Patch 4.1/4.2 Content

85 Orc Death Knight
Soo....you learned from wrath that everyone loves doing the same content for a long time. Genius. Guess i will be searching for something else to play in the next month or two.
85 Blood Elf Mage
I do not find this acceptable. This is worse than Wrath. During Wrath beta it was talked about how there would be like 7 chapters. All in all we got 2 real raids (Ulduar and ICC) and one obviously thrown together one (ToTC) to replace other planned content because of things being sidetracked.

Now here we are, Cataclysm, and once again, first raid is delayed. And this one will be out even later than Ulduar was released in Wrath. And for all the smart aleck comments about "Well you don't even have current raid content down", it's not about that. It's about the lack of progression of NEW lore content. This just about guarantees that at least some things we were to see in this expansion will end up being in a novel, not the game.

For before since Wrath the Warcraft story has played out in the novels, not the game. One doesn't even have to play the game to keep up with the lore. If you read the novels and comics then you know everything.

And now that the people who wanted ZG and ZA back in game have gotten their wish, look at the increased calls for all the other instances to be redone. Honestly, how can Blizz say no to them at this point since they caved on these two.

Now I realize the questline in STV made it POSSIBLE that ZG may be back in some form, but there was no way ZA was planned for. Ghostlands and Eversong were the only 2 zones attached to either continent that did not get updated for flying. On the PTR all they have done is put up patchwork invisible walls. Had ZA honestly been planned for for the first content patch, Ghostlands would have been updated before Cata's release for flying. And don't say they didn't have time. As i said, they did EVERY other continental zone so not making time to make sure flying was ready for a zone with planned content makes no sense.

The fact of the matter is this is extremely disappointing. We will we not see Kul Tiras because of this? Will Danath not face Sylvanas over what she did to his nephew? Will we not find out why Garona is back in the Horde after her attack on the peace meeting? Or what about Garrosh risking Alexstaza's wrath by bring the Dragonmaw's back into the Horde? And could Garrosh actually be the new Rend Blackhand? I'm sure these questions will eventually be answered, but I'm starting to become sure they won't be answered inside the game because giving people chances at mounts is more important than the actual Warcraft story.
11 Troll Hunter
Well, I hope the smaller patches will remove many of the odd zones of "fatigue" water (for instance between Darnassus and the mainland).

And add flying to the missing zones.
25 Blood Elf Priest
03/03/2011 6:32 PMPosted by Zambos
Sorry to nitpick, but an earlier announcement would have been nice. There's been plenty of evidence that Firelands wasn't coming with 4.1, but you've allowed people to (more than understandably) speculate otherwise. The timing of this announcement doesn't give me much confidence that this was part of an actual, fleshed out vision, but rather that you guys felt your hand was somewhat forced.

Speculation is speculation. You can't take something away that was never there to begin with.
Wow... JUST WOW. You have been working on Firelands since October (or sooner) last year and you still feel its "too soon" or your PR answer of "we don’t feel Cataclysm needs a new raid tier just yet"???

First time I have said this since making my account since the game went live... GG Blizz.
85 Orc Rogue
What is the time frame between 4.1 and 4.2? Are we talking weeks or months? I have a pretty sinking feelings I will not be able to keep 25 people interested enough in 2 five man dungeons and progression on heroic Cata until then. The way that recruiting is, ie difficult, many guilds will die because of this.

BTW, I am pretty sure that this:

Star Wars: The Old Republic is expected to launch this year after the close of EA's fiscal 2011 (which ends March 31st, 2011). Information on the release date and pre-order programs will be released as it becomes available.

has a lot more bearing on the new raid content. Blizzard is notorious for that.
Funny. My greatest regret about wotlk raiding was the fact that I didn't cancel my sub the day I saw how bad ToC 10/h10/25/h25 really was. It had nothing to do with pacing. It had everything to do with the instance having bland fights in the blandest possible setting when you could have done place like AN or an utgarde or even a loltroll raid instead.
85 Worgen Druid
Well I'm glad my sub didn't renew till the 8th and can cancel now while I enjoy Rift. Sorry but the current raid content bores the hell out of me since I don't exactly find hard modes 'fun' and besides raiding there is nothing else to do unless I want to play an alt. I don't care for PvP (especially after you destroyed feral mobility), dailies serve no purpose besides gold and the 5 mans do nothing at all for me.
Edited by Saberan on 3/3/2011 6:44 PM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
So, how long would you say it'd take between 4.1 and a new raid tier?

I'm not finished the normal mode yet, it'll probably take me another four to eight weeks I figure to get all I plan to get done complete (normal clear and a few heroic bosses, but I don't want to cross the line between this being a game I play for fun and this being a second job/competitive (lol)sport as some people treat it). I have no intention wiping for weeks or months on heroic modes, nor do I want to do them when they get nerfed down to my level (in line with the current normals, which are just perfect for me - challenging but certainly doable), as doing nerfed content doesn't feel like an accomplishment to me, but rather an arbitrary stat increase for dealing with the same level of difficulty as I did before. I don't need that, and don't find any bit of the prospect of doing hardmodes/nerfed hardmodes interesting.

I really do like this game, but there's already a serious lack of stuff I find interesting to do at 85. I only have two 85s, but between the two I can only stand to do the heroics, dailies, profs, ah/making gold tasks etc. so many times before I find myself wanting to do something else. Right now the only thing keeping me interested is the raiding I do (two nights a couple hours each night, going up to three times a week this week). A few new heroics and a handful of minor new things to do won't satisfy me for long - frankly, I'll probably get my fill of the new content on the PTR at this rate. I really do like this game, so I won't quit, but it does seem likely I'll end up taking a break between finishing this tier of raiding and the next, returning when the new tier is out.

Right now I can't imagine the wait for 4.2 being less than 5 months (two months for 4.1 is what I read, then I assume at least a period of time longer than between now and 4.1 as the interval between 4.1 and 4.2 - so I get a five month minimum)... so I feel I'll probably take two or three months as a break. Maybe it'd be good for me. Tho if a lot of other people are like me it may not be great for the game.
85 Dwarf Warrior
So can we expect to be going up to something like 6 or 7 content patches in Cataclysm then?
14 Worgen Hunter
My guild "didn't fall apart." We all are still playing together and literally 15 folks went to a different MMO. I'm expressing the reason why that happened in a pretty intelligent and articulate way.

We don't really enjoy the game enough to do heroics. We did it all through ICC, and rather disliked killing the same bosses changed up a bit. It's a will issue, not a skill issue. The motivation and fun for my group of folks decreases everytime we are forced to clear repackaged fights. I think its a bad business model.

Peace,
Apathy

But somehow Trion Worlds business model is superior by recycling the entire game of WOW and labeling it new content as opposed to blizzard completely remaking old content and releasing it as a free update?

Kinda like how people whined how SFK/Deadmines heroic were going to be recycled crap before it came out and the whining ceased after people actually PLAYED IT and realized it was a totally different experience. Why not give something a chance before you sit there whining about it?
85 Draenei Death Knight
03/03/2011 6:43 PMPosted by Forgrin
So can we expect to be going up to something like 6 or 7 content patches in Cataclysm then?

Possibly. Vanilla went up to 1.11, so why can't cataclysm reach 4.11?
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I normally don't sympathize with the "QQ Blizzard is lazy/stupid/etc." crowd, but I can actually sense the frustration with them this time around. I don't PvE anymore (Quit when ToC hit, that place ruined it for me), so it doesn't bother me as of now, but I can understand peoples frustration.

A major content patch with no major content it dumb, sure there is "new" 5 mans which are the old instances with some mob changes. I hate to do it, but I am going to have to side with the QQers on this one.

For something I actually take part in, did frost mages get nerfed?
100 Blood Elf Priest
As someone who's not going to be done with this tier for a while, it'll be nice to have more time to kill Sinestra.
85 Worgen Druid
My guild "didn't fall apart." We all are still playing together and literally 15 folks went to a different MMO. I'm expressing the reason why that happened in a pretty intelligent and articulate way.

We don't really enjoy the game enough to do heroics. We did it all through ICC, and rather disliked killing the same bosses changed up a bit. It's a will issue, not a skill issue. The motivation and fun for my group of folks decreases everytime we are forced to clear repackaged fights. I think its a bad business model.

Peace,
Apathy

But somehow Trion Worlds business model is superior by recycling the entire game of WOW and labeling it new content as opposed to blizzard completely remaking old content and releasing it as a free update?

Kinda like how people whined how SFK/Deadmines heroic were going to be recycled crap before it came out and the whining ceased after people actually PLAYED IT and realized it was a totally different experience. Why not give something a chance before you sit there whining about it?

Rift isn't a recycled WoW. It's called making a game with the things that have been shown to work (and WoW is far from original). You'd probably find: http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/708071/world-of-warcraft-looting-from-other-games-since-2001.html a good read.
Edited by Saberan on 3/3/2011 6:48 PM PST
90 Gnome Warlock
So, "we" learned from the early release of ToC, and are instead following the lesson of ICC, releasing it long after people were done with content and then having it remain current for far too long?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]