room instance constituting an entire tier of raid content that dropped only 8 unique armor set models (and only 4 per faction) is utterly appalling. The only thing arguably worse than that was following it up with nearly a YEAR spent in ICC.

I hope the company has learned some more lessons from Wrath of the Lich King with respect to end game content, besides merely the slower pacing of raids.
85 Worgen Rogue
03/03/2011 11:37 PMPosted by Vigîlånçè
Those people who say "We've killed 12/12 so were done, not going to do heroics cause there the same rubbish", Are only fooling themselves. There a good challenge and hell, if you can down at least a good chunk of the heroic bosses before 4.2 is released, you'll be able to walk IMMEDIATELY into Firelands, instead of sitting there waiting for people to re-farm Valor and kill all those "Same bosses" again and again, to buy 379 pieces to then have the gear to start killing Normal mode Firelands.

My guild will be immediately walking into normal mode Firelands anyway. It won't require all 372's. That'd be idiotic, because the vast majority of 10-player only guilds cannot currently down every heroic mode boss without already having the gear from running the same fight on 25-player mode through class-stacking. Blizzard isn't going to release a new level of raid content that only the top 5-10% of their population can even START.

Additionally, "heroic modes" of normal content are not new content. The fact that I have to go back and wipe on the same boss I've steamrolled over and over, this time simply because someone flipped the "this place is hard!" switch, is not as enjoyable as downing a new boss for the first time.

My guild got our first Nefarian kill tonight, and it felt really good. But instead of cheering about going on to new content, we're mostly just groaning that the only place left to get upgrades is from ramming our faces into the wall on Heroic just to see the same bunch of pixels fall over.
85 Draenei Shaman
Serevok approves of this plan.

I think it's an excellent idea and would like to see it continue, however I would hope that it would be with more major content patches. E.G. 4.1 the trolls, 4.2 Firelands, 4.3 new daily hub, 4.4 Old God raid 4.5 revamp of zones according to how the expansion has moved forward/new BG, 4.6 Deathwing.

I'm a raider. In fact, I log into WoW three times a week now, for raid nights. However I am far from the only type of player and am happy to see a more even spread of content for the entire player base.

Once again, very happy with this. GJ Blizzard.

EDIT: Chefs hat on my Avatar. I win.
Edited by Serevok on 3/4/2011 1:47 AM PST
85 Night Elf Druid
I feel bad for the hardcore guilds that have the current raid tier completed and/or working on hard modes.
85 Tauren Hunter
03/04/2011 1:53 AMPosted by Benjimahn
I feel bad for the hardcore guilds that have the current raid tier completed and/or working on hard modes.

maybe it will give them a chance to enjoy some sunshine and interact with a RL female without using vent lol
85 Night Elf Druid
03/04/2011 1:59 AMPosted by Almightyone

maybe it will give them a chance to enjoy some sunshine and interact with a RL female without using vent lol

Your point is solid.
85 Tauren Hunter
03/04/2011 1:10 AMPosted by Supercute
wth? we lose a whole raid tier!? im out bye quitting now. gl to u all

hey didn't we kick you out of the guild because you're really bad?

ahahaha WIN :)
85 Human Death Knight
I understand the reason for excluding Firelands from the upcoming patch. But what bugs me is what the patch IS introducing and what it's seemingly lacking.

Right now, I find myself logging on pretty much only for raids and the occasional arena with friends. To me, there's no point in trying to obtain more gold through dailies, crafting, etc. because the amount of gold can easily sustain me with the playing that I do do.

Our guild is progressing through the current content and if a new raid were to be released, we definitely wouldn't be starting it anytime soon. But with the patch only introducing two heroics, which don't even have the same level of gear as the raids, what's the point?
85 Dwarf Warrior
03/04/2011 1:42 AMPosted by Soreni
My guild will be immediately walking into normal mode Firelands anyway. It won't require all 372's. That'd be idiotic, because the vast majority of 10-player only guilds cannot currently down every heroic mode boss without already having the gear from running the same fight on 25-player mode through class-stacking. Blizzard isn't going to release a new level of raid content that only the top 5-10% of their population can even START.

You misunderstand my post...

With valor points, you will be able to buy 379 gear, and you can either obtain that by going back and re-farming the stuff you've "Steamrolled over and over", AGAIN or by doing your daily Heroic (ZG/ZA version gives 140 valor on PTR atm). And you can buy 359 with Justice points.

If you wanted to be comfortably geared for the this first tier of raiding it would be suggested that you were in mostly 346 heroic/Justice Points gear and crafted epics/BoE/Archaeology epics.

So hence it'll take the next step up .. Sure you could go into Firelands with full 359, but it'll be much harder then if you had a few 379 pieces bought from the valor vendor, just like the normal modes were made a bit easier with the extra stat boosts from crafted/valor/BoE/Arch epics. So instead of spending the next 6 weeks raging about how your not getting new content or no new raids for ages. Go into the Hard Modes, YES i know it's not "NEW' content, what i said was that it was Challenging/engaging/fun and to add, in some cases a new mechanic can make the fight much more interesting, aka. Chimaeron(Tanking fued phases), Halfus (All buffs at once and lots of dragons). Sure there's some like Maloriak where it's just a HP boost and a few more adds, and annoyingly yes, there not going to be more fun or engaging, but some are fantastic.
And like what my original point was, if you get heaps of 372 gear, it'll only make Firelands an easier transition and you might have less cases of Oom's and intensely close enrage timers, and tanks dying due to lack of HP/avoidance.

In the end it's all stipulation. Im just basing what Firelands gear req's might be based off the req's that were for this current tier. You might be quite right and full 359 will be easily enough to down the initial encounters without much grief. We'll find out once 4.1 is out and 4.2 with Firelands gets on the PTR I guess.
90 Tauren Druid
To be honest, im not ready for Firelands. I guess its just me being a bit selfish and not having finished the current raid content yet.
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
I just wanted to say as a pretty casual raider that I agree with the decision.

My guild is still stuck on Nefarian and Al'Akir in normal modes. We don't feel we should be wiping away on Hard Modes yet since we technically haven't cleared all of the normal content, and the thought of Firelands coming out in the next few weeks seems incredibly too fast to the point of being silly.

Most of the general population hasn't killed any of the end raid bosses.

I'm actually kind of relieved to see them willing to make the difficult decision to hold back instead of moving on like they did with Naxx 40, Sunwell and ToC with Ulduar. I'm also looking forward to the more patches with less content each idea. If they can balance it out right, we'll see more lore-related content more often - so the story could progress better, and see the new tiers as simply larger stepping stones. I think it will make the world seem a bit more progressive and alive as well as keep those damn patch downloads from being 2+gb.

85 Orc Death Knight
Ok, so it's official then... patch 4.1 has been announced sooner (i.e. way before it's even close to be finished) because of Rift's early launch. So, because of it, we will now get half of a major patch and when you actually finish it, we will get the other half (patch 4.2).

You know, I get it. It's just business, baby.

I do not want a new raid just yet, I don't... but I don't like being called a fool either. Please don't insult us with this lame "too soon" excuse to not include a raid in a major patch. If it's not a major patch, don't freaking announce it as a major patch.
85 Goblin Mage
I really don't necessarily disagree with this change, but I don't like it.

If this turns into another 6-12 month thing like it was in Wrath I'm going to go crazy.

We do not want to raid the same content for 6-12 months. Who cares if most guilds haven't hit hard modes yet? They're hard modes. My guild hasn't even hit hard modes yet and honestly I couldn't care less if firelands came out next week. I like this tier's bosses, but the pass/fail mechanics just make it plain frustrating.

Even without the punishing pass/fail mechanics, we don't want to raid 6-12 months on -Anything-. Hopefully you guys realize this after ICC.
85 Undead Rogue
You know, I was angry about this, but the way Bashiok explained it makes sense. I'll be content with my 110% movespeed Stealth for now.
85 Blood Elf Mage
So to all the people in the other ZG/ZA threads saying, "4.1 isn't finished yet, stop complaining about recycled old content, and Bliz isn't going to release JUST those two instances in a content patch", we get to say LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]