Patch 4.1/4.2 Content

85 Goblin Mage
03/04/2011 11:20 AMPosted by Aegle
Oh people, stop complaining! This just means that they have time to fix Ragnarok... As much fun as pwning a playboy bunny with disproportional legs sounds.

Thinking that giving Blizzard enough time will fix anything is a joke. They had years to run DPS calculations for Cataclysm raiders and they still couldn't get them more in line with one another at launch. It used to be they released products when they were done. That was before their French overlords at Vivendi took over.
90 Human Priest

A good amount of development progress had already been made on Firelands by the time we decided it would be better to release it in the following patch. Because of that, a lot of information about what is now considered 4.2 content was already in the game files for the initial 4.1 PTR build. This just reinforces what Bashiok said about 4.2 being scheduled for release on the PTR shortly after 4.1 goes live.

Development for both patches is currently well in progress. :)

Or -- you are just as shady as the Xbox DLC peddlers where you have everything created by the time something launches and you slowly release it so you can stretch out old content for as long as possible.

Stretching out old content? T11 isn't even a full 3 months old yet! If 4.1 is on the PTR for another 2-3 weeks with 4.2 hitting the PTR soon after, you're looking at a 6 month lifespan for T11. That is nowhere as bad as ICC was, and about on par with Naxx which didn't even have Hardmode encounters (just the achievements that could be done at one's own leisure). Blizzard will never, and I mean NEVER be able to keep up with the appetites of the top 2-3% of the playerbase. They tried doing that in TBC and we all saw what a failure Sunwell was.
Edited by Rislyn on 3/4/2011 11:33 AM PST
85 Human Paladin
I like how they aren't rushing Firelands at us right away. It gives the casual raiders more time to explore the content we have now.
90 Human Death Knight
This patch shouldn't be called 4.1.

it should be 4.0.8.

Anyways. I figure the road of cataclysm will look something like this.

4.1- ZA/ZG

4.2 Firelands(maybe abyssal Maw)

4.3 Abyssal maw if it doesn't make 4.2 and another caverns of time 5man.

4.4 The War of the Ancients.

4.5 Re-tuning of AQ 20 and 40 to 5-man heroics.

4.6 Soggoth the Slitherer.

4.7 Deathwing.

You have to remember. there has to be an old god somewhere in this expansion. Although he might be involved in the war of the ancients.

if true. change deathwing to 4.6
72 Tauren Paladin
I'd like to say I applaud this move Blizz. I definently havn't felt like I've advanced significantly through tier 11 yet and was worried I wouldn't get to really experience it before Firelands hit. In fact, I was fearing an Ulduar situation.

So my hats off to you Blizzard. *tips hat*
90 Troll Warrior
While a controversial change I think this is a good one. The more time they have to develope the better and releasing 5-mans in between is also a nice push. I love the 5-man content and was very happy with Wrath for it's continued 5-man support. Very happy again that Cataclysm is dishing out more 5's for me to sink my teeth into.

Also it is nice that you want to take your time on the raids. Trial of the Crusader was one of my favorite raids because of the story there. I just wish you guys took the time to flesh out under the colosium and add a few more bosses. It really was a great concept. I am looking forward to completing this raid tier and getting to face Ragnaros again in his new form! Thank you for not making his apearance "too soon"!

*Edit*
03/04/2011 11:32 AMPosted by Cervarius
You have to remember. there has to be an old god somewhere in this expansion. Although he might be involved in the war of the ancients.

Did you forget Iso'Rath in the Twighlight Highlands?
Edited by Hyto on 3/4/2011 11:35 AM PST
90 Human Death Knight
While a controversial change I think this is a good one. The more time they have to develope the better and releasing 5-mans in between is also a nice push. I love the 5-man content and was very happy with Wrath for it's continued 5-man support. Very happy again that Cataclysm is dishing out more 5's for me to sink my teeth into.

Also it is nice that you want to take your time on the raids. Trial of the Crusader was one of my favorite raids because of the story there. I just wish you guys took the time to flesh out under the colosium and add a few more bosses. It really was a great concept. I am looking forward to completing this raid tier and getting to face Ragnaros again in his new form! Thank you for not making his apearance "too soon"!

*Edit*

I'm looking more at C'thun.

if you follow the lore, cho'gall has been hell bent on resurrecting C'thun since warcraft 2.

At the end of the cho'gall fight he's mind controlled by an old god.

So it could be Iso'rath. but I think the more shocking discovery would be that with the power of the twilight's hammer he was able to resurrect C'thun.

Edit: It can't be Iso'rath or Soggoth now that I think about it.

Neither are old gods.

So it's either C'thun redux or N'Zoth.
Edited by Cervarius on 3/4/2011 11:41 AM PST
90 Human Priest

*Edit*

I'm looking more at C'thun.

if you follow the lore, cho'gall has been hell bent on resurrecting C'thun since warcraft 2.

At the end of the cho'gall fight he's mind controlled by an old god.

So it could be Iso'rath. but I think the more shocking discovery would be that with the power of the twilight's hammer he was able to resurrect C'thun.

That would actually be pretty badass and fit in well with the current story.
85 Human Warlock
I actually like this idea, and I love the idea of not having every major patch being a raid patch. It wasn't that way originally, it doesn't have to be that way now.

No.
43 Draenei Shaman
I'd just like to point out to the people who are only 12/12 normal mode or less and say that they are "done and bored" because they "don't care about hard modes" that you have NOT completed all of the content so you really have no right to complain that you aren't getting a new raid just quite yet.

I barely raid at all, because I don't care much about the raids. Still, I'm not sitting here complaining that there's not much content in the game for me and that they should add more. It's my choice not to participate in the raids, so I have no right to complain for more content when I'm choosing not to do what's already available to me. Same for people who haven't completed the hard modes. It's your decision not to do it, it doesn't mean that the content doesn't exist.

If you decide not to do all of the current content then you do look sort of odd for complaining that you've run out of stuff to do.
90 Human Mage
By now you’ve seen that the redesigned Heroic five-player dungeon versions of Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub are on the PTR, featuring all-new boss mechanics, updated epic-level loot, and some rare mounts for players to try to tame.

You may be asking, "where's Firelands?”

Actually, I'm asking "where's an orange tiger mount I can try to get?" and "why didn't you bring back the GOOD tiger mount that WAS in ZG?"
85 Worgen Druid
This patch shouldn't be called 4.1.

it should be 4.0.8.

Anyways. I figure the road of cataclysm will look something like this.

4.1- ZA/ZG

4.2 Firelands(maybe abyssal Maw)

4.3 Abyssal maw if it doesn't make 4.2 and another caverns of time 5man.

4.4 The War of the Ancients.

4.6 Soggoth the Slitherer.

4.7 Deathwing.

if true. change deathwing to 4.6

Soggoth the Slitherer is a faceless one that you kill in Darkshore and not a Old God. The Old God N'Zoth will NOT be in this expansion (already said at Blizzcon). Azshara is following it and so it would be in the next expansion with her.
Edited by Saberan on 3/4/2011 12:12 PM PST
85 Undead Rogue
So Bashiok, does this mean we're going to get more content patches this expansion? Will Deathwing be in like 4.6 now? I'm totally cool with that as long as the length between patches is shorter like you described.
85 Tauren Warrior
03/04/2011 11:55 AMPosted by Aelelia
I believe, ladies and gentleman, that Pokemon Black/White have killed wow...

Nah

When they announce a real Pokemon MMO

I sure know as hell I won't be the only one who jumps in excitement.

I'm quite serious

Don't joke around, a Pokemon MMO would be badass.
*sigh* I remember when people said that War Hammer would kill WoW...but instead War Hammer kinda died on it's own, at a very fast and sad rate. Good times. Pokemon wouldnt be the same though, I know people at Blizz would be playing that #!@!.

WTB Team Rocket faction, only to serve Giovanni.
90 Tauren Paladin
I love seeing the complaints about firelands being pushed back... especially from ppl who haven't even cleared all the current content on normal mode...

Do you ppl realize that less then 20% of all the guilds in the world have killed Neferian on NORMAL mode?

It just doesn't make sense to release Firelands so soon considering those numbers...

If you are one of those ppl that have cleared all the current content, and are complaining think about this you have just that much more time to gear up your guild, so you can be that much more successful when it does hit live.

Just because you've cleared the current content doesn't mean the majority of the population has, and if you Actually read the post beyond "Firelands won't be realeased in 4.1 OMGWTF RRRRAAAAAAGGGGGGEEEEEEE!!!!!" You would have noticed that according to the blue 4.2 will hit the PTR shortly after 4.1 goes live, AND they've already done a lot of the development on 4.2, so in all honesty it sounds like Firelands won't be released much longer after it was initially intended.

So step back, relax, take a breathe whatever you need to do. Spend some time in RL go get laid or something, and take this SLIGHT pushback as blessing.
90 Dwarf Death Knight
I don't see why all the raging. My server just had it's first 25 heroic Sinestra down yesterday. Realm first Sinestra by Gentleman's Club (Horde) on Korgath. I don't think Korgath is a hardcore server, but is respectable... I bet most of the servers didn't downed Sinestra on 25 heroic yet. So what the hell?! The actual content isn't old enough to be replaced, if just some guilds did it that doesn't represent the majority of players. Blizzard is right, Crusader Tournament patch was an huge mistake, Ulduar was probably the best raid in LK, and was replaced too damn soon. If the elite players don't know what to do until 4.2 just go gear up some alt or something.
Edited by Hautzegard on 3/4/2011 12:56 PM PST
85 Dwarf Paladin
03/03/2011 6:02 PMPosted by Schoolsterz
Worse decision Blizzard has made so far in Cata, and there has been a lot of bad decisions.

...this coming from someone who has cleared barely 50% of REGULAR raid content. And you can't claim "ALT" since your guild is at the same level.

You and everyone who thinks like you can go and enjoy Rift.

Please!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]