Patch 4.1/4.2 Content

85 Human Priest
The next announcement will be that the new 5 man will not be in 4.1. All we will get is the 2 rehashed troll instances. Another obvious sign that this patch is being massively hurried to hopefully stem the tide of all the cancellations.

But in my opinion it may have the opposite effect.

The best part is they don't wanna put in time and resources into creating normal modes for those instances. LOL

This is after they said, there weren't enough normal modes at max level.
Thank you.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I wanted to experience everything that Cata had to offer, so I started this toon new in 4.0 from level 1, in hopes of making them my new main. Since I can't play an extensive number of hours like some of the crazies out there, I knew that chances were good of my missing the first raid tier entirely, but I wanted to try it anyway.
I was just a couple bubbles from 84 a week ago, and as of typing this, I still am - nutso real life happened, and my playtime suddenly became super scarce. And then the 4.1 announcement came. I figured by the time I got to 85, I might have enough time to get *almost* geared for raiding 4.0 stuff by the time 4.1 dropped - so close, and yet so far. This delay in the arrival of the firelands raid might just give me the breathing room I need to get at least a taste of the current raid content before the next chapter!
85 Goblin Death Knight

Sorry that your guild is 12/12 hardmode and you have nothing to do. I'm sure that you are hiding your amazing pixels from us by posting on this 58 alt death knight.

Clearly you don't understand why they're doing this. People aren't 12/12 normal. This is like people whiping all day on Garr in MC and them releasing BWL. It makes NO sense.

Hmmm... this smells like a vote for making content more accessible again.

You see how this works hardcore people? You would get more content too if you didn't want them to make this game inaccessible to anybody but the best players. Now they've done that with Cata. You've made your bed, now you gotta sleep in it.

No this is a plea to give the raiders a bone. I can tell you that they are going to:

1) not give us a raid in the next patch
2) Nerf the crap out of current content

So 2 kicks to the crotch to the raider. I pretty much only play on Raid nights and with no sense of urgency to down the remaining 3 bosses, I'm not in any hurry now.
85 Goblin Rogue
So with 4.1 I can look forward to running 2 "new-old" heroics that I've already done a thousand times, for 353 gear that I don't need at all.

That won't get boring at all

Sounds like Activision just wants people to go play Rift or something.

Sorry that your guild is 12/12 hardmode and you have nothing to do. I'm sure that you are hiding your amazing pixels from us by posting on this 58 alt death knight.

Clearly you don't understand why they're doing this. People aren't 12/12 normal. This is like people whiping all day on Garr in MC and them releasing BWL. It makes NO sense.

I understand the REASON they say they are doing this, but lets face it- This is a subscription service and I'd like to think that my subscription dollars are pushing forward my access to additional content regardless of how much of the old stuff I've seen.

I'd be mad as hell if Maxim sent me a letter saying, "Hey, we noticed you didn't finish reading February's issue, so we're holding off March's until your done. We're doing this FOR YOUR BENEFIT."
90 Orc Death Knight
Can we have more news about War of the Ancients Raid now pls (i has cookies)?
85 Troll Shaman
Blizzard... Thank you. This is a step in the right direction. A HUGE step. (in my opinion) I want you to know this. My worries of how the next tier is all that matters has been alleviated for the majority.

Edit: to all those crying out in anger about the push back of the next tier... (besides a good number of you are in blues)... This is a chance for them to fix MANY THINGS, classes are only the half of it. This is a chance for them to attend to graphics, gameplay, new features, APPEARANCE TAB, and many other things that I dare not dream of... (...dance studio...?)
Edited by Panadyne on 3/4/2011 6:56 AM PST
85 Gnome Priest
I can't wait to try these new dungeons.

I played up to 57 as a druid in BC and never completed a dungeon. I resubbed in January and have never had a chance to do these dungeons. In addition I can't wait to get my heroic gear upgraded as I am in a small guild with virtually no hope of raiding unless I somehow find a group willing to take me on as a PUG with no experience with the instances.
85 Troll Druid
Hope this doesnt get lost in all the replies.

Im of two minds about not seeing a new raid. My guild is presently on 10/12 normal modes but it is coming up to six months since Cata release without further raid content makes me raise an eyebrow.

I actually think that the Nef and Chogall fight are over tuned compared with the rest of the encounters and if it werent for those fights we would have had all the normal encounters on farm by now and thus ready for next tier of raiding.

I hope this isnt another penny pinching issue resulting from the Activision take over.

85 Goblin Rogue

Edit: to all those crying out in anger about the push back of the next tier... (besides a good number of you are in blues)... This is a chance for them to fix MANY THINGS, classes are only the half of it. This is a chance for them to attend to graphics, gameplay, new features, APPEARANCE TAB, and many other things that I dare not dream of... (...dance studio...?)

My gear a sight better than yours and I don't think you understand why people in blues are upset about this.

A new raid tier means they will trivialize the LAST raid tier. It means casuals get to upgrade their gear from pug raids and justice points again. It means guilds faltering on a particular boss can move on. It means guilds that are developing attendance issues to raids due to lack of interest can get some rejuvenation.

It pushes the game forward for a large number of players. No one cares they aren't as uber as the person standing beside them in Org... however, they DO CARE that they haven't upgraded their character in a month. Just like I DON'T CARE a hard mode raider's gear is several points higher than mine, I DO CARE that right now this game isn't fun enough to justify alting at all. I DO CARE that dungeons queues are as long as they are because tanks don't need any gear from heroics, and the rewards from points are a joke.

I AM SO TIRED of this horsepoop attitude Blizzard has developed about hardmodes and world firsts and punishing the population based off of the accomplishments of the hardest working guilds. It's worked on 2 people I know in WoW- those 2 people really care about top 500 guilds, and server progression. Everyone else I know just wants to log on, kill 1 additional boss per week, and have fun.

I WOULD HAVE NEVER HEARD ABOUT PARAGON, OR CARED ABOUT PARAGON, IF BLIZZARD HADN'T MENTIONED THEM IN A POST.

YOU'VE SACRIFICED FUN IN THE NAME OF E-SPORT RAIDING AND FORGOT THE KEY ELEMENT OF WHY YOUR FANS FELL IN LOVE WITH YOU IN THE PROCESS: EVERYONE SHOULD BE HAVING FUN AND ENJOYING AN ADDICTIVE GAME.

THIS DOES NOT DESCRIBE WORLD OF WARCRAFT ANY MORE.

CAPS CAPS CAPS CAPS

90 Orc Warlock
I have a very serious question (the biggest question on mine and every guildies mind):

Are you going to fix the overtuning for 10man hardmodes? We were promised equality and we have not received it. 10mans WILL DIE OUT if you continue to release new content without addressing balance issues.
85 Tauren Druid
By now you’ve seen that the redesigned Heroic five-player dungeon versions of Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub are on the PTR, featuring all-new boss mechanics, updated epic-level loot, and some rare mounts for players to try to tame.

You may be asking, "where's Firelands?”

Our goal with each major patch release, and especially with each expansion, is to learn from the past and use that knowledge to improve the game as we move forward. One of our biggest regrets in the pacing of Wrath of the Lich King was the Crusaders' Coliseum. The Trial of the Champion 10- and 25-player raid was released while many raiders were still busy with Ulduar, which meant a premature end to Ulduar raiding -- and a lot of players didn't get a chance to experience all of Ulduar's content during the normal expansion progression.

Having learned that lesson in pacing from Wrath of the Lich King, we don’t feel Cataclysm needs a new raid tier just yet. We’re close, though, and Firelands will be part of patch 4.2, which is expected to hit the PTR very soon after 4.1 goes live.

One of our long-standing development goals has been to release more regular content updates for you to enjoy. Our plan is to package features like raids, dungeons, and daily quest hubs into smaller content updates and release them as soon as possible, rather than wait and release them as large but infrequent updates. Our first significant step in this direction will be Cataclysm patch 4.1, and we hope the rest of our content updates moving forward follow this model.

This new flexible approach to updates allows us to release content like Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub so that you'll have more challenges to overcome while we make the flames of Sulfuron even fierier and this second showdown with the Firelord even more climactic.

While we know that some raiders feel prepared to smack down the Firelord once again, releasing an epic raid dungeon before its time would, in the words of Ragnaros himself, be "too soon!"

I think you guys made a good decision.
85 Human Priest
03/04/2011 7:24 AMPosted by Zerogeist
Are you going to fix the overtuning for 10man hardmodes? We were promised equality and we have not received it. 10mans WILL DIE OUT if you continue to release new content without addressing balance issues.

Ain't happening. If they did that then 25m guilds would start qqing.

We can't have our hardcore raiders crying now, can we?
85 Goblin Rogue
Great decision.

Also a great feeling seeing all these whiners saying they are quitting. Hopefully it'll raise the average WoW playerbase IQ level just that little bit higher.

A new raid tier means they will trivialize the LAST raid tier. It means casuals get to upgrade their gear from pug raids and justice points again. It means guilds faltering on a particular boss can move on. It means guilds that are developing attendance issues to raids due to lack of interest can get some rejuvenation.

And what about those that got into the expansion late and want to actually have a challenging experience running through these raids? Rather than rely on gear to boost you up, how about actually learning the mechanics and getting the satisfaction of a boss kill rather then thinking of the gear? Normal modes aren't hard. Hard modes are catered for the 'elite raiders' you are talking about and are a purely optional experience.

You're opinion is also contradictory to the actual purpose on this change which is to allow people more time to spend trying to progress through normal and hard modes. Your idea of fun is being the bottom feeder and zerging through raids and heroics like WotLK as a result of number inflation.

Stop assuming that your experience and opinions are based off the majority of the playerbase.
Edited by Quickstrike on 3/4/2011 7:41 AM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]