B-b-but...The raid content..

(Locked)

85 Night Elf Hunter
11/12 in my guild's 2nd 10 man raid group (out of 5 groups) and the main group has been raiding since week 3, so they're 12/12 with 3/12 HM.

My raid group will down Nefarian this week (hopefully) or the next. That means twelve bosses to farm for the entirety of 4.1. I was looking towards the firelands IMMENSELY, because I enjoyed this tier of raid content tons. It was fun, challenging, but not so hard I was frustrated. I'd be alright with if NEW stuff was coming out, like a bunch of new five mans. I'm not too keen on heroics giving epics either.

But, rehashed ZA and ZG isn't awesome. I didn't run it in Vanilla and I didn't farm for the mounts (go figure, I'm the only person on the planet that doesn't like it!) but it's not NEW. That means Blizzard threw in a few new mechanics, new loot, and spruced the place up. But nothing is new and exciting!

An entire patch and all that is released is two old instances changed into 5 mans. I'm not a quitter, I know they better be putting off Firelands because it's going to blow my mind, but throw me a freakin' bone man. Abyssal Maw heroic? Just tell me if more is planned, cause I'm going to be bored out of my mind.

(by the way, yes, I do stuff other than WoW. "oh who gives if you're bored, go outside and get some fresh air." isn't going to phase me. I do, believe me.)

All I'm reading is "ME ME ME ME."

My guild is only just starting raiding because we had a few stragglers, I know of many others who are doing so as well.

Quit it or live with it.
85 Undead Mage
03/04/2011 5:50 PMPosted by Delrof
live with it.
85 Gnome Mage
I have this sinking feeling that they looked at the wow universe as a whole when they decided where people were on content instead of just checking out your guild.
85 Troll Shaman

But, rehashed ZA and ZG isn't awesome. I didn't run it in Vanilla and I didn't farm for the mounts (go figure, I'm the only person on the planet that doesn't like it!) but it's not NEW. That means Blizzard threw in a few new mechanics, new loot, and spruced the place up. But nothing is new and exciting!

It's all new BUT ITS NOT NEW.
85 Goblin Mage
IMO, they SHOULD release Firelands in 4.1, but, remove the 353 gear from 5 mans, and don't let people get T11 from Justice Points. If people aren't ready for Firelands, MAKE them get ready, don't feed them with welfare epics. Furthermore there's nothing wrong with having more, higher level stuff waiting for you. Release Firelands damn it!
85 Human Paladin
Because it'll have been what, five months in between raid upgrades? Considering we have three raids available now, plus Baradin Hold, I'd rather wait a little bit longer for the Firelands to arrive.

I'd also like to see more than one raid for that duration, too. Give us Firelands and something else. (And no, I don't mean yet another measly one-boss raid).

Really, though, they already delayed the PvP weapons because PvE progression wasn't fast enough, and now they're delaying PvE stuff because PvE progression isn't fast enough. It happens, I guess. Deal. Your guild =/= everyone.
85 Goblin Mage
03/04/2011 6:02 PMPosted by Pebrock
You do know, that even if Firelands came in patch 4.1, it would have been out in the same time it will in patch 4.2.

Well actually they said 4.1 will be on the PTR for another month or two... WHY? They also said 4.2 will be on the PTR "soon", when is soon? Are they talking Duke Nukem: Forever or Halflife 3 "soon" probably.
85 Goblin Mage
Because it'll have been what, five months in between raid upgrades? Considering we have three raids available now, plus Baradin Hold, I'd rather wait a little bit longer for the Firelands to arrive.

I'd also like to see more than one raid for that duration, too. Give us Firelands and something else. (And no, I don't mean yet another measly one-boss raid).

Really, though, they already delayed the PvP weapons because PvE progression wasn't fast enough, and now they're delaying PvE stuff because PvE progression isn't fast enough. It happens, I guess. Deal. Your guild =/= everyone.

The three raids contain an amount of bosses ~equal to that of WotLK's tiers, whereas in WotLK the bosses were in one dungeon, these ones are spread out.

03/04/2011 6:08 PMPosted by Ciarge
untill you are 13/13 HM you are not ready for new raids

Nice alt bro
Edited by Kryptas on 3/4/2011 6:10 PM PST
Community Manager
03/04/2011 5:47 PMPosted by Caelwyn
An entire patch and all that is released is two old instances changed into 5 mans.

The point isn't really that we're delaying Firelands so we can release ZA/ZG instead, or because we don't think players are ready for a new raid. Our messaging on the subject directly implies this, and that's our fault.

What we're really saying is that we want more frequent, slightly smaller updates to the game so that content keeps coming. Since Firelands isn't quite ready yet, we've made the decision not to hold back the other 4.1 patch content for it. Instead, we're going to release patch 4.1 with the content that's ready to go so the majority of players have more things to do, while also putting some finishing touches on Firelands so we can ship it out in 4.2 shortly thereafter. We're not arbitrarily holding back Firelands. On the contrary, we don't want to hold back other content updates for Firelands.

The main content features currently planned for 4.1 are:

• Zul'Gurub revamp

• Zul'Aman revamp

• New level-85 Stranglethorn quest line (phased) leading players into the troll dungeons

• New tier of Heroic dungeon gear (epic item level 353) to give players a slightly bigger boost going into raids for the first time

• New & updated flavor items, vanity pets, and mounts

• Guild Challenges (new guild quests)

All of this is in addition to a number of UI improvements, class balance changes, and more. We'll have more information on the patch 4.1 features coming soon. :D
85 Human Priest
What about scarce normal 5m dungeon at level 85?

BTW, ZA is the same friggin instance with different last boss. And he has same abilities as zul'jin...

Why no normal mode for ZA and ZG awarding ilvl 346?
Edited by Killada on 3/4/2011 6:12 PM PST
85 Goblin Mage
The point isn't really that we're delaying Firelands so we can release ZA/ZG instead, or because we don't think players are ready for a new raid. Our messaging on the subject directly implies this, and that's our fault.

What we're really saying is that we want more frequent, slightly smaller updates to the game so that content keeps coming. Since Firelands isn't quite ready yet, we've made the decision not to hold back the other 4.1 patch content for it. Instead, we're going to release patch 4.1 with the content that's ready to go so the majority of players have more things to do, while also putting some finishing touches on Firelands so we can ship it out in 4.2 shortly thereafter. We're not arbitrarily holding back Firelands. On the contrary, we don't want to hold back other content updates for Firelands.

The main content features currently planned for 4.1 are:

* Zul'Gurub revamp

* Zul'Aman revamp

* New level-85 Stranglethorn quest line (phased) leading players into the troll dungeons

* New tier of Heroic dungeon gear (epic item level 353) to give players a slightly bigger boost going into raids for the first time

* New & updated flavor items, vanity pets, and mounts

* Guild Challenges (new guild quests)

All of this is in addition to a number of UI improvements, class balance changes, and more. We'll have more information on the patch 4.1 features coming soon. :D

Any word on what's going on the the Abyssal Maw?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]