Patch 4.1/4.2 Content

85 Draenei Paladin
One thing I don't understand is this.

If firelands isn't being released why are people finding all of this content?

There is a huge thread on mmo-champion about the legendary staff. So is that supposed to drop in ZG or ZA now? Ya I seriously doubt that.

Not to mention this: http://db.mmo-champion.com/encounter/1185/fandral-staghelm/

Whatever though, I could care less when 4.1 comes out, I'll just enjoy the game. And to all you whiners saying you'll quit the game if they don't release.... STFU. You know you're not going to quit you're just running your mouths or in this case, keyboards.

Also quick question, if this patch isn't releasing a new raid does it really deserve to be called 4.1? I thought that was for MAJOR content aka raids.

Data-mining. There is the information on the PTR servers but it's not implemented, MMO-champion data mines to find it then speculates on what it could possibly be / how it could be got.

Also, it's not ALWAYS raids that get a .numeral
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Please consider adding back in the old ZG mounts to archeology at least with this patch so those of us that spent years trying to get them would still have a way to do so.

I would also like to see the Shadowmourne quest chain made more friendly to small groups since getting enough players together to actually do the Blood step at this time is very difficult. (Making the quests doable on 10 man with only one bite required for the blood infusion would help out players that would like to complete the chain at some point in time.)
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Gnome Warrior
03/03/2011 6:06 PMPosted by Mindfreakz
There is a huge thread on mmo-champion about the legendary staff. So is that supposed to drop in ZG or ZA now? Ya I seriously doubt that.

It's called datamining. There are things in the game files for upcoming content. There are also things in the game files that have been there for quite some time and never released. Datamining is an inexact science.

85 Goblin Mage
Let me preface this by saying I am not 12/12 heroic mode (I am 12/12 normal mode) which is all I care about as I play to see the content and enjoy the lore.

I was super excited for 4.1 due to Firelands (I am not excited about ZA/ZG due to the whole been there/done that mentality).

I don't quite understand why people are thankful that this raid is being delayed. Just because a new raid is released doesn't mean you have to step foot into that new raid, especially if you are not out of the current raid progression. So you have the OPTION to move forward or stay put depending on whatever pace you want to utilize. On the flip side those who have cleared current content (Heroic or normal) now have zero options but to wait around for a new raid.
3 Troll Shaman
One thing I don't understand is this.

If firelands isn't being released why are people finding all of this content?

Not to mention this: http://db.mmo-champion.com/encounter/1185/fandral-staghelm/

Whatever though, I could care less when 4.1 comes out, I'll just enjoy the game. And to all you whiners saying you'll quit the game if they don't release.... STFU. You know you're not going to quit you're just running your mouths or in this case, keyboards.

Also quick question, if this patch isn't releasing a new raid does it really deserve to be called 4.1? I thought that was for MAJOR content aka raids.

2.2 didn't have a raid or an instance, or even new quest zone. It was just in-game Voice technology.
3 Troll Druid
03/03/2011 6:02 PMPosted by Schoolsterz
Worse decision Blizzard has made so far in Cata, and there has been a lot of bad decisions.

It's actually a smart decision. Only the top raiding guild would be able to successfully complete the firelands raid, while all the other guild would still be struggling on the current raids. Blizzard thinks that the players aren't ready for the next raid, and that is true.

85 Tauren Paladin
The only thing I question here is that the current VP gear becomes JP gear in 4.1.

Am I to assume that we will all be fully geared in tier 11 gear by the time the next raid tier comes out? With JP being as easy as they are to get, we will be falling into the trap of not knowing who is/is not competent save for going to armory outside the game to see the player's progress in actual raids. Guess you guys want everybody to have a full server list of toons with full tier 11/12/13/14 at the end of every raid tier. Doesn't exactly make any of the gear "unique" per se.

On the other hand, this might fix the queue lengths for dps classes, given that all that some people will have to do is alt runs and gearing alts in the semi-new instances. Of course, it could do the opposite by having many raiders who have seen enough of the content (12/12 normal or something) to feel like they've beaten it quit until 4.2.

Just my 2 silver.
85 Troll Shaman
Bad move in my opinion. Yes, I know I havent't done raids with the exception of Baradin Hold but I bet many guilds have finished all the current raids so they will get bored too fast.

14 Worgen Hunter
Here's something the whiners are forgetting...when the ToC patch came out, they killed off ulduar raiding (arguably the best raid of the expansion) while most of the player base had not even got the chance to finish it yet. Blizzard has stated numerous times in the past that killing off ulduar raiding that early was a mistake they didn't want to repeat again..and this is mentioned in the eurogamer article..

"Our previous experience with content updates informed this decision. We feel like Call of the Crusade was released while raiders were still busy with Ulduar, which stamped out Ulduar raiding. We don't feel that Cataclysm needs a new raid tier just yet.

Most players haven't got the chance to see current cataclysm raid content yet..why shove another raid down our throats before most people have got the chance to finish current content?
100 Draenei Paladin
Nice, I like this new development very much. I was beginning to feel a bit rushed in the current raid content with 4.1 looming on the horizon.

I'm sure this will upset the "hardcore" crowd but I think the majority of raiders are happy they still have time to nail down those one or two stubborn bosses.
86 Draenei Death Knight
03/03/2011 6:03 PMPosted by Deathlystale
4.3 is comfirmed deathwing! we lose an entire tier of raiding because firelands is 4.2, and this stupid patch is 4.1 with recycled crap

So they push it back, or make Firelands 4.1.1.3333repeating or something. Calm down.
90 Night Elf Death Knight
The only thing I question here is that the current VP gear becomes JP gear in 4.1.

Am I to assume that we will all be fully geared in tier 11 gear by the time the next raid tier comes out? With JP being as easy as they are to get, we will be falling into the trap of not knowing who is/is not competent save for going to armory outside the game to see the player's progress in actual raids. Guess you guys want everybody to have a full server list of toons with full tier 11/12/13/14 at the end of every raid tier. Doesn't exactly make any of the gear "unique" per se.

On the other hand, this might fix the queue lengths for dps classes, given that all that some people will have to do is alt runs and gearing alts in the semi-new instances. Of course, it could do the opposite by having many raiders who have seen enough of the content (12/12 normal or something) to feel like they've beaten it quit until 4.2.

Just my 2 silver.

I doubt they will convert in 4.1, completely doubt it.
58 Orc Death Knight
Here's something the whiners are forgetting...when the ToC patch came out, they killed off ulduar raiding (arguably the best raid of the expansion) while most of the player base had not even got the chance to finish it yet. Blizzard has stated numerous times in the past that killing off ulduar raiding that early was a mistake they didn't want to repeat again..and this is mentioned in the eurogamer article..

"Our previous experience with content updates informed this decision. We feel like Call of the Crusade was released while raiders were still busy with Ulduar, which stamped out Ulduar raiding. We don't feel that Cataclysm needs a new raid tier just yet.

Most players haven't got the chance to see current cataclysm raid content yet..why shove another raid down our throats before most people have got the chance to finish current content?

This is why they need to bring back attunements, lets bring it back to the BC days.

Keeps everybody happy, the ppl qq'ing about wanting to experience the content they are on can at their own pace, and people who finish can move on to new stuff.
14 Worgen Hunter
03/03/2011 6:12 PMPosted by Bloodflint
Translation: we found that releasing all the expansion content at once caused players to beat it quickly and then quit playing. Which caused us to lose money. So what were going to do now: is string things out and slowly release content over time to keep people paying and hooked to the game.

0 raids cleared..half your gear is at the level of heroic 5 mans and complaining about not getting a new raid..yeah. You're kinda making it hard to take the complainers side of this discussion seriously.
85 Draenei Shaman
The only problem with this is the community got their news from third-party sources instead of posting this earlier. It makes it look like Blizzard was 'outed' and had to post it because the others news sites released the interview.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]