Patch 4.1/4.2 Content

1 Night Elf Rogue
I am going to go play rift now. Enjoy paying $15 a month for no content at all. Its like blizzard is trying to lose customers.

And let me just say, I cant remember the last time I felt so betrayed. I use to love this game, I wanted 6 long months for "cata to fix it" and we find cata is nothing but problems and no content unless you are a brand new customer.

Good to see that the people who have been with this game from the start, the people who allowed it to get this far, get no consideration.

Not having a single cataclysm raid cleared pretty much says it all..and you feel "betrayed" that you'll have to wait another month or so to get a raid you'll never clear? Ok, see ya, the community needs less entitled whiny QQers like you anyway.
90 Draenei Shaman
SO what would keep you from completing the current content before moving into Firelands if it were released? People should be allowed to play at their own pace, not a pace Blizzard thinks they should play at. As I said in an earlier post, YOU would have the option to stay at your current progression point or move forward (even if not ready). Whereas, those who have cleared 12/12 (heroic or normal) are now FORCED to wait for the next raid.

People stopped doing ulduar and i suspect most people would stop doing the current cata content if the next raid tier was released too early. Really, i remember my old guild stopped doing ulduar all together becouse we were all too focus on getting gear for ToC. And by extension trying to get to heroic ToC to even bother with ulduar.(besides who had the time and energy to raid two tiers at once?)

Gear is a powerful motivator, much as people may claim otherwise. I think Blizz is doing people a favor of not rushing things. Now more people will experience the current tier.
85 Blood Elf Mage

I'm guessing you don't know what the word "recycle" means. And it wasn't just the same map. It's not new original content. Which was the issue that people had. And my point stands, the comebacks on it were "yeah whatever it's recycled BONUS content, you're getting firelands so shut up". Well they can't say that now.

I'll ask again, what is recycled in it? Naxxramas was recycled because it had the same bosses.

Not the case with Zg so far

Who cares about new, meaningless, troll lore? What about MAJOR lore? What about Alleria and Turalyon who were suppose to come back in BC? What about Danath and his repsonse for what Sylvanas did in Arathi and to his nephew? What about Kul Tiras' planned appearance in this expansion?

Sorry, but just because they created meaningless lore for these instances does not make them "fresh". To much of the real story is untold still.
10 Tauren Paladin
Not having a single cataclysm raid cleared pretty much says it all..and you feel "betrayed" that you'll have to wait another month or so to get a raid you'll never clear? Ok, see ya, the community needs less entitled whiny QQers like you anyway

If you don't raid you likely have completely different problems with Cataclysm that don't involve raids at all, and which 4.1 may or may not fix. Not raiding doesn't mean you can't discuss the rest of the game.
1 Night Elf Rogue
03/03/2011 7:05 PMPosted by Kaidiel
Not having a single cataclysm raid cleared pretty much says it all..and you feel "betrayed" that you'll have to wait another month or so to get a raid you'll never clear? Ok, see ya, the community needs less entitled whiny QQers like you anyway

If you don't raid you likely have completely different problems with Cataclysm that don't involve raids at all, and which 4.1 may or may not fix. Not raiding doesn't mean you can't discuss the rest of the game.

The topic of the discussion here is about the firelands raid being pushed out of 4.1. If you're going to complain about not having enough raid content it would make sense to at least have cleared most of the current tier of content first.
85 Tauren Paladin
Have you looked at ZG?

Recycled backgrounds, recycled polygon models... It's not new and fresh... The world has been destroyed and it looks like nothing happened.

Recycled plastic is still plastic...it's just a slightly different shaped plastic

Oh I get your mindset ''Graphix''.
85 Blood Elf Mage

I hate this smart aleck response.

And for the record, I will easily have all 12 bosses done before 4.1 would have hit with Firelands.

Does it hurt because I am speaking the truth? When you get 12/12 then you have a valid gripe about wanting more. But until then, you are just crying and whining. You haven't seen the story after downing Cho'gall have you?

Hilarious that I have not seen one person 12/12 yet complaining.

I find it so funny you cut off my quotes both times because it destroys your argument.

To you these bosses may as well be white square boxes. They mean nothing to you. You don't care at what rate the content comes out because you obviously do not care about seing the story play out.
85 Goblin Mage
YOU obviously haven't armoried everyone who has complained. I am 12/12 (Normal and some heroics). I don't care about heroic content. I raid for the lore and to see the raids themselves. Though I agree with you that ppl who aren't 12/12 probably should not be complaining, I also think people shouldn't make bold statements that can't back up. :p
85 Troll Warrior
I mean just a couple new 5 mans isn't rly new for blizz hell Mara and Dire Maul were both "big content patches, they were just using the space they had left open. Although I do agree that just re-using ZG/ZA is lame and no where near the extent of the 2 mentioned it's still something semi, kinda, if you look at it at the right angle when the sun hits at just the right moment for the shadows to rly show and while doing this wiggle your head side to side new, and an excuse to be like "free epics for all now you don't have to raid to feel good no more forum QQ pls" .
90 Draenei Shaman
But the fact is things that should be seen in game will now be relegated to a novel because people like you do not care about the STORY. And the STORY is what the game should be about.

I like the story probable more than the average player(heck I did loremaster becouse i loved the story so much). But all things in good time and WoW is still an MMO, it suppose to take time for the story to develop for a variety of reasons.

Who cares about new, meaningless, troll lore? What about MAJOR lore? What about Alleria and Turalyon who were suppose to come back in BC? What about Danath and his repsonse for what Sylvanas did in Arathi and to his nephew? What about Kul Tiras' planned appearance in this expansion?

Sorry, but just because they created meaningless lore for these instances does not make them "fresh". To much of the real story is untold still.

I care about troll lore. Heck im sure alot of players(especially troll players) want there race's story told.
85 Goblin Death Knight
I'm sorry blizzard but this is not "new content"

Releasing firelands with Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub was a smart idea. One that every raider thought would be the way you guys would go because then it gave everone a chance to catch up and gave the raiders something new (I'm 9/12 right now....Its just a matter of time before the other 3 go down. I know I'll have them down before 4.1 and I really don't care about heroics) but giving us rehashed Content and calling it new in a patch all to itself is just spitting in the face of the raider. I'll probably be taking a break from the game after 4.1 comes out because I'm not even 12/12 yet and this content is starting to get old. I don't want to wait another content patch to get to the next tier....
85 Orc Rogue
I just don't get it.

Having learned that lesson in pacing from Wrath of the Lich King, we don’t feel Cataclysm needs a new raid tier just yet.

Nov 13, 2008 WOTLK
6 months later
April 14, 2009 Ulduar
5 months later
August 4th, 2009 Call of the Crusade
5 months later
Dec. 8th 2009 Icecrown Citadel
5 months later
June 22, 2010 Ruby Sanctum
6 months later
Dec 7th, 2010 Cata
??????????????

Blizzard operates the largest most successful MMO in the world. I am not sure what lesson you think you learned but deviating from the successful plan seems illogical.
85 Worgen Druid

I hate this smart aleck response.

And for the record, I will easily have all 12 bosses done before 4.1 would have hit with Firelands.

Does it hurt because I am speaking the truth? When you get 12/12 then you have a valid gripe about wanting more. But until then, you are just crying and whining. You haven't seen the story after downing Cho'gall have you?

Hilarious that I have not seen one person 12/12 yet complaining.

You obviously aren't looking very hard. I don't care for hard modes so I honestly have no reason to raid besides the few pieces of gear I still need (which I can just slightly upgrade in ZG/ZA if I want to).
Edited by Saberan on 3/3/2011 7:15 PM PST
85 Tauren Paladin

Oh I get your mindset ''Graphix''.

Dude if you eat the same toast ever day for 6 months...chances are you aren't going to want to see/experience that same toast for decades. I think that's how we feel, it's how I feel. Even if it was BC when we experienced most of this. ZA was on farm, we had to run it on farm to gear up newbies to enter our main raids, even though we had no upgrades. I don't want to be forced to experience or look at that same toast, over and over again.

It's a toast with a different taste, get over it.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]