Patch 4.1/4.2 Content

25 Blood Elf Priest
03/04/2011 7:59 AMPosted by Sairen
I see absolutely no reason why they can't just implement Firelands. If it is tuned anything like most of the current raids, people that haven't cleared MOST of this tier will fail miserably in Firelands anyway.

If you read between the lines, it's likely not done yet. "We're making Firelands more awesome", etc. to paraphrase. So it's likely not quite ready for the PTR and people generally haven't finished with the current tier. It's probably a little of both.
85 Troll Shaman
03/04/2011 8:38 AMPosted by Wando
It was clearly stated at Blizcon that we'd get 3 major content patches in cataclysm, 4.1, 4.2, and 4.3. By releasing 4.1 with no raid content and pushing it into 4.2 we're essentially losing 1/3rd of the raid content we expected to get when we purchased this expansion box.

We're not losing anything. It's just delaying for things that need to get done first. Blizzard is taking time to improve their game and it's structure before adding another level.

If the foundation is crumbling how do you intend to add the swimming pool and bowling alley on the roof?
85 Orc Warrior
But your getting GREAT rehashed content guys....

How can you be mad about that... o wait...

Its pretty obvious that Blizz is just milking WoW for the last few dollars it can. 6+ years of working on a single game I'm sure is extremely boring. They just need the cash flow for "Titan" and Diablo / Starcraft so just keep paying your monthly due and enjoy the repetitive BS you've enjoyed for so long and stop whining about it.

Your having fun right?... right?...
25 Blood Elf Priest
It was clearly stated at Blizcon that we'd get 3 major content patches in cataclysm, 4.1, 4.2, and 4.3. By releasing 4.1 with no raid content and pushing it into 4.2 we're essentially losing 1/3rd of the raid content we expected to get when we purchased this expansion box.

You might be right.

But it's equally likely that stuff happens and plans change. They didn't talk at Blizzcon about smaller and more frequent patches so clearly that will never happen. Right?

Someone says something at a convention and all of a sudden it's written in stone and can never be changed.

It's not a very realistic view of how things actually work.
25 Blood Elf Priest
03/04/2011 8:49 AMPosted by Felstrike

Yeah. Plenty of fun. Thanks for your concern.

And it's You're not 'Your'. Short for You are.
85 Tauren Paladin
lol @ Deathlystale
85 Orc Warrior
03/04/2011 8:55 AMPosted by Moanshadow

RabbleRabble.

Good one
85 Human Priest
03/04/2011 8:58 AMPosted by ßoysßoysßoys
Aaaand Abyssal Maw? ❤

Not coming. I think its been shelved. We are getting cool new ZA and ZG with same bosses though.
85 Orc Warrior
03/04/2011 9:01 AMPosted by Catrili
So basically what Blizzard is doing, is giving everyone who has been lazy in not clearing normal modes a chance to catch up to people who have actually worked their asses off to clear through the content.
I'm sry high school students an working class Americans are being responsible works or parents that they cant devote their life to a video game that has no meaning but to be used as a relaxation tool.

wut
16 Worgen Warrior
In Before someone looks at this alts Armory and tries to tell me why I am not relevant because of it. We are all relevant because we pay for the same game, get over yourselves. I've been playing this game since 1 week after it launched, I got in late I know, and I have to say I am disappointed with Cataclysm so far. I won't go into every little detail, let's just discuss this latest "content patch".

I'm not mad because we are not getting a raid, I am mad because we are only getting two, rehashed and redone dungeons, and even them only on Heroic mode. Two dungeons. That's it. All these things that were supposedly cut for time, or they never had time to reach and all we get is 2 dungeons.

Silithus; still not updated, but it's okay we get two rehashed dungeons. Arathi Highlands still not done, but it's okay we get two rehashed dungeons. Galywix still not in the game; it's okay we get two rehashed dungeons. Gilneas still dead empty; it's okay we get two rehashed dungeons. Worgen story line; drops off a cliff only to land on a completely different faction(lol makes a lot of sense this one), and then drops off another cliff never to be seen again. It's okay we get TWO rehashed dungeons!!

OMG Guys TWO rehashed Dungeons!!!

That's just naming a few. All this and our first major "content patch" is nothing more than two rehashed dungeons and some minor hotfix changes? I'm not sure I can call this a major "content patch" and not feel like I'm lying to myself to make me feel better about playing.

Yea, I'm not mad because there are no raids, I'm mad because there isn't any damn content to speak of.
85 Dwarf Warrior
What my guild mates, friends, and I would like to know is - will there be any additional/new pre-heroic, pre-raid content for casual players in patch 4.1? How about patch 4.2?

If not, then when?

The new heroics in 4.1 and raid in 4.2 will no doubt be welcomed by more progression oriented and hardcore players. However, many of us are still sorely disappointed with the lack of pre-heroic content for casual gamers in Cataclysm. We still have only three 85/normal dungeons, a very limited number of cataclysm rep factions, and overall very little compelling content that is available to us in this expansion.

Some of us have been asking this question for quite some time now, and we have yet to see any information on the subject of new casual content for the game in the Cataclysm development cycle.

If the plan is to continue releasing top-end heroic and raid content to the exclusion of anything for casual players, we feel we deserve at least a confirmation of that, and preferably some details on why that's the case. On the other hand if there are plans to add more casual content to the game, then we should at least see some communication to that effect as well.

I can't help but think that the casual gamers still playing WoW have been more than patient on this issue. It has been quite some time since Cataclysm was released now, and considering the wealth of information that has been released about the new heroic and raid content in coming patches, it would seem to be only fair to also communicate info. on the disposition towards more pre-heroic/casual content for players in that bracket as well.

Thank You.
85 Human Priest
03/04/2011 9:11 AMPosted by Lucianos
Yea, I'm not mad because there are no raids, I'm mad because there isn't any damn content to speak of.

Well apparently, you and I are not important because we don't raid. Let the raiders qq about it imo.
25 Blood Elf Priest
03/04/2011 9:01 AMPosted by Catrili
So basically what Blizzard is doing, is giving everyone who has been lazy in not clearing normal modes a chance to catch up to people who have actually worked their asses off to clear through the content.
I'm sry high school students an working class Americans are being responsible workers or parents that they cant devote their life to a video game 100% of the time that has no meaning but to be used as a relaxation tool.

I didn't want to go back and get the original quote from Madhoter so I'll do it this way. If you're logging on each and every day/night to an MMO just so you can work your ass off playing a game, you're really doing it wrong with regard to attitude. It's a game. Just relax.

And since I'm using Catrili's post anyway, I agree that some responsible adults, who play very well, don't have the time or inclination to log on at every spare moment and abandon the rest of their life. This does not make them lazy. Just rational.
24 Night Elf Priest
I'm all for Blizzard slowing down introducing raid content.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]