Patch 4.1/4.2 Content

Community Manager
03/03/2011 6:06 PMPosted by Mindfreakz
If firelands isn't being released why are people finding all of this content?

A good amount of development progress had already been made on Firelands by the time we decided it would be better to release it in the following patch. Because of that, a lot of information about what is now considered 4.2 content was already in the game files for the initial 4.1 PTR build. This just reinforces what Bashiok said about 4.2 being scheduled for release on the PTR shortly after 4.1 goes live.

Development for both patches is currently well in progress. :)
85 Tauren Druid
Sounds solid to me. Now people won't be able to complain about the raid feeling rushed. Instead, they will complain about other things, but that's just how these forums work. Will the Abyssal Maw still be implemented in 4.1?
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
One thing I don't understand is this.

If firelands isn't being released why are people finding all of this content?

There is a huge thread on mmo-champion about the legendary staff. So is that supposed to drop in ZG or ZA now? Ya I seriously doubt that.

Not to mention this: http://db.mmo-champion.com/encounter/1185/fandral-staghelm/

Whatever though, I could care less when 4.1 comes out, I'll just enjoy the game. And to all you whiners saying you'll quit the game if they don't release.... STFU. You know you're not going to quit you're just running your mouths or in this case, keyboards.

Also quick question, if this patch isn't releasing a new raid does it really deserve to be called 4.1? I thought that was for MAJOR content aka raids.

Just because it's not being put in doesn't mean they're not working on it. That stuff in there is some of the things they're working on.

And just because there isn't a raid doesn't mean it can't be a major content patch. Patches 1.2, 1.4, 1.5, 1.10, 1.12, and 2.2 didn't have any raid content to them but still had sufficient stuff in them to be major patches.

Vanilla WoW had 12 major patches.
BC had 5.
Wrath had 4.

This direction, if done correctly, could be a great thing. But that would probably mean a major patch every 1-3 months depending on the content in it.
90 Draenei Shaman
What is up with these people complaining? Most of them complaining havent even beaten half the normal content.

I am actually glad there delaying fireland for abit. I havent even cleared all the normal modes yet. Now this gives me the chance of finishing the current and maybe heroic raid for this tier.
85 Human Death Knight
When can we expect epic gems?
90 Human Paladin
This new plan is all dependent on you speeding up your development process. I remember waiting patiently for half a year between T6 and T6.5, and if this "pushing back content for smaller patches" results in the same thing I think you're going to anger a lot of raiders.

So, are you committed to increasing the alacrity of your patch cycles if you're going to delay endgame content?
85 Tauren Paladin
On the subject of Valor -> JP, I believe it stated that it would change on the next raid tier.
Seeing as that won't be until Firelands, which is not 4.1, I would ASSUME, the conversion will not happen.

Ah, good point. I had heard 4.1 was when the change would occur, but now that you mention it I am a little more hopeful that we won't all be waltzing about in full tier 11 at the end of every tier. I'm at least impartial to people having easy access at the start of the next tier, but easy access during is a bit more questionable IMO.
90 Human Paladin
I really hope you guys at Blizzard think about this some more because a lot of people are already wanting to quit because of lack of things to do and adding 2 re-made heroics won't fix that. If 4.1 goes live without new raids i will be forced to quit. (and yeah i know who cares if i leave) but i can tell you this, i wouldnt be the only one to do it.
1 Undead Rogue
So won't these fast patches cause more issues with having to hotfix stuff in because lack of testing? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Test Realms just aren't getting enough feedback to blizzard, how is this to change with quicker patches?
85 Goblin Mage
What is up with these people complaining? Most of them complaining havent even beaten half the normal content.

I am actually glad there delaying fireland for abit. I havent even cleared all the normal modes yet. Now this gives me the chance of finishing the current and maybe heroic raid for this tier.

SO what would keep you from completing the current content before moving into Firelands if it were released? People should be allowed to play at their own pace, not a pace Blizzard thinks they should play at. As I said in an earlier post, YOU would have the option to stay at your current progression point or move forward (even if not ready). Whereas, those who have cleared 12/12 (heroic or normal) are now FORCED to wait for the next raid.
90 Orc Warrior
im ok with this aslong as heroic leap can go uphill.... PLEASE!
85 Draenei Priest
I just wanted to say thank you. Although I do not currently raid, some of my friends were very concerned that there was not time to farm the appropriate gear to finish heroic mode content. I understand that some guilds can put in insane hours and raid crazy schedules and really force the content down quickly, but this is a luxury that most players simply don't have time for.

I've been told it's massive grind by many, but a rewarding one that players want adequate time to complete before moving on to the next tier.
85 Goblin Warlock
Though I'm certainly a secret fan of yours Bashiak, where's Neth been lately? She used to give us a lot of these updates!

PS: Is there any chance we'll get epic gems any time soon and/or how much advanced notice should we expect, if any?
Edited by Grimgol on 3/3/2011 6:31 PM PST
14 Worgen Hunter
I'm really disappointed and this is why:

I'm simply done paying 15 dollars a month to fight the same boss encounters repackaged every other content patch. Although it does inspire some sense of nostalgia, I feel more and more that your business strategy at a core level is either stifling designer creativity or just lazy.

My 10 man guild quit the week Rift came out as a pre-order on Steam. We had Nef down to 18% the week prior but in the words of one of my esteemed guildmates… “why hang around and kill Onyxia and Nef for the trillionth time when I can do something new and exciting in a another MMO.” I told them I was going to hang around in WoW until I could see the new content patch.

When I heard it was ZA and ZG, I couldn’t help but feel screwed. Seriously, help me out guys. I’ve been playing this game for quite some time. On various characters, I’ve attained Rank 14 at level 60 and conquered Naxx. I went on the TBC to slay everything ever. I killed the Lich King and have been a loyal customer of many of your products. I’m a cash player, a solid part of your base.

I simply can’t win this argument with my guild any longer. Looks like I’ll be joining them in the Realm of Telara soon, ‘cause I won’t be in Azeroth for long.

Peace,
Apathy

K, see you again when rift inevitably ends up being a flop.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm really disappointed and this is why:

I'm simply done paying 15 dollars a month to fight the same boss encounters repackaged every other content patch. Although it does inspire some sense of nostalgia, I feel more and more that your business strategy at a core level is either stifling designer creativity or just lazy.

My 10 man guild quit the week Rift came out as a pre-order on Steam. We had Nef down to 18% the week prior but in the words of one of my esteemed guildmates… “why hang around and kill Onyxia and Nef for the trillionth time when I can do something new and exciting in a another MMO.” I told them I was going to hang around in WoW until I could see the new content patch.

When I heard it was ZA and ZG, I couldn’t help but feel screwed. Seriously, help me out guys. I’ve been playing this game for quite some time. On various characters, I’ve attained Rank 14 at level 60 and conquered Naxx. I went on the TBC to slay everything ever. I killed the Lich King and have been a loyal customer of many of your products. I’m a cash player, a solid part of your base.

I simply can’t win this argument with my guild any longer. Looks like I’ll be joining them in the Realm of Telara soon, ‘cause I won’t be in Azeroth for long.

Peace,
Apathy

Not our fault your guild fell apart
85 Night Elf Druid

When I heard it was ZA and ZG, I couldn’t help but feel screwed. Seriously, help me out guys. I’ve been playing this game for quite some time.

I really don't understand this rushed and close-minded reasoning I hear so often. First of all, you don't seem to have done heroics; not knocking you, but they're a completely different ball game; Most if not all require very different strategies from their normal counterparts. I'm sure that content would last you until 4.2 and beyond. Second, I don't see why people are complaining that they've already done ZG and ZA; NO, you have NOT done it before. Would it make you feel better if they reskinned and renamed everything? Because essentially that's what your complaint is; the content is new, but the recognizable pieces are a scapegoat to condemn Blizzard.
Edited by Hyperìon on 3/3/2011 6:31 PM PST
85 Dwarf Shaman
Oh Blizzard, I don't even know what to say. More let down for an expansion full of recycled content and now a whole patch dedicated to even more! Wonderful.
90 Troll Hunter
4.2 better come damn fast.
85 Blood Elf Warlock
03/03/2011 5:59 PMPosted by Notolol
So with 4.1 I can look forward to running 2 "new-old" heroics that I've already done a thousand times, for 353 gear that I don't need at all.

At last a heroic with epics, now i can buy those stupid recipes that require maelstrom crystals :)
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]